• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bloodyroarx

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I actually have changed my stance on Will winning the title at ALL IN

he doesn't need it and you would be kneecapping Swerve as a transitional champ, Will can have it next year, just put Bruv in a white hot feud for ALL IN and let Swerve cook for a nice decent run

SethSeries

Dec 16, 2018

he doesn't need it and you would be kneecapping Swerve as a transitional champ, Will can have it next year, just put Bruv in a white hot feud for ALL IN and let Swerve cook for a nice decent run

Said it before, I think you put Osprey on a crash course for the TNT Belt. He has shown himself to be the workhorse champion that is associated with that belt and you can build a program off a grizzled Copeland fighting to keep his last big singles run alive before he starts the Odyssey with Christian.

Do that, merge the International and Continental Crown. Then we're cooking with fire.

sd_falter

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I feel like Ospreay gets the title in 2025. It seems like AEW's booking style is to have the face fail and have a crisis of conscience the first time they go for the world title. Swerve's run has been building for a decent amount of time I just can't see him being a transitional champ, especially when Swerve's eventual championship run is a historical milestone for AEW.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017

You could have an Ospreay vs Okada match for the Continental Championship at All In. MJF should be back by then, and I have to imagine he's going to be going for Swerve's title once he's done with Adam Cole (whenever he gets back).

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
You could have an Ospreay vs Okada match for the Continental Championship at All In. MJF should be back by then, and I have to imagine he's going to be going for Swerve's title once he's done with Adam Cole (whenever he gets back).

Garcia should take it off Okada. He needs that rub way more. Or give Malakai the TNT title and have Garcia win it off him. Garcia needs a title and big win this year unless they plan for him to win the C2.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
Is the title on the line? I almost want to see Jericho with thr FTW title treating it like it's the AEW Championship with salty Taz throwing shade on commentary.

I thought they said it was when they announced the match
Yeah the match graphic last night said it was for the FTW Championship.

chris-jericho-will-challenge-hook-for-the-ftw-championship-v0-wjn6ee260avc1.jpeg

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
I think if Swerve wins he is kind of doomed to be the seat warmer until Ospreay unless they actually do something inspired and have some heel take it from Swerve in a shocking fashion.

Swerve has done a good job, but the timing absolutely was not on his side this year and I think trying to divert from or delay the logical thing (which will probably also be the biggest driver for business) in the coronation of Ospreay at Wembley come August will just be a bad idea.

And if we build to that, I'd rather have an undefeated Samoa Joe hold the title until then.

Swerve should beat Joe and Ospreay to legitimize him as a top star. Ospreay can go back to chasing and win the title later.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Then need to get the International title off Strong and give it to someone for Ospreay to take it off of so he can stay away from Swerve for now.

I would have said Mox for this a few weeks ago but that doesn't work now.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I will say that I think it's time AEW starts pushing some different people. To be honest, I've gotten a little tired of seeing OC overcoming and winning damn near every match. Same with the BCC teaming against nearly anyone or most singles matches with Mox or Claudio. I know that Garcia's been great, but why is he eating pins? Why is Hobbs getting fed to Mox again? Why did we have a tag tournament just to have another Bucks vs FTR match instead of giving someone else a chance to shine? As tired as I am of Jericho, he's always up for putting younger talent over. Same with Danielson. I can appreciate that. Hell, even Omega put over Takeshita before he left to get surgery.

Surprisingly, it's been the women's division that's been less predictable as of late and it's been much more enjoyable. Especially now that you add some of the Stardom ladies into the mix, and not knowing how this Mercedes storyline is going to go. Plus Britt and Jamie will be back soon enough.

It's a small nitpick, but it's one that I wish AEW would recognize and address.

Last edited:

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
Hear me out

Build to Will leaving the Don Callis Family at All In (the blow off match to end the feud). Have him face Takeshita one more time (yes Take has to lose but still...). You then start Ospreay's build to the title, possibly off a heel MJF

Run Ospreay vs Omega at All In 2025 for the title. One final match. That or have him win the title in 2025 at All In.

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
Hear me out

Build to Will leaving the Don Callis Family at All In (the blow off match to end the feud). Have him face Takeshita one more time (yes Take has to lose but still...). You then start Ospreay's build to the title, possibly off a heel MJF

Run Ospreay vs Omega at All In 2025 for the title. One final match. That or have him win the title in 2025 at All In.
Exactly what I've been thinking, they're obviously building to him splitting from Callis and you can build that story until All In and then have an insane Ospreay vs Takeshita match as the blow off there. Two out of three falls or an Iron Man match or something like that, would be an insane match. As someone from England attending the show I understand the temptation to crown Ospreay there and it would be massive but I feel like you could save that for next year and I really want Swerve to have a longer run with the title.

Annie85x

Mar 12, 2020
I think Tony will find it hard to resist the big crowning hometown moment, but I definitely agree with the above sentiments. Especially another Takeshita match 🥵🤤

Will is hugely over, but Swerve is so damn hot it feels like he should have a longer run than between now and All In.

Could easily run a Swerve/Will program between now and DoN but have the Family screw him over or something at DoN leading into a bigger fued over next few months culminating in the aforementioned Takeshita rematch.
Chuck in a reunited United Empire against DCF along the way too.

If there was a bit more time they could build a DCF/UE fued to include Anarchy In The Arena, but dunno if that'd be a bit soon, unless they boot Will out on Sunday and speed run to that.

Swerves run could be amazing, and hopefully it gets time to properly cook.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
No Rampage to skip tonight, it's on after Collision tomorrow. Probably should skip both but might watch Collision. But might not. Do I need to see more go home show trios and tags?

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I bought my friend a ticket, who's a [redacted] die hard. Really interested to see his reaction when he sees how awesome AEW in ring action is. He just beat kidney cancer, and its his first time out and about. Going to be fun celebrating this with him.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Dynasty Hype Breakdown

Top Hype:

None?

Hype:

Swerve vs Joe - big match, but Hangman taking a break switched over to Swerve talking about karma and trying to ease more into the face here. Joe is Joe, every feud involves him trying to kill you, but I like both of these two.

Ospreay vs Danielson - in ring hype. Ospreay going through all of team don to get here didnt really do much and the bcc are a bore as a faction.

Okada vs Pac - in ring hype.

Bucks vs FTR - ladder hype. I don't care about this feud at all or Perry possibly returning

Some Hype:

Toni vs Thunder Rosa - Thunder Rosa's return hasn't been great and Deonna has been a distraction to the build.

O'Reilly vs Strong - in ring hype, rushed match for the ppv

No Hype Lives Here:

Jericho vs Hook - they shouldn't have had the long squash already if they were going to poorly build to a ppv match

Willow vs Julia - Not a Julia fan and I presume Mercedes gets involved to justify the promos and already calling for the title shot at double or nothing.

Trios title match - end the trios division.

Copeland trios vs HoB - end the trios division and let Malakai and Buddy go if they want to.

Definitely a wrestle card.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
I bought my friend a ticket, who's a [redacted] die hard. Really interested to see his reaction when he sees how awesome AEW in ring action is. He just beat kidney cancer, and its his first time out and about. Going to be fun celebrating this with him.

You're an awesome friend, BFIB. Hope you both have fun and congratulations on your friend beating cancer, fuck yeah

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Hear me out

Jaded heel MJF talking about how the people will forget you the second you're not killing yourself for them and Will saying MJF couldn't wait to leave while he couldn't wait to be here and compete with the best and whether people love him or hate him he does it for the love of competing sounds fairly easy.

I'd love after All In we don't get some people for the rest of the year, essentially. It's Bryan's last stop as a full time wrestler, seems like a good time to "reset" and start pushing those mid-card guys,

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
That's awesome, congrats to him!

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
I unfortunately do fear they'll probably push for the Will win at All In. Remember that they hot shotted Saraya into a win at All In with what turned out to be a nothing reign. Worse is that they gave Shida the title like 2 weeks prior to that whereas they could have had Saraya beat Storm after building to a split of the Outcasts. It was just awful booking to get a pop in London.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Dynasty Hype Breakdown

Stealing this.

Top Hype:

Swerve vs Joe - Joe and Swerve has been great. Really wish the blood contract was the go home show because that's a lasting visual that immediately is getting overshadowed by the stomp->hero landing. Still, this will deliver in the ring and emotionally as it's Swerve's time.

Hype:

Ospreay vs Danielson - Wish Will and Bryan got a joint interview to up the intensity of the match. I know it's going to deliver in ring but feels like there should be a bit more meat on the bones and not just "Dream Match #4".

Bucks vs FTR - Hurt by the tape, helps if Perry returns and that was the purpose of it. Love current Bucks, Bucks/FTR always delivers, ladder just adds to it.

Okada vs Pac - In it purely for the match but the build has been fine. Wish it got a bit more time but they've done a lot with very little.

Toni vs Thunder Rosa - Rosa's promo and performance this past week sold me. Coupled with Toni recently having a BANGER match, this is slowly crept up.

Some Hype:

Willow vs Julia - The build has been understandable but messy. Wouldn't be shocked with either winning but Julia is fairly directionless right now, thanks in part to her injury. If Julia is healthy enough the Pounce is going to be INSANE. Willow should win and start the build to the Stat turn.

Low Hype:

Trios title match - BCG have been fantastic and the only reason this hasn't been a dumpster feud. Acclaim simply are not holding up their end of the bargain. Have Acclaimed win, make it the RoH titles, and send them to RoH. Any other outcome should be a BCG win.

O'Reilly vs Strong - Wish this had 3 more weeks of build, feel like it could be strong. If this is just part 1 of it with Strong cheating to win it can still be salvaged but this should be much higher.

No Hype Lives Here:

Copeland trios vs HoB - Three titles held up with the directionless HoB. If it builds to Malakai and Cope for the title then fine, otherwise this is a complete waste. Has the potential to be good in ring, I just don't care about it at all.

Jericho vs Hook - There is nothing here. A void. A Jericho turn is coming and I couldn't care less. There is nothing they can say or do to make me excited for this.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I unfortunately do fear they'll probably push for the Will win at All In. Remember that they hot shotted Saraya into a win at All In with what turned out to be a nothing reign. Worse is that they gave Shida the title like 2 weeks prior to that whereas they could have had Saraya beat Storm after building to a split of the Outcasts. It was just awful booking to get a pop in London.

My vote goes to Okada vs Ospreay for CC at All In. Have a story line play out where Will is at odds with one or more of the Elite and make it increasingly volatile between them. Have Will win a match that awards a title shot of winner's choosing. Will then chooses to challenge Okada for the title and let the Billy goat win there. Safe but protects Swerve for the time being.

Or have him battle Swerve and then lose due to Don Callis Family intervention. Protects both.

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
My vote goes to Okada vs Ospreay for CC at All In. Have a story line play out where Will is at odds with one or more of the Elite and make it increasingly volatile between them. Have Will win a match that awards a title shot of winner's choosing. Will then chooses to challenge Okada for the title and let the Billy goat win there. Safe but protects Swerve for the time being.

Or have him battle Swerve and then lose due to Don Callis Family intervention. Protects both.

Okada Ospreay would be a money program. 2 of your hottest signings going at it at the biggest show of the year. Question is if you can have either of them lose.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017

You want to add some spice to storylines, here's my alternative take:

Our beloved EVPs, desiring to tip the scales to the balance of the Elite and add some pizazz to the Continental Classic going forward, borrow a small element from TNA. The Continental Championship, like the X Division Championship, will have a champion's option before the Classic: forfeit the title and your spot in the round robin tournament and receive a guaranteed world title shot at Worlds End.

(The very clear implication here in kayfabe is they're rigging the game for Okada to cash in his shot at Worlds End and become World Champion)

Except it blows up in their face when Ospreay challenges Okada for the Continental Championship at All In and beats him, then cashes in the belt and beats Swerve at Worlds End.

But more importantly, it elevates the C2 and the belt into a similar role that the G1 plays in New Japan and you can use it, like the X Division, to elevate new talent. Right now, it's just a belt. But it could be so much more as a storytelling device.