• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Tag division has been lackluster and it's not for the lack of talent. If MCMG join that just pushes Silver and Reynolds down the tag list.

i hope MCMG reform their trio with Jay Lethal.

Last edited:

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
MCMG's are a great get. Both are also great singles wrestlers so in the unfortunate situation that 1 were to get hurt they can still be featured on TV.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Tag division has been lackluster and it's not for the lack of talent. If MCMG join that just pushes Silver and Reynolds down the tag list.

i hope MCMG reform their trio with Jay Lethal.

The problem with the AEW tag division is there are too many stupid belts including two sets of trios belts and two sets of tag belts on the shows. The Gunns, The Acclaimed, Kings of the Black Throne and more have been out of the tag picture of entirely too long.

I think the last FTR run, Starks/Big Bill run and the Sting/Darby run were also sort of just things that happened which is a shame because that division absolutely COOKED for years. Swerve in our glory into the acclaimed into the ass boys into FTR taking the straps was hot fire.

These have been the title defenses since 2023:

Acclaimed vs JJ and Lethal - 2x (I actually liked this program fwiw)
Gunns vs Acclaimed - 2x (I actually liked this program)
Gunns vs Top Flight
Gunns vs FTR - title change
FTR vs JJ and Lethal (WTF)
FTR vs BCG - Ok, this fucking cooked and I dont know why the angle was dropped
FTR vs Brochachos - again great program
FTR vs Cage and Big Bill - why?
FTR vs Bucks at All in - COOKED
FTR vs Iron Savages
FTR vs Workhorseman
FTR vs Aussie Open
FTR vs Big Bill and Ricky
Big Bill and Ricky vs Yutes and Claudio (guess who at the pin)
Big Bill and Ricky vs Rush and Dralistico - Holy fuck this was a PPV match somehow
Big Bill and Ricky vs Le Sex Gods
Dary and Stinger vs Big Bill and Ricky
Darby and Stinger vs Bucks

You can see an absolute drop off post All In on the match quality. Many of the matches were clear winners vs thrown together team or team with an obvious person there to eat the pin.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
MCMG's are a great get. Both are also great singles wrestlers so in the unfortunate situation that 1 were to get hurt they can still be featured on TV.

They are also great backstage hands to help with producing matches. Its an absolute no brainer signing to me. It also gives the Bucks a fantastic program to move into after Dynasty.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
These have been the title defenses since 2023:

Acclaimed vs JJ and Lethal - 2x (I actually liked this program fwiw)
Gunns vs Acclaimed - 2x (I actually liked this program)
Gunns vs Top Flight
Gunns vs FTR - title change
FTR vs JJ and Lethal (WTF)
FTR vs BCG - Ok, this fucking cooked and I dont know why the angle was dropped
FTR vs Brochachos - again great program
FTR vs Cage and Big Bill - why?
FTR vs Bucks at All in - COOKED
FTR vs Iron Savages
FTR vs Workhorseman
FTR vs Aussie Open
FTR vs Big Bill and Ricky
Big Bill and Ricky vs Yutes and Claudio (guess who at the pin)
Big Bill and Ricky vs Rush and Dralistico - Holy fuck this was a PPV match somehow
Big Bill and Ricky vs Le Sex Gods
Dary and Stinger vs Big Bill and Ricky
Darby and Stinger vs Bucks

You can see an absolute drop off post All In on the match quality. Many of the matches were clear winners vs thrown together team or team with an obvious person there to eat the pin.

That was the four way ladder match that also had FTR and House of Black, that they threw together to make way for the bucks deciding not to challenge for the tag belts but put up their challenge in a match with the Golden Jets :/

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like people are not saying Acclaimed vs BCG on purpose now.

also here is a card.

View: https://x.com/AEW/status/1779879854676337031

That KazuchElite vs Penta/Garcia/Pac match is fucking crazy. Is Fenix still hurt? (I just assume he is always hurt at all times)

I hope Shibata is on this card, or at least gets on Collision this week. He's had a nice, consistent run on TV since his match with Danielson and I'd like to see it continue.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
That KazuchElite vs Penta/Garcia/Pac match is fucking crazy. Is Fenix still hurt? (I just assume he is always hurt at all times)

I hope Shibata is on this card, or at least gets on Collision this week. He's had a nice, consistent run on TV since his match with Danielson and I'd like to see it continue.

Yeah Fenix is hurt, but he's taking booking for May so he should be back soon.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I don't want to hear from Mercedes. I want her to just clothesline every possible suspect of her attack in a way that protects her injury. Anything but more talking.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I will not be watching tomorrow as I'll be driving down to NYC with my SO for a few days to celebrate our 20th anniversary.

Yes I'm old!

We will be back on Saturday though and will absolutely be tuning in for the PPV this weekend.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
I will say, I'm a little bored by another FTR vs. Young Bucks match, even though the Bucks are heels now. They should have waited another year before they brought it back.

Vacated titles are such a good opportunity to give an underserved tagteam like Top Flight a dynamic run with the belts. Instead we get the question of which of these teams is going to be the first three-time tag belt winners and I'm not terribly interested in that question.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Having Mercedes debut when she wasn't medically cleared was a choice.

TK - just put on fucking bangers and spend 2 minutes making the banger make sense.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
I will not be watching tomorrow as I'll be driving down to NYC with my SO for a few days to celebrate our 20th anniversary.

Yes I'm old!

We will be back on Saturday though and will absolutely be tuning in for the PPV this weekend.

Happy anniversary, friend! Hope y'all have an amazing time! ❤️

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking that AEW got an upgrade by letting The Hardys go (whenever Jeff's deal runs out or TK grants him a release) and replacing them with MCMG.

And unless Mone still isn't cleared to wrestle, there is zero reason she shouldn't be in a match for Dynasty. Hell, she could debut on Dynamite against Statlander or something. I just don't care about anymore promos from her. This ain't [REDACTED]. I don't want endless promos from a new wrestler.

Annie85x

Mar 12, 2020
I'm thinking that AEW got an upgrade by letting The Hardys go (whenever Jeff's deal runs out or TK grants him a release) and replacing them with MCMG.

And unless Mone still isn't cleared to wrestle, there is zero reason she shouldn't be in a match for Dynasty. Hell, she could debut on Dynamite against Statlander or something. I just don't care about anymore promos from her. This ain't [REDACTED]. I don't want endless promos from a new wrestler.

1000% on both points. The debut was cool but since then pretty much everything Mercedes has done has been pretty terrible imo. If she isn't cleared yet it would have made sense to just hold off a month before her debut.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Re: Mone debut, they probably did it as early as they did because that was the only time they could get the space in Boston. Otherwise, they should've did it after Dynasty.

I will say, I'm a little bored by another FTR vs. Young Bucks match, even though the Bucks are heels now. They should have waited another year before they brought it back.

Vacated titles are such a good opportunity to give an underserved tagteam like Top Flight a dynamic run with the belts. Instead we get the question of which of these teams is going to be the first three-time tag belt winners and I'm not terribly interested in that question.
I can understand not being excited over Bucks vs FTR again, but it's a guaranteed good match for a ppv. 🤷‍♂️

I think the long-term goal is to restore the tag-team division back to what it was and the thinking is the heel Bucks with the belt will rejuvenate it. Then they'll pass it on to MCMG, Aussie Open, or whomever.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
I love how many women's segments there were on Collision last week. They need to keep the momentum going heading into the PPV.

On Dynamite a paranoid Mercedes Mone needs 2-3 short segments walking around backstage accusing everyone of attacking her.

Then on Collision they need a massive brawl which is a staple of men's division booking. Run Anna & AZM vs Mariah & Mina. At the end of the match Deonna jumps the barricade to attack Toni on commentary. Mariah goes to help but Mina stops her only for Anna & AZM to attack them. Meanwhile Rosa runs out to beat the crap out of Deonna & Toni.

Deeb needs to start recruiting after Dynasty. Aminata, Anna & Tay would be a good fit. She could also be the default stable for visiting foreign talent who aren't part of a storyline (like EmpressNexusVenus take in gaijans in Stardom).

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Hear me out: Jack Perry should show up with the House of Torture and ruin the tag title match by beating everyone down. And his reasoning should be because it's clear since All In that everyone with any authority in AEW has it out for him. He can argue he had more matches than anyone in AEW, he was well-liked, played nice, and then AEW screwed him. Essentially he was a model worker, and then got locked out for 9 months for no reason, and watched the EVPs gear up to face the best friends of the producer who assaulted him for the tag titles for the billionth time.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Hilarious how the goat Schiavone explained his stance again on the footage and debunked any of the BS people made up about his reaction on Dynamite - turns out it's just what everyone with a brain already assumed (he was in character as hating the Bucks, the people who hassle him/threatened him physically etc etc)... yet all the trolls still just say "TK probably forced him to say that."

You literally can't win with these people lol.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Hilarious how the goat Schiavone explained his stance again on the footage and debunked any of the BS people made up about his reaction on Dynamite - turns out it's just what everyone with a brain already assumed (he was in character as hating the Bucks, the people who hassle him/threatened him physically etc etc)... yet all the trolls still just say "TK probably forced him to say that."

Dave Meltzer covering wrestling for as long as he has and still getting worked is embarrassing.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
It's Wednesday. You know what that means. 💜💜🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017

Sleepy Tony Khan can't control his own employees.

Also Tony Khan is a manipulative mob boss like character who forces people to do exactly what he wants them to.

Gee, I wonder where I've heard that double speak before.

OP
OP
cjelly

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017

View: https://x.com/wonf4w/status/1780630852751274077?s=46&t=SQMkr3tzywD7BuDccmOI8w

Khan said:

If Nikki Garcia ever wanted to come into AEW, I would be very interested in that. I think the world of her, I have so much respect for Nicole and Brie. They're like family to us because Bryan is like a part of my family, and that makes Brie and Nicole part of the family.

I have so much respect for both of them and if Nikki was interested in coming to AEW, we would love to have her here any time. That was so great to hear, it means the world. I just like both of them so much, I think they're really, really cool and really, really great stars that would add a lot to AEW if they ever wanted to come.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Can they keep up though? Non wrestling role would be fine. But in ring even Saraya hasn't been able to adapt well in aew.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Can they keep up though? Non wrestling role would be fine. But in ring even Saraya hasn't been able to adapt well in aew.

oh heavens no, they were the drizzling shits in the ring back then, and now they are 10 years older and haven't worked at all during that time

it would be 100% a favor to Danielson, which... whatever. Danielson has more than earned the right to hire his friends/family anywhere he works on the planet earth

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
IMG_5714.webp
oh heavens no, they were the drizzling shits in the ring back then, and now they are 10 years older and haven't worked at all during that time

it would be 100% a favor to Danielson, which... whatever. Danielson has more than earned the right to hire his friends/family anywhere he works on the planet earth
I'd mark out for the Nikkisawa Elbow ngl.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017

I expected them to come in during the Outsiders gimmic honestly. They would be good for a pop but thats it

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I just got finished with Collision, and that was a good two hours of wrestling. Main event was great, but I kind of wished they would stop jobbing out the Don Callis gang. AZM/Toni Storm match was fucking great.

I just hope we can go this week without hearing the "P-word".

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
GLYP__ZXsAA_qMr

GLYiLH6W0AAl5D_

Gonna need OC to lose here even if it's due to Trent interference.

Tonight looks loaded. Really looking forward to it.