Collision
378,000 viewers (P2+)
P18-49 rating: 0.12

AEW Rampage on TBS
Sat, May. 11, 2024: 10:00 to 10:57 pm
(PREEMPTED AIRING)

324,000 viewers (P2+)
P18-49 rating: 0.11

Your shambles may vary. I prefer the Collision and Rampage three hour block over Rampage following Dynamite or on Friday night. Though I didn't watch it, I prefer it.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
If Mercedes doesn't win at DoN, then it's really going to take a while to recover from. Ruby Soho lost in her first main feud for the title, and never really recovered. But, I hate that it's Willow that's going to lose, because that means Willow was a transitional champion, which really sucks. Willow is a star in the making.
If Willow loses at DoN, but regains the title at All In, I think they could work a really hot program over the summer, and really make her a star. And my guess is that is what Mercedes would like to do.

Have Mercedes showcase her in-ring (and make up for lost time) by defending the belt regularly. If Stat (or someone else) helps Mercedes screw Willow at DoN, do some tag matches. Get a big Stardom crossover tag match at Forbidden Door.

OakTree

Apr 5, 2024
More general wrasslin' I guess, but I finally had a day off and was talking about Nash with the Sumo Boys I translate and that spiraled into me starting to make a a Deadlock Sync:
oK2Aa3u.png

More people need to appreciate that wild (and really good) episode of WCW Nitro that Kevin Nash wrote, lol

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
PWInsider saying not to expect any deal announcement tomorrow at the Warner upfronts and since I believe the internet, :/

Dune part 2 hits max next week though.

OP
OP
cjelly

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
PWInsider saying not to expect any deal announcement tomorrow at the Warner upfronts and since I believe the internet, :/

Dune part 2 hits max next week though.
They are still in the exclusivity window… and there is a 0% chance a deal is agreed in that window, because why wouldn't you want to see what else is out there?

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
They are still in the exclusivity window… and there is a 0% chance a deal is agreed in that window, because why wouldn't you want to see what else is out there?

From Tony interviews saying he'd take a little less to stay with Warner, I wouldn't have been surprised if he agreed to a deal close to what he was looking for within the exclusivity period, but yeah it makes sense not to as well.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I am more okay with this Jericho angle than I am with it involving Hook.

but I don't know about this Jericho angle.

Drachen

May 3, 2021
https://new.reddit.com/r/AEWOfficial/comments/1cs99dy/fightfuls_update_on_wbd_status/

As of Tuesday, PWInsider reported that it was believed that a new deal has not been reached, and while AEW is likely going to be mentioned at the WBD UpFronts, that a new deal isn't likely to be announced. However, after speaking with AEW and WBD sources, we've learned a lot more about the relationship.

We're told that the announcement of a new deal is expected to be kept very close to the vest and Summer or Fall could be a more likely announcement point. The exclusivity window between AEW and WBD continues into the summer, though we don't have a firm date on when that ends.

While we're not sure where it will be announced, there is a pilot for a new AEW-related program with WBD that was set to be announced for social channels this week. It was described as not being a reality series.

WBD sources that we spoke to had indicated that WBD had interest in adding AEW PPVs to the MAX slate for quite some time, and noted that the two sides have been in talks for quite some time about what a deal would look like, with some proposals being made as far back as last year. It was also noted to us that almost every deal that WBD does is with MAX in mind, and that at the time of AEW's last deal with WBD, there wasn't nearly the heavy focus that there is now on the platform.

We're told that if WBD does lose the rights to the NBA, they will be looking at reinvesting funds to maintain their position on cable, as they'll need to look at other properties to help attract viewers. Though we aren't sure if any of that is related to AEW or will affect it in any way.

Both sides were complimentary of one another and the process, based on those we spoke to.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
More general wrasslin' I guess, but I finally had a day off and was talking about Nash with the Sumo Boys I translate and that spiraled into me starting to make a a Deadlock Sync:
oK2Aa3u.png

More people need to appreciate that wild (and really good) episode of WCW Nitro that Kevin Nash wrote, lol

As someone who knows very little about retro wrestling but loves the podcast, these things are an absolute godsend for me. i've been hooked to them randomly as they get fed to me through youtube.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I just hope whatever happens it doesn't ruin FITE as that's ideal for us Brits

Otherwise it's ITV4 days later

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
It's Wednesday. You know what that means. 💜💜🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
oK2Aa3u.png

I can't unheard the Good Brothers' theme anymore as anything other than James' version.

AllezLesVert

Mar 30, 2024
If Willow loses at DoN, but regains the title at All In, I think they could work a really hot program over the summer, and really make her a star. And my guess is that is what Mercedes would like to do.

Have Mercedes showcase her in-ring (and make up for lost time) by defending the belt regularly. If Stat (or someone else) helps Mercedes screw Willow at DoN, do some tag matches. Get a big Stardom crossover tag match at Forbidden Door.

The problem here is Mercedes is much cooler now than she was the first week or who she was on TV. She doesn't have the star power to be losing to Willow right now. Much as I think Willow is a better talent than Mercedes in 2024 - certainly overall because Mercedes really struggles on promos - if they're going to do something with Mercedes she needs to win at DoN and probably do it by cheating to win and not having Willow get her win back for a long while, certainly longer than three months which would be the case with All In/Out.

I'd be looking at Mercedes v Saraya at All In because you can still present Saraya as a big deal there and they have such an obvious story they can tell for the match. You can make Willow with a clean win over Mercedes at just about any PPV. This is all assuming they get that Mercedes needs to properly turn heel at DoN and this weird tweener stuff has to end.

Last edited:

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
oK2Aa3u.png

Where can I watch this?

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
www.fightful.com

Ricky Starks On His AEW Absence: I Have No Answers, That Isn't Up To Me | Fightful News

Ricky Starks says things are not in his control.

"I have no answers. People ask me all the time, 'Well, why aren't you…' I don't know. I have no clue. That isn't up to me. It does suck, obviously, to not be on TV, but the support in people online and people sending me messages is very, very sweet and endearing, and very encouraging, from that standpoint,"

Starks was also asked about his contract status. He laughed, and when asked again, he noted that there was nothing he could say. Starks stated that he thought that some things should be kept to the heart.

"[Laughs] No. Because some things should just be kept to the heart, and I see all the time, reports of this person and this person. It's like, when am I gonna just have something for myself? When can I have something just for me to know and go from there?" Starks said.

I mean it's been painfully obvious for about two years that he's going to WWE the second his contract is up so I think it's pretty obvious why he isn't being used on TV.

Drachen

May 3, 2021
Ricky talked about how he texts Cody constantly because he has "no one in the back to talk to" and glazes Punk every chance he gets. Dude has made it abundantly clear he wants out, so why invest or spotlight him anymore?

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017

Cybit

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get what is going on with Mercedes unless Tony has some kind of reason to believe he might be able to sign Becky Lynch away from WWE or something

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I don't get what is going on with Mercedes unless Tony has some kind of reason to believe he might be able to sign Becky Lynch away from WWE or something
She apparently wasn't cleared when they decided to debut her and they also didn't have a strong angle for her so it was two months of "hello everyone, am I a heel?"

Just pretend Mercedes' debut is at DoN and none of this counts against her.

Last edited: