• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Better show than last week, off the strength of the main event. Overrun killed my DVR again. I do hope Sweve wins at the ppv though.

Jericho stuff is painful.

Agree with the sign in the crowd, Heel Hangman was entertaining before he got suspended or injured.
On the injury tip, wonder who will return 1st. Britt Baker or Jamie Hayter

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
btw AEW has already had an event in Oklahoma (Tulsa, feb 21st) since they got the "warning" from the athletic commission, and they did not have Nyla on that show (we of course do not know if she would have been anyway)
realistically they probably had that arena booked well in advance and all the travel etc. sorted so pulling out wasn't an option, but I'm not sure they are looking to take some stand either, unfortunately.

ClassAndFear

Oct 30, 2017
Bryan D is my favourite wrestler of the modern age, and has certainly been the best wrestler in the world, at points (him and Kenny trading for a little while, in my mind); but I have little doubt that the best right now is Ospreay. The guy's incredible. Every match is somehow exceptional.

Oh, and the Jericho thing is too much now. He's not getting any reaction at all. That segment was so damp, and nobody wants to watch it. I like him for what he was, and he's done great stuff, but there's a time, and it's that time. Conversely, Copeland's so rejuvenated, and it's great to see.

Annie85x

Mar 12, 2020
So much better this week. The heinous crime of going to an advert during Bruvs entrance will not be forgiven though!

That Hook/Jericho match definitely should be on the pre show though. Kinda hope the Acclaimed win too so Jay do something more worthwhile.

ClassAndFear

Oct 30, 2017
So much better this week. The heinous crime of going to an advert during Bruvs entrance will not be forgiven though!

That Hook/Jericho match definitely should be on the pre show though. Kinda hope the Acclaimed win too so Jay do something more worthwhile.
Yeah, Jay needs to get the fuck away from that scene. He's so much better and being totally underused. (He would be a good first challenger for Swerve...)

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
After Shane's loss to Cassidy, Schiavone said STP has become a force in AEW. The lying has to stop.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
It's Thursday. You know what that means. ❤️🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

So happy for RANGELO! 😭🥰

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Good go-home Dynamite.

-Mox is the beating heart of AEW. Very strong "rah rah" promo. ❤️
-Best Mercedes promo she's cut so far.
-A shame about Julia's injury. Hope she heals up 100%. Fine match anyway. Like how they mixed stories at the end.
-I'm into burned out delusional mentor Jericho. All of those catchphrases. 😅 Don't make this HOOK program too long if you can't keep it interesting, though.
-OC and Shane was good. This is the most interesting Trent has been in AEW.
-Trios Match was good. LOL @ Matt doing commentary during the break, and LOL @ them interrupting the FTR package backstage.
-Mariah vs. Deonna was fine. Toni Storm is great. This is the hottest Rosa has been in a minute. Very good last two on-screen appearances from her. Don't think she wins this weekend, but will be rooting for her.
-Claudio vs. Ospreay was very good. Like how they're spinning this story.
-Swerve vs. Joe felt like the most important thing on the show, as it should. 🔥 It's Swerve's time.

Last edited:

Annie85x

Mar 12, 2020
I really enjoyed the Elites shenanigans in that match, was a lot of fun.

Quite surprised Danielson is in that Bunkhouse Brawl on Saturday, hopefully he does nothing too wild and is 100% for Sunday.

Collision looks like it will be fun already though, expect that match and the Elite vs FTR/PAC will be pretty damn good.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad Rosa is getting reheated because I think Rosa vs Britt is an actual money match for All In that the crowd would be losing their shit over. Hoping those two are healthy and in a good place to work together by then

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I don't know if FTR wasn't available and the match we got was good but I would have booked the FTR+ PAC match for dynamite as a go home.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
- The NJPW Champ is here. Mone is ticked off.
- Copeland & Willow vs Brody & Julia was solid. Not enough women's action but Julia's probably still recovering from injury. Mone backing down out of respect for Copeland was a nice touch.
- Joe talking crap about Swerve.
- Elite vs Garcia, Penta & PAC was good. Matthew with the play-by-play lol.
- Jericho Vortex segment was funny. Just don't drag the feud out.
- Mariah vs Deonna was solid. Rosa destroying Luther and giving Toni a makeover was great.
- Cassidy vs Taylor was solid. Vicious Trent.
- Ospreay vs Claudio was my MOTN. Giant swing counter popped me.
- Swerve stomping all the security was cool. Joe looking strong before he loses at Dynasty.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
Agree with the sign in the crowd, Heel Hangman was entertaining before he got suspended or injured.
He's on vacation. It was planned. Dude has a baby and wants to spend time with them.

Why in the FUCK is Jericho/Hook on the main card when Jay White is on the preshow
Because the Acclaimed are better at getting the crowd hot. And unless Jericho loses, his — at this point intentional — go away heat doesn't get people pumped to order a PPV, especially if he wins. Being on Zero Hour isn't a punishment.

In general, y'all seem pissed today.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Jericho will likely be the cool down match between Ospreay Danielson and the main event is my guess.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
JR has said on his podcast that he loves Nyla and is extremely supportive of Trans folks.

That's one thing I love about wrestling is how inclusive people are. Even MAGA-ass Chris "My wife was at January 6" Jericho has been super supportive of Nyla and other Trans wrestlers.

There are a lot of people who are supportive of people they know on the micro level and are shit on the macro level.

Jr mostly seems to be mostly good on both and Jericho and dustin seems like a very good friends with people and sort of shitty takes on big picture stuff

Then there are other folks who are very verbally supportive on the macro level and shit on the people in front of them level. :cough: Pepsi Phil :cough:

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
Good show last night. I wish I was more emotional invested into some of the matches on Sunday, but still banger card.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I always knew ratings mattered the most.

The opening for Dynamite yesterday was a good summary for my AEW complaints. Moxley comes down to the ring looking like a bigger deal than Joe and Swerve, hyping up winning another company's belt that he isn't defending at Dynasty, and setting up Hobb's next loss after he loses at Collision for Dynamite next week. Similar to Dynasty, I also want to see that match. But like Mone calling for a match at Double or Nothing already, there is a general lack of hype in a lot of what's going on. Even something like Kyle O'Reilly vs Roderick, they had Roderick stand next to Kyle twice and then boom thats good enough, we need another match for the ppv card. And it should be a good match.

Last edited:

Drachen

May 3, 2021
I'm a little surprised Swerve vs Joe didn't end up with some kind of stipulation. With all the chain stuff, I thought we were heading towards a dog collar match or somethin'.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1781010008207151428/
Tony Khan said:
I don't think there should be discrimination against transgender wrestlers, or transgender people at all.

I absolutely stand by Nyla Rose. AEW stands by Nyla Rose, and all transgender people in wrestling.

I was really suprised by this after our show in December of 2023. It was not something I was expecting, and of course, I was disappointed by this commission's decision, and that warning.

Nyla is a great part of our history. She was the first transgender champion, ever. She's done a lot of work with the AEW Together community.

She is a great person, with a great heart. I personally have nominated Nyla to TBS as the best social media presence for a number of years.

The first Dynamite, the first shows... look at everything Nyla has accomplished. To just put that label on her, that's not right. She's so much more than that.

I hope everybody can look at Nyla. She's a great person, and she deserves these chances. The AEW locker room has people from all backgrounds, all beliefs.

If the AEW locker room can embrace Nyla, I'd hope the Oklahoma State Commission can as well.

Nyla will be a special guest host for the PPP (dot) com AEW Dynasty PPV event, and we're very excited that she accepted the invitation.

I think the world of Nyla Rose.

Drachen

May 3, 2021
I always knew ratings mattered the most.

The opening for Dynamite yesterday was a good summary for my AEW complaints. Moxley comes down to the ring looking like a bigger deal than Joe and Swerve, hyping up winning another company's belt that he isn't defending at Dynasty, and setting up Hobb's next loss after he loses at Collision for Dynamite next week. Similar to Dynasty, I also want to see that match. But like Mone calling for a match at Double or Nothing already, there is a general lack of hype in a lot of what's going on. Even something like Kyle O'Reilly vs Roderick, they had Roderick stand next to Kyle twice and then boom thats good enough, we need another match for the ppv card. And it should be a good match.
Yeah this KOR and Strong story needed way more than the absolute bare minimum they did. How do you bring KOR back after so long and give him such a limp story? :(

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
Great Dynamite last night.

• Loved everything Swerve and Joe. Sunday has a big fight feel and I'm so ready to see Swerve belted up.
  • After a sloppy start, the intermingling of the Edge/HOB and the Willowverse with Mercedes was some much-needed positive momentum for everyone involved. Glad she dropped the little nugget about "getting healthy".
  • Super fun trios match with the Elite vs Pac and Friends - killer ending. Poor Danny taking the L, but there are worse people to take L's from than Okada.
  • Trent vs Orange got more interesting
  • BCG vs. The Acclaimed has an end date which I"m excited about. I actually would mega belt-up BCG and then move them on to a feud that moves Jay back up the card. Maybe a Trios feud with the new Elite or BCC?
  • Also, mega-congrats to Ruby. I had no idea her and Cool-Hand were a shoot couple. Makes that storyline even better!

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017

*Reads comments*.

It didn't.

"This is worth 2 billion?", shows empty seats on hard cam side.

*made 250 million in revenue in 2023* "their payroll is bigger than their revenue lmao"

"How is it worth 2 billion with a HQ in the jags stadium and they have no performance center lmao".

It won't stop, period. AEW needs a certain number of viewers or it's failing. It needs a certain number of tickets sold or it's failing. It needs this, that, and the third or it's failing. Every indicator that it's doing good and its partners are really happy with the deal? 3,000 SEATS LMAO

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Dw0X4c6.png

GMFWrss.png

Wallets at the ready.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed Dynamite last night. Only low that sticks out is the Jericho segment, it just doesn't work for me but I know which match is the perfect one to take a break for. Claudio and will absolutely fucked, the main event promo pumped me and loved the super hero landing

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
while the AEW figure lines up with stuff Meltzer has spoken about before, I would take the Forbes article itself with a gigantic grain of salt.

AEW's revenue is almost certainly not 250 million per year and I've seen plenty skepticism about the other MMA promotions figures, ONE in particular.