• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
thinking about the angle further, Jack's really the babyface if you take this into kayfabe

got suspended for getting his ass beat and came back to beat up his billionaire boss

if anything, if I were him, I would get mad at the bucks too for not doing more to get me back earlier

and if anyone is fighting to help avenge or defend Khan, they're automatic heels for me. never rooting for a billionaire's side to win

Oct 27, 2017
You're all being tricked into liking Jericho again just as I predicted.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, I've always been a fan of Jericho's on screen work even at his lowest moments.

I just want people who hated him a week ago but now enjoy the Learning Tree to reflect on how easily he can manipulate his detractors. Dude truly is a master.

I don't know what I think of last night's Dynamite. It was a weird episode. Definitely kept my attention.

Production was obviously off, even on the Fite feed I watched this evening the audio was echoing slightly when people were back stage. It wasn't as bad as people here were reporting for the TBS feed but it was noticeable.

The camera work seemed to be doing everything in their power to not show the audience for the whole episode... until Moxley came out. Then they did show the crowd and you could see there were lots of people there on the hard camera side. I don't know why they seemed like they were trying to hide it earlier but some of the camera angles and movement were distracting.

Very happy to see a focus on women for a large part of the show. Serena Deeb looked serious and had more presence than anyone else on the show. I'm looking forward to seeing her and Toni's match.

Really sad to see Hobbs go down with that knee injury. I think Hobbs is the kind of guy who could have a Samoa Joe style monster short run as Champion. Maybe one day.

DarkOxygen

Oct 30, 2017
Shamelessly stolen from wreddit, be sure to expand the whole thing:

View: https://twitter.com/AIRGold_/status/1783466026643939799

Outside of the first two years in AEW, where they had the first 4 Champions mapped out and told Hangman's Tale, this story with The New ELITE is the most thought out story in a long time! Let me explain:

- Nov 18 = Young Bucks lose at Full Gear to Golden Jets and leave pissed off at Kenny
- January 10 = Young Bucks returned to AEW and proceed to assume the status of serious EVPs
- January 14 = Jack Perry appears in NJPW, rips up his AEW contract, and assumes the moniker of 'Scapegoat'
- March 6 = EVPs suspend Hangman and fire Kenny Omega
- March 6 = Okada makes his AEW debut and joins The Elite
- the dirt sheets all report that Jack Perry has heat with Tony Khan, then Jack presented his own side of the story, so we're all led to believe that both TK and Jack are adversarial, that there are real, unresolved issues!
- April 6 = Jack pays tribute to the Young Bucks and Okada by doing all their moves in a match in Japan
- Young Bucks and Jack exchange pleasentries on Instagram, comment on each other's pictures, showing that the EVPs have a soft spot for Jack
- April 10 = Young Bucks air the All In footage
- April 12 = Jack wrestles in Chicago
- Kenny says on stream that his favourite storyline in AEW is the one of him getting fired
- Kenny also said on stream that he doesn't think he should be EVP because his method for resolving issues is fighting, and not everyone likes to do that
- April 21 = Jack returns at Dynasty and helps the Young Bucks win the Tag Team Championships, throws up the Elite sign
- April 24 = Jack returns to #AEWDyamite, gets reinstated, attacks Tony, and The Elite take TK out
- NFL write an article about the whole angle
- May 1 = Kenny Omega returns to AEW for the first time since December 13

So from November to now (even All In), you can connect every, single thing that's happened to this one storyline. AEW has done a masterful job of blending kayfabe and reality. Long term storytelling that has gotten mainstream attention, and set AEW up for a huge summer!

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021
I'm also among those who loved the sudden death battle royal. Even Tony Schiavone was impressed! I think (hope) AEW have found their signature battle royal format, and would love to see this blown up to the scale of 30+ wrestlers.

Also pleased to hear the parking lot brawl is pretaped, they've done great stuff with the editing on those in the past.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
You're all being tricked into liking Jericho again just as I predicted.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, I've always been a fan of Jericho's on screen work even at his lowest moments.

I just want people who hated him a week ago but now enjoy the Learning Tree to reflect on how easily he can manipulate his detractors. Dude truly is a master.

I don't know what I think of last night's Dynamite. It was a weird episode. Definitely kept my attention.

Production was obviously off, even on the Fite feed I watched this evening the audio was echoing slightly when people were back stage. It wasn't as bad as people here were reporting for the TBS feed but it was noticeable.

The camera work seemed to be doing everything in their power to not show the audience for the whole episode... until Moxley came out. Then they did show the crowd and you could see there were lots of people there on the hard camera side. I don't know why they seemed like they were trying to hide it earlier but some of the camera angles and movement were distracting.

Very happy to see a focus on women for a large part of the show. Serena Deeb looked serious and had more presence than anyone else on the show. I'm looking forward to seeing her and Toni's match.

Really sad to see Hobbs go down with that knee injury. I think Hobbs is the kind of guy who could have a Samoa Joe style monster short run as Champion. Maybe one day.
I was ready to like the new character but it looks like he's just making another faction again

Bacalao

Oct 27, 2017
Poor Kenny's gonna come back only to get Rainmaker'd to hell and be stripped of his EVP title. Kazuchika Okada will then be named the new EVP of AEW.

Book it Tony Bucks!

I'm also among those who loved the sudden death battle royal. Even Tony Schiavone was impressed! I think (hope) AEW have found their signature battle royal format, and would love to see this blown up to the scale of 30+ wrestlers.

It's fun because it basically turns into a Reverse Rumble. You wouldn't want to draw a high number because the match could be over before you even get into the ring so drawing #1 would actually be seen as an advantage. #1 and #2 in the beginning turns into a fast paced scramble with the 2 trying to go for flash pins or hitting their finishers as quickly as possible before the match turns into a clusterfuck.

Hope it's here to stay as well.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I was ready to like the new character but it looks like he's just making another faction again
Ye, guy is too focused on trying to remake the Inner Circle incredible momentum but he needs to move away from that in a unique way. I understand he is an old wrestler and his in ring ability is... not as good as before, so beign part of a faction is the best way for him to work in major stories, but he needs to rethink not being the leader or do something more innovative. I think the Learning Tree thing could work ... but he needs to act more as a manager than a wrestler then, have a different role than yet another Inner Circle.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Is it now safe to say that releasing the footage was the right call? It led to Jack's return and feeling like a bigger deal than he ever has, the show got a bump in ratings the week they released it and even the Punk chants have been shut down whenever some fans try to get them started.

Carny af? Sure. But the trick is weaponizing the carn to your favor and I think they've def done that.

The thing about it is this isn't a black and white/right and wrong situation. Obviously I don't think the plan ever was to show the footage, the signs were there that Bucks and Jack Perry were referencing each other for weeks. Then the interview happened and most of all, it was going to affect Jack big time. So Tony Khan decided to show the footage not to hurt Punk like others thought but to spin it around and have Jack be the focus of it all. And it worked out eventually like most things after a day or two of settling down. You still have most wrestling media whether in honest faith or bad faight divided about showing the footage but it was the smart move of Tony pivoting it towards Perry.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's fun because it basically turns into a Reverse Rumble. You wouldn't want to draw a high number because the match could be over before you even get into the ring so drawing #1 would actually be seen as an advantage. #1 and #2 in the beginning turns into a fast paced scramble with the 2 trying to go for flash pins or hitting their finishers as quickly as possible before the match turns into a clusterfuck.

Hope it's here to stay as well.

hope a future reverse rumble has a bit where like 10 pins are interrupted by 10 different people in a row. format is perfect for weird and desperate pin breakups

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Oh, YAY! I like GYV a lot.

GMBVy0WWkAADcdd
This is beautiful.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
That Tony Khan image is a photoshop (a tiny con, if you will) in case anyone was not aware.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Willow is going to retain her title against Mercedes thanks to SHOCKING interference from the lights-out-attacker herself, Dr. Britt Baker.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
These guys are great, still surprised WWE let them go.

They didn't. WWE wanted to keep them but GYV didn't want to so their contracts expired. They were tired of the awful booking they were receiving on NXT at the time.

Glad they are being introduced to AEW. They must be on a handshake deal with TNA so technically that makes them free agents.

I hope the same can happen to Mustafa Ali as I doubt he would have a contract with TNA as well.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't watched any wrestling in about 6 months. It's probably the longest stretch of time I haven't seen wrestling in 20 plus years. So much has been going on in my life with work and relationships and I've been so mentally tired. A couple weeks ago I quit my job and ended a toxic relationship. And last night I finally felt like sitting down and watching dynamite. And I'm glad I did. Actually felt excited and happy and when the show ended I was in such a good mood. I laughed and had a good time with my brother. Jericho's promo was great. Watching The Young bucks TK tony was hilarious. I needed that.

Hey friend! I'm sorry you've been going through a rough time but am glad to read that you're trending in a positive direction. Awesome that you got to share in some fun with your bro last night!

Take care! We're rooting for you. ❤️

Oct 27, 2017
Willow is going to retain her title against Mercedes thanks to SHOCKING interference from the lights-out-attacker herself, Dr. Britt Baker.
I would honestly love that even if it was just Statlander because it helps Willow get a longer reign, adds to the friction in Willow and Statlander's team, and gives them a potentially big feud coming out of it.

Scotty

Nov 11, 2023
Hey friend! I'm sorry you've been going through a rough time but am glad to read that you're trending in a positive direction. Awesome that you got to share in some fun with your bro last night!

Take care! We're rooting for you. ❤️

Thanks. I'm already looking forward to collision this weekend. And I need to go back and watch Danielson versus Osprey. My brother watched dynasty and told me it was one of the best matches he's ever seen.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
So did they rush the Strong vs O'Reilly match because they wanted to put the belt on Ospreay at DoN? I guess you could have Ospreay lose through interference and go back to O'Reilly but that's kinda lame.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Thanks. I'm already looking forward to collision this weekend. And I need to go back and watch Danielson versus Osprey. My brother watched dynasty and told me it was one of the best matches he's ever seen.
I don't want you to get overhyped so I'll put it in as mild terms as possible: it's one of the best matches anyone has ever seen!!!!!!!!

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017

With all due respect, your bro is underselling it. 😊

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
So did they rush the Strong vs O'Reilly match because they wanted to put the belt on Ospreay at DoN? I guess you could have Ospreay lose through interference and go back to O'Reilly but that's kinda lame.

In my opinion, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a one and done between these two and it was their call to have the match, making the build to the PPV match very rushed.

From what it sounds like, it's pretty much a miracle KOR is even wrestling period. As he stated, he almost lost his arm and that's not factoring in his neck issues and diabetes. I just think these two wanted to go full steam ahead while Kyle can go. And man it was one of my favorite matches on the Dynasty PPV.

Oct 27, 2017
Excalibre mentioned that the IWGP world title was merged from two other titles. I could search that legacy but I won't until I post this. Maybe AEW wants the International title on Ospreay so they can do a unification match with the world title at a later point.

I can see Tony Khan wanting to replicate RVD's 23 month run as ECW TV champion where it looked like they would unify that with the world title but RVD broke his leg.

Just an Idea.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
lol Grizzled Young Vets said they're wrestling The Acclaimed on Collision a couple hours ago so this must be trolling.
The EVPs just banned Caster from Collision. It is a hard decision but Caster decided to break a real glass ceiling and attack coworkers and that goes against the company rules.

Now without joking, Caster really needs to take some time off and heal cause man does it feel like he is spinning into conspiracy and way too much hard troll shit which... not good.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
What was Serena Deeb saying to the camera last night? That was not the night to do a a monologue to the camera without a mic to start up a new feud I think.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
What was Serena Deeb saying to the camera last night? That was not the night to do a a monologue to the camera without a mic to start up a new feud I think.

It was mostly dumb. "Im not gonna touch the title till I own it" was her angle on the "Hey I found your belt" feud setter upper/.

They'll at least cook in the ring.

Drachen

May 3, 2021
Yeah if I was a casual fan I would have turned it off the moment Serena Deeb was cutting a promo to the camera that I couldn't hear. I still have no idea what she said other than she was going after the women's championship at the end.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
audio issues
same time coast to coast
vs nba and nhl playoffs

good luck. they probably had 0 viewers from boston watching as they went up against both the bruins and celtics games.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
I didn't watch live because I tuned in to my normal west coast time only to find it had already recorded. I imagine a fair few people do watch it live that don't record it.