Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Darby makes a lot of sense as Kingston's replacement. You're going to need at least one quintessential AEW wrestler on team AEW, and outside of OC, Darby is the best choice.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I would have not thought of Darby, injury or otherwise.

Darby in a anarchy match is terrifying

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
solid show. lots of good promo work tonight and the matches were on-point as always. swerve-cage and dax-okada being the standouts

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Finished the last half hour late. Willow Mercedes signing was the highlight. Ospreay Strong eh, Okada Dax a fine match.

Darby just ran out, that's kinda interesting.

I did not like this episode, but some things were good.

Probably fast forwarding through Collision to catch Ospreay vs Shane and the Hook match.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Willow and Mercedes segment was great. 🔥

Swerve got his cool factor and edge back.

Ospreay vs. Roddy is gonna be great.

Cope gets his marriage and his family back if he beats Malakai. High stakes!

Christian and Swerve post-match went super hard.

HOOK drew blood from the Learning Tree!

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
User Warned: Metacommentary; Modwhining
Great dynamite.

Also I'm out of a 3 day timeout for mentioning an AEW performers wife. I've got... Questions.

Oct 8, 2019

If I am a wrestler trying to break in to wrestling today, the person I would look into emulating (at least in AEW) is Willow. What fans want know are more white meat babyfaces who beat the heels than celebrate with the fans before signing autographs long after the show has ended.

Wrestlers should go back to old tapes from the 80's and watch Sting matches to emulate that style of fire.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
something to keep an eye on: CyberFight (owner of NOAH, DDT & TJPW) just announced they have a new president, who made strengthening ties with <REDACTED> a priority

this may mean challenges to working with DDT/TJPW going ahead

TheOneJat

Oct 1, 2018
Swerve/Cage was my MOTN.

Willow killed that whole segment. Please let her retain.

Was very impressed with CD/Sydals performance, think they worked that match way better than the bucks.

Cookiedoh85

Oct 29, 2017
Show teased a Joe/Shibata/HOOK trio and a HOOK/Shibata match....Okada calling Dax a bitch...greatest Dynamite ever by default. I have no notes.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
It's Thursday. You know what that means. ❤️🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Show teased a Joe/Shibata/HOOK trio and a HOOK/Shibata match....Okada calling Dax a bitch...greatest Dynamite ever by default. I have no notes.

Seriously. I was all about HOOK getting mentored by Shibata, but how badass is it to get Joe in there with them? What an incredible My Two Dads-type angle. Also for as much as I love Taz putting over his kid on commentary, I'm glad they're being kept separate and HOOK is being put over as being his own man.

Cookiedoh85

Oct 29, 2017
It's Thursday. You know what that means. ❤️🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Seriously. I was all about HOOK getting mentored by Shibata, but how badass is it to get Joe in there with them? What an incredible My Two Dads-type angle. Also for as much as I love Taz putting over his kid on commentary, I'm glad they're being kept separate and HOOK is being put over as being his own man.
If HOOK wasn't gonna get mentored by Joe after their match then I was totally happy with the Shibata pairing but yeah putting them with both is the kind of 'give fans what they want' booking that made me love AEW in the first place. They've made some mis-steps with HOOK (mainly being 'random tag guy' and the Jericho loss at Dynasty - more the way he lost than the loss itself) but yeah being in a really cool trio is pretty much perfect booking.

My only real gripe with the Taz stuff is they waited so long to have him actually get physically involved then totally wasted it on a Jericho shove. The amount of nuclear heat that was waiting for someone who legit hurt Taz in a HOOK feud is wasted - a heel Ricky for example would have ate that up.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Darby bleeds AEW so it makes sense, I popped for him showing up.

I'd still prefer Bry-D not be in the match but ah well can't stop the man doing what he wants.

Oct 27, 2017
I thought continental classic rules had a 20 count
I believe it's RoH Pure rules which have the 20 count. Or at least they did when we had a random Pure title match on a fairly recent show.

I don't trust Darby to be healthy and this seems like a big mistake. He was wearing baggy pants to hide whatever leg support he's got. His mobility was obviously compromised. I'm sure he'll be able to dothe walk'n'fight of Anarchy in the Arena but I don't like wrestlers coming back early from being hurt just to do the promoter a favour.

Still a genuine shock, but once I saw him moving my joy was diminished.

Rest of the show was very mixed. Lots of good stuff but sometimes it's tough to enjoy the good stuff when there's a lot of distracting stuff too.

Lockheartilly9799

Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 23, 2017
Does anybody else think that Darby might turn at DoN and join the Elite? Two of the pillars on one side...foundational to AEW being on the Elite. Seems like an enticing story to me.

ClassAndFear

Oct 30, 2017
"That's a good threat" 😄
I love heel Okada. The awkwardness is just so endearing.

Does anybody else think that Darby might turn at DoN and join the Elite? Two of the pillars on one side...foundational to AEW being on the Elite. Seems like an enticing story to me.
I was wondering towards the end of the Sting run if he must get bored, his character hasn't changed in forever. Shifting to a maniac heel would do wonders for him. (He is not a good promo, he shouldn't say anything, just, I don't know, stick staples in his eyes or something.)

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if the Jericho bit would go over better if he was more a manager at this point and it was Bill who was holding the FTW belt. It feels like he's just not hitting anymore....and I actually don't think the Learning Tree is a terrible idea. It's just that, compared to the rest of AEW, Jericho doesn't really have matches that'll stack up to those the rest of the roster would have.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Jay White just getting overlooked by Darby after carrying his bat around this whole time.

So I'm hoping this match goes fucking bonkers and lots of heel factions interfere on behalf of the elite. Like I need team elite to call in all those favors they've been handingnoutntondestroy team aew so this turns into the story over the summer. They can bring in BC wardogs as well since that's who hurt Eddie.

something to keep an eye on: CyberFight (owner of NOAH, DDT & TJPW) just announced they have a new president, who made strengthening ties with <REDACTED> a priority

this may mean challenges to working with DDT/TJPW going ahead

Yeah luckily stadrom is working out great right now. Wonder what this means for stuff like all together and others.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if the Jericho bit would go over better if he was more a manager at this point and it was Bill who was holding the FTW belt. It feels like he's just not hitting anymore....and I actually don't think the Learning Tree is a terrible idea. It's just that, compared to the rest of AEW, Jericho doesn't really have matches that'll stack up to those the rest of the roster would have.
It does seem like it's barely an angle. Jericho has done basically nothing with it and we are already back to Jericho Hook.

Cookiedoh85

Oct 29, 2017
My guess is they know better than to put Jericho on PPV again so we'll get HOOK/Shibata at DON in the 'finals' of this FTW qualifier, HOOK/Jericho 2 at The Forum and that's where he gets his belt back and the HOOK/Shibata/Joe trio becomes a thing.

They're already pivoting away from Jericho and assuring viewers that HOOK will be out of the vortex shit soon by bringing the Joe/HOOK story back

I'm truly stumped as to why they've brought back a very clearly unfit Darby for the show when you have Daniel Garcia right there with absolutely nothing to do - he is literally their 'get the feeling' guy waving the flag for AEW. Seems like one of those no-brainers that they passed up just for the shock of 'holy shit Darby's back so soon!'