OakTree

Apr 5, 2024
Hmm, Brody had a good match vs Cope, KOR had a good match vs Cope, but when Buddy had a match with Cope..........
Comment Image

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
the joy of having top to bottom hoopers in the promotion. you throw on a random matchup, give them time to cook and you get a nice meal

OakTree

Apr 5, 2024
I really hope Malakai is motivated for this cage match. If he's not it's gonna fucking suck and be more depressing than anything else. I can't keep defending him through all this, lmao.

Adam Copeland should not be a better hooper than Malakai at age 50 but so far that's been the case.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope Malakai is motivated for this cage match. If he's not it's gonna fucking suck and be more depressing than anything else. I can't keep defending him through all this, lmao.

Adam Copeland should not be a better hooper than Malakai at age 50 but so far that's been the case.

If a mf is booked for a barbed wire steel cage and doesn't turn up then hes lost, period

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Anarchy in the Arena and Barbed Wire Steel Cage match on the same show is wild

leaning towards getting it. Skipped around for Collision, ended up watching the youtube clip for O'Reilly Copeland. People definitely seem to be liking the show here.

I can see the appeal of Dynamite being the main show and Collision/Rampage a three hour storyless utopia where Tony gets to pack the shows, but that's definitely not for me.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
If you only want to watch one match from tonight. Dynamite Kid vs Dax was the match of the night for me.

I only ever saw the Dynamite Kid vs Tiger Mask match years ago on youtube so I had no nostalgia for his uncle but the Kid wowed me and I'm shocked he didn't get the graphic immediately after the match.

Also the crowd went from seeming to not know what to make of him from the entrance to cheering this is awesome to straight up cheering Dynamite by the end of it

OakTree

Apr 5, 2024
Honestly a little depressed saying it because I really wanted him to do big things but I wouldn't be surprised if Malakai eating a pin from Copeland and Big Cope turning heel is Malakai getting written out of AEW.

Maybe he'll be surprising and actually come to Double or Nothing to hoop a bit before he leaves (because he clearly either wants out, doesn't want to do the job for anyone, or both), but he really hasn't been showing any motivation in anything lately save for his (BANGER) vignettes.

If either of them win by escaping the cage I'm taking the "Malakai Black refuses to get pinned clean" allegations as true, unfortunately.

SirThou

Oct 27, 2017
Just got home, amazing show. Danielson Coming out first, Ospreay being Ospreay, and Swerve appearance meant my voice was gone for the rest lol. Dynamite Kid got himself over well, DG too, and really glad to see Rosa back to form. Place was rockin for Cope Kyle.

Rampage was a great time too, was absolutely amazing seeing Pac, and having travelled from Victoria for this show, it was so much fun seeing Taya heeling it up and insulting us.

i stuck around to catch Athena's match, which was on second, and her opponent who was from here (Nicole something) really won me over. Unfortunately in the first match Rachel Ellering got injured and ended the match early, but was glad to see Queen Aminata, who hits so damn hard.

OP
OP
cjelly

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017

doing this on a New Japan show in front of 3k instead of your Saturday night TV show is certainly a choice.

There are also two storylines now (probably more) where the DoN match is against one person, but the other person is doing some weird side-feud with a different stable.

- Ospreay is fighting Roddy at DoN but is now in some weird feud with STP instead of UK.
- Swerve is fighting Christian at DoN but is now in some weird feud with the Embassy instead of the Patriarchy.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
It's Sunday. You know what that means. ❤️🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
doing this on a New Japan show in front of 3k instead of your Saturday night TV show is certainly a choice.

There are also two storylines now (probably more) where the DoN match is against one person, but the other person is doing some weird side-feud with a different stable.

- Ospreay is fighting Roddy at DoN but is now in some weird feud with STP instead of UK.
- Swerve is fighting Christian at DoN but is now in some weird feud with the Embassy instead of the Patriarchy.

Forbidden door is coming up. Having kids and a lot of the largely us based HoT get involved with Mox holding the NJPW belt is a good way to build FD into the elite takeover story with Jack being in both. A lot of these side feuds are very likely going to be tied into the elite and who is siding with them. I suspect over the summer it's going to be all heels vs all faces for control of aew in wembly

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Kingston bump is like watching nba players try to dodge photographers under the basket. There is no room for what they were doing.

AllezLesVert

Mar 30, 2024
That is one of the worst types of injuries, on a spot they absolutely should have known there wasn't enough room for a suplex. Sometimes freak accidents happen but this one was very preventable. I assume the intention is for the leg to hit the rail above the joint because when it hits below it's always going to jar your knee.

Last edited:

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
When Eddie was setting up the table and realized it wouldn't reach the guardrail without him moving the rails forward was the moment he should've said something and changed the spot, but you know it's Eddie so they still did it.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Aside from it being a cool surprise and further their storyline, the bucks and Perry also live close to that area, so it's an easy drop in for them to get there. There wasn't a need for them to be in Canada this weekend. And yes forbidden door coming too.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
If you only want to watch one match from tonight. Dynamite Kid vs Dax was the match of the night for me.

I only ever saw the Dynamite Kid vs Tiger Mask match years ago on youtube so I had no nostalgia for his uncle but the Kid wowed me and I'm shocked he didn't get the graphic immediately after the match.

Also the crowd went from seeming to not know what to make of him from the entrance to cheering this is awesome to straight up cheering Dynamite by the end of it
Hopefully they'll upload that match on YT.

jesus christ the eddie clip

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
What happened?

ghostmind

Oct 25, 2017
The Eddie situation was brought about by what seemed like poor planning for his match with Kidd. Weapons weren't placed where they were supposed to be under the ring, which meant for an overly long hunt by Kidd to find them, and then the table for this spot was too short for the distance between the ring and the guardrail, which really seemed to frustrate and piss off Eddie, so he forcibly pulled the rail closer to the edge of the ring so the table could fit.

Whomever set up the props for this match needs some disciplining.

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021
I won't go on about the spot, because wrestlers manufacture and escape unharmed from scary looking spots all the time. And they get injured in the most innocuous basic moves, all the time. It looks like madness to us, but that's true of a good 50% of wrestling.

Sincerely wishing Eddie the best of health. Hopefully its not serious.

Nov 5, 2017
I always felt like NJPW barricades are way too close to the ring. Here's an example of that. The other dude took out the entire table. Eddie took all the barricade with his legs. If they were to do that in AEW, there's a lot more room to work with. Hope Eddie is okay.

OakTree

Apr 5, 2024
Eddie has officially completed the King's Road journey by absolutely fucking destroying his knee on a dangerous bump.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
it was a wild bump to take and i don't think they properly thought about the barrier when they decided to do it. glad eddie wasn't hurt even worse.

AllezLesVert

Mar 30, 2024
They have to stop putting Dax into singles matches he's obviously going to lose. He's a great worker but if you're going to have him wrestle singles this often you need to make it believable by having him win some. His only singles win in AEW was against his own tag partner for christsakes.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Dax singles matches are for some reason like exhibition matches. I don't think you can take dax singles run seriously if ever.

stuff I heard from someone right next to me who downed no less than 5 bud lights during collision. i'm impressed not at the amount of alcohol, but whos buying that much bud light at a arena? pre-game, goddamnit.

"CM PUNK" (ofc)
"BRING OUT DANHAUSEN"
"I'VE BEEN WATCHING WRESTLING SINCE THE 80S" (i don't know why he yelled this out specifically??)
"CHELSEA GREEN IS MY FAVORITE WRESTLER" (during like, every single women's match)
"AEW USED TO BE HOT BUT IT'S COLD NOW"
"AEW NEEDS MORE VIDEO PACKAGES"
"WE'LL SEE HOW MUCH PEOPLE ARE ON THE HARD CAM SIDE"
"LET'S GO RENEGADE, WHOEVER YOU ARE"
"I DON'T KNOW WHO ANY OF THESE WRESTLERS ARE"
"I'm more of a WWE person but you know wrestling doesn't come here often"
"I WATCHED THIS GUY WHEN HE WAS EDGE" (???)
"there should be a wrestler named lightning linda. she should be her nemesis" (when watching thunder rosa)

i didn't think this stereotype existed in real life. i am all the more poorer for having actually encountered somebody like this.

on the other hand a guy brought his kid in and at one point this exchange occurred:

"daddy did he get hit in the pee-pee area"
"yes, he got hit in the pee-pee area."

so, you know, balanced out.

Last edited: