Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Team AEW closing with a standard FTR For The World promo.

They should join Jericho. Darby with a flamethrower was the better team close.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
#AEWDoN24

Matches:

1. Thunder Rosa vs Deonna Purrazzo - Thunder Rosa
2. Trent Beretta vs Orange Cassidy - Trent Beretta
3. FTW Championship (FTW rules): Chris Jericho (c) vs Hook vs. Katsuyori Shibata - Chris Jericho
4. Unified Trios Titles: The Bang Bang Gang vs Death Triangle - The Bang Bang Gang
5. TNT Championship (cage match): Adam Copeland (c) vs Malakai Black - Adam Copeland
6. International Championship: Roderick Strong (c) vs Will Ospreay - Will Ospreay
7. IWGP World Heavyweight Championship (Eliminator match): Jon Moxley vs. Konosuke Takeshita - Jon Moxley
8. AEW Womens World Championship: "Timeless" Toni Storm (c) vs Serena Deeb - Toni Storm
9. TBS Championship: Willow Nightingale (c) vs Mercedes Moné - Mercedes Moné
10. Anarchy in the Arena: The Elite (Kazuchika Okada, Jack Perry & Young Bucks) vs Team AEW (Bryan Danielson, Darby Allin & FTR) - The Elite
11. AEW World Championship: Swerve Strickland (c) vs Christian Cage - Swerve Strickland
12. The Acclaimed vs Cage of Agony - The Acclaimed

Tiebreakers:
T1. Which match will open the main PPV? - Jon Moxley vs Konosuke Takeshita
T2. Which match will go on last? - Willow Nightingale vs Mercedes Moné
T3. Who will be the first to get a crimson mask? - Jon Moxley

Super Tiebreakers:
T4. To the nearest second, how long is the Anarchy in the Arena match? (closest answer, over or under, gets the point) - 24.48

Bacalao

Oct 27, 2017
#AEWDoN24

Matches:

2. Trent Beretta vs Orange Cassidy - Trent
3. FTW Championship (FTW rules): Chris Jericho (c) vs Hook vs. Katsuyori Shibata - Jericho
4. Unified Trios Titles: The Bang Bang Gang vs Death Triangle - Bang Bang Gang
5. TNT Championship (cage match): Adam Copeland (c) vs Malakai Black - Cope
6. International Championship: Roderick Strong (c) vs Will Ospreay - Ospreay
7. IWGP World Heavyweight Championship (Eliminator match): Jon Moxley vs. Konosuke Takeshita - Mox
8. AEW Womens World Championship: "Timeless" Toni Storm (c) vs Serena Deeb - Toni
9. TBS Championship: Willow Nightingale (c) vs Mercedes Moné - Mercedes
10. Anarchy in the Arena: The Elite (Kazuchika Okada, Jack Perry & Young Bucks) vs Team AEW (Bryan Danielson, Darby Allin & FTR) - The Elite
11. AEW World Championship: Swerve Strickland (c) vs Christian Cage - Swerve
12. The Acclaimed vs Cage of Agony - The Acclaimed

Tiebreakers:
T1. Which match will open the main PPV? - Ospreay vs. Roddy
T2. Which match will go on last? - Swerve vs. Christian
T3. Who will be the first to get a crimson mask? - Mox

Super Tiebreakers:
T4. To the nearest second, how long is the Anarchy in the Arena match? (closest answer, over or under, gets the point) - 25:43

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Random thought, but the people who buy ringside tickets for AEW shows and then spend the majority of the time holding up their Cornette/Busted Open signs in an attempt to get on camera rather than actually watching the show are weird.

Oct 28, 2017
Omaha, NE
Random thought, but the people who buy ringside tickets for AEW shows and then spend the majority of the time holding up their Cornette/Busted Open signs in an attempt to get on camera rather than actually watching the show are weird.
never forget who the real marks are...and it's those idiots that pay AEW hundreds of dollars to give free advertising to anti AEW grifters

kamen_tater

Oct 27, 2017
#AEWDoN24

Matches:

1. Thunder Rosa vs Deonna Purrazzo - TR
2. Trent Beretta vs Orange Cassidy - Trent?
3. FTW Championship (FTW rules): Chris Jericho (c) vs Hook vs. Katsuyori Shibata - Jericho
4. Unified Trios Titles: The Bang Bang Gang vs Death Triangle - BBG
5. TNT Championship (cage match): Adam Copeland (c) vs Malakai Black - Cope
7. IWGP World Heavyweight Championship (Eliminator match): Jon Moxley vs. Konosuke Takeshita - Mox
8. AEW Womens World Championship: "Timeless" Toni Storm (c) vs Serena Deeb - Toni
9. TBS Championship: Willow Nightingale (c) vs Mercedes Moné - Mone
10. Anarchy in the Arena: The Elite (Kazuchika Okada, Jack Perry & Young Bucks) vs Team AEW (Bryan Danielson, Darby Allin & FTR) - Elite
12. The Acclaimed vs Cage of Agony - Acclaimed

Tiebreakers:
T1. Which match will open the main PPV? - Trios
T2. Which match will go on last? - Swerve v Christian
T3. Who will be the first to get a crimson mask? - Mox

Super Tiebreakers:
T4. To the nearest second, how long is the Anarchy in the Arena match? (closest answer, over or under, gets the point) - 25:21

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017

They are saving wrestling from AEW the only way they know how.

AllezLesVert

Mar 30, 2024

Literally can't remember the last sign I saw in a crowd that I remembered for more than a few seconds beyond the idiots trying to get themselves over at Mania this year with big head photos of themselves that kept getting caught in the close-up shots. Enjoy the show and don't worry about things outside your control.

Hillside

May 11, 2021
#AEWDoN24

Matches:
1. Thunder Rosa vs Deonna Purrazzo - Rosa
2. Trent Beretta vs Orange Cassidy - Trentylocks
4. Unified Trios Titles: The Bang Bang Gang vs Death Triangle - Bullet Bang Bang Gold Club Gang
5. TNT Championship (cage match): Adam Copeland (c) vs Malakai Black - Copeland
7. IWGP World Heavyweight Championship (Eliminator match): Jon Moxley vs. Konosuke Takeshita - Takeshita
9. TBS Championship: Willow Nightingale (c) vs Mercedes Moné - Willow
12. The Acclaimed vs Cage of Agony - Acclaimed

Tiebreakers:
T1. Which match will open the main PPV? - Bang Bang Gang v Death Triangle
T2. Which match will go on last? - Swerve v Christian
T3. Who will be the first to get a crimson mask? - Ospreay

Super Tiebreakers:
T4. To the nearest second, how long is the Anarchy in the Arena match? (closest answer, over or under, gets the point) - 28:43

Cookiedoh85

Oct 29, 2017
- thought last nights Collision was incredibly skippable

- 3 Jericho promo's in 1 week is 2 Jericho promos too many. The HOOK/Joe/Shibata interaction should have played on Collision as it was far more intriguing as a lead in to the PPV match, not Jericho continuing to try and get this dumb gimmick over. Praying for Joe to interfere in the FTW match.

- Garcia's booking has been all over the place lately, moreso than usual. Makes me wonder if his contract talks are a bit rocky - like it feels they want to push him but don't have 100% confidence they'll get the full return on investment.

- Feels like Malakai may be done. I will not miss him one bit - spooky nonsense is 1000% not my thing.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
Alas, Fightful is now kind of walking back their own story on Bayne

UPDATE: In an update, sources close to Megan Bayne say that there has been interest elsewhere, and sources in AEW say that while there have been pitches for her usage on TV, her future there isn't clear as of yet. We're working to get more information

GeneralZod

Oct 26, 2017
UK
#AEWDoN24

Matches:
1. Thunder Rosa vs Deonna Purrazzo - Deonna
2. Trent Beretta vs Orange Cassidy - Trent
4. Unified Trios Titles: The Bang Bang Gang vs Death Triangle - Bullet Bang Bang Gold Club Gang
7. IWGP World Heavyweight Championship (Eliminator match): Jon Moxley vs. Konosuke Takeshita - Takeshita
9. TBS Championship: Willow Nightingale (c) vs Mercedes Moné - Willow
12. The Acclaimed vs Cage of Agony - Cage of Agony

Tiebreakers:
T1. Which match will open the main PPV? - TBS title
T2. Which match will go on last? - Anarchy in the Arena
T3. Who will be the first to get a crimson mask? - willow

Super Tiebreakers:
T4. To the nearest second, how long is the Anarchy in the Arena match? (closest answer, over or under, gets the point) - 35 minutes 22 seconds

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
#AEWDoN24

Matches:

4. Unified Trios Titles: The Bang Bang Gang vs Death Triangle - The Bang Bang Gang
7. IWGP World Heavyweight Championship (Eliminator match): Jon Moxley vs. Konosuke Takeshita - Moxley
8. AEW Womens World Championship: "Timeless" Toni Storm (c) vs Serena Deeb - Toni Storm
9. TBS Championship: Willow Nightingale (c) vs Mercedes Moné - Mercedes Mone

Tiebreakers:
T1. Which match will open the main PPV? - FTW Championship (FTW rules): Chris Jericho (c) vs Hook vs. Katsuyori Shibata
T2. Which match will go on last? - AEW World Championship: Swerve Strickland (c) vs Christian Cage
T3. Who will be the first to get a crimson mask? - Adam Copeland

Super Tiebreakers:
T4. To the nearest second, how long is the Anarchy in the Arena match? (closest answer, over or under, gets the point) - 29:45

OakTree

Apr 5, 2024
I was on Twitter earlier and realized that there are fans young enough to be watching these runs that don't realize that Copeland's DDT is called "The Impaler" because he used to be a vampire and it was Gangrel's finisher.

My knees... They're dust...

Vaskie

Oct 27, 2017
#AEWDoN24

Matches:
3. FTW Championship (FTW rules): Chris Jericho (c) vs Hook vs. Katsuyori Shibata - Chris Jericho
5. TNT Championship (cage match): Adam Copeland (c) vs Malakai Black - Adam Copeland
6. International Championship: Roderick Strong (c) vs Will Ospreay - Roderick Strong
7. IWGP World Heavyweight Championship (Eliminator match): Jon Moxley vs. Konosuke Takeshita - Konosuke Takeshita
9. TBS Championship: Willow Nightingale (c) vs Mercedes Moné - Mercedes Moné
11. AEW World Championship: Swerve Strickland (c) vs Christian Cage - Swerve Strickland

Tiebreakers:
T1. Which match will open the main PPV? - Strong vs Ospreay
T2. Which match will go on last? - Swerve vs Christian
T3. Who will be the first to get a crimson mask? - Orange Cassidy

Super Tiebreakers:
T4. To the nearest second, how long is the Anarchy in the Arena match? (closest answer, over or under, gets the point) - 26 minutes and 30 seconds

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
#AEWDoN24

Matches:

4. Unified Trios Titles: The Bang Bang Gang vs Death Triangle - Bang Bang Gang
7. IWGP World Heavyweight Championship (Eliminator match): Jon Moxley vs. Konosuke Takeshita - Moxley
9. TBS Championship: Willow Nightingale (c) vs Mercedes Moné - Mercedes Mone

Tiebreakers:
T1. Which match will open the main PPV? - Strong/Ospreay
T2. Which match will go on last? - Swerve/Christian
T3. Who will be the first to get a crimson mask? - Moxley

Super Tiebreakers:
T4. To the nearest second, how long is the Anarchy in the Arena match? (closest answer, over or under, gets the point) - 27:12

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
First thing to come to mind on the morning after is Willow-Mercedes and how that was the real standout match on a night of a lot of good ones.

It was a shame that Mercedes was out for so long because she was finally able to showcase/validate her character in full and how everything flows from her in-ring prowess/persona. CEO means much more once you're able to back it up. And everything about her first dozen weeks or so would've gone smoother if she could've gone right away.

Shows how important in-ring matters to the fanbase and that Mercedes indeed fits in perfectly in that regard.

As for Willow, it's only all onward and upward from here. You got this blood feud with Stat that will elevate both Women and then you can put her right on course for that top title.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
It's Monday. You know what that means. ❤️🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Show was damn good. Enjoyed tf outta it. But I will admit, in thinking about it this am I don't know if I've ever come away from a PPV disagreeing with more booking decisions. I realize Mox/Takeshita is probably all NJPW's call, but that and Willow/Stat/Mercedes are the two big ones.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017

Show was damn good. Enjoyed tf outta it. But I will admit, in thinking about it this am I don't know if I've ever come away from a PPV disagreeing with more booking decisions. I realize Mox/Takeshita is probably all NJPW's call, but that and Willow/Stat/Mercedes are the two big ones.
Unless NJPW told Tony "we want what you did to Jay White but also have it be an elimnator match so people think he could win, it'll be funnier that way." I'm blaming Tony.

Takeshita beating Kenny is getting/on the same level as Andretti beating Jericho. Really didn't do much of anything, but Takeshita Kenny was a better match at least so we still got that.

Last edited:

AllezLesVert

Mar 30, 2024
Swerve v Christian was the MotN for me. Mercedes had a great showing too even if I'd be afraid they're going to push ahead with trying to make her a babyface after this.

A lot of the other matches had the clearly wrong winners - Trent losing his first big feud since turning, Takeshita losing to Super Moxley, Edge repeating the Finn Balor match result from last year.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
If there was a bidding war and no wrasslin' 'journalists' witnessed it, did it really happen? 🤔

Just happy that MJF is back.

Cookiedoh85

Oct 29, 2017
Think DoN was a show with the expected amazing effort from all wrestlers but hobbled by some booking that exposed a whole lot of the flaws in AEW's current product. Like many have said I've rarely enjoyed a PPV so much while disagreeing with 90% of the results.

- Ospreay/Roddy was a fantastic, fantastic opener. Ospreay is the guy and Roddy is still a guy who I never want to hear do a promo but will happily watch wrestle.
- Trios match was fine I guess? It seems like they might be rebuilding the division but I just wasn't invested at any point.
- Storm/Deeb - tale of 2 halves. First half was a real slog buy they pulled the audience into it by the end and the Mariah tease with the towel was nicely done.

Then the bad booking kicked in

- Trent/OC was 2 guys trying their best but Callis being around just had me waiting to see where he'd interfere, anything before that felt redundant. If this is all a swerve so they can do the Trent/Callis combo on Wednesday then this really was redundant - they could have had Trent win with a Callis assist, protects OC and gives Trent a boost because he really is going to need something after this loss and just being another guy standing around while Callis cuts promos aint it.

- FTW title match was a fun, sometimes sloppy affair. Any time HOOK and Shibata were allowed to just do their thing it was good stuff, then Jericho would get involved. Match really was hurt by waiting for Bill and the inevitable third guy to interfere. The suplex to Bill on the table was cool as expected. Keith interfering wearing a mask just to take it off a second later just so they could do the 'its not Sammy!' troll was pointless. Wherever/Whenever HOOK/Jericho 3 happens, that must be the end of it; Joe gets involved Wednesday I assume but for the love of god just get the FTW title back on HOOK already and let him retire it.

- Mox/Takeshita. Where to begin. Poor Take. Why, why, why, why book this match if that finish is your only option?? Take is well beyond the point where he can be in the ring with a main eventer and just 'get a rub' from just being there. Both he and Garcia have to start actually getting wins and having those wins followed up on, thats the top and bottom of it.

-Copeland/Black - Not alot to say, Black does less than nothing for me with his spooky shit and Copeland doing that now makes me even less interested.

- Mone/Willow - holy shit Willow got an amazing response from the crowd. Mercedes exceeded expectations for her first match back and this definitely had a big-match atmosphere. Mercedes definitely needs a new finisher though because whatever that was looked weak as hell. Post-match with Stat felt incredibly rushed for something that's been slowly building.

- Swerve/Christian - good first defence for Swerve. Cage knows how to pace a match, even with a bit too many shenanigans but that was the theme of the night.

- AITA - Exactly what was advertised, though it felt a bit too 'punch/kick walk along' for a loooong chunk. Fighting over the aux, Okada with the street sign and of course the flamethrower popped me big time. Danielson continues to be one of the most selfless guys on the roster and his absence is gonna be severely felt when he does call it a day.

TLDR - bad booking, too much interference, way too much Callis, no Garcia.

edit : I will say that the absence of Sammy while all other Pillars were represented and Jericho has a gimmick that would be tailor made for him to return to seems pretty telling. Guy might genuinely be in TK's bad books.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017

Ya.

I wanted Takeshita to win a title shot, but I guess NJPW has their own plans at the moment. So that was something I was kinda disappointed with.

Swerve vs Christian was good as I expected.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
Given the outcome of the TBS championship match, I don't know if the buildup was worth it. How many defenses did Willow have?

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I very much enjoyed the PPV. I can't think of any bad matches nor any moments that brought the PPV down. I'm going to say that Willow vs Mercedes and Toni vs Deeb absolutely ruled. Mercedes is showing early on that she was worth the money. She moved so smoothly around the ring, and sold her ass off for Willow.

The only things I didn't like were:

What was the point of Trent vs OC if they were going to have the exact same outcome as they did from their match on Dynamite? I'm sure there's a longer story about to be told here, but that was kind of a pointless match.

I'm going to assume NJPW shenanigans, but Mox shouldn't have gone over Cinnabon. The man could be the best heel in the company, but he's now been jobbed out to one-armed Mox and Ospreay in back-to-back PPVs. He deserves far better.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
The Double or Nothing Dozen! (2024 Edition)

Best Use of Overpriced Licensed Music: "The Final Countdown" by Europe
Hope they saved some of this budget for Danielson's All In entrance.

View: https://x.com/AEW/status/1794944602119541180

"Big Match Feel" Match of the Night: Mercedes Mone vs. Willow Nightingale
The crowd was hot, hot, HOT for this one.

View: https://x.com/AEW/status/1794927021161685393

"This should've been on Dynamite" Match of the Night: Trent vs. Orange Cassidy
I appreciate the effort with Trent's new gear, new entrance music, and OC going back to The Pixies, but this really didn't need to be on PPV even though it was solid.
Orange-Cassidy-AEW-Double-Or-Nothing-645x370.jpg

"Oh. THAT overdelivered!" Match of the Night: Toni Storm vs. Serena Deeb
The heel/face dynamics were strong enough, and these two women put on a low-key epic.
AEW-Double-or-Nothing-Toni-Storm-Serena-Deeb.jpg

Best Win Celebration: Toni Storm writhes around in confetti.
AEW-Double-Or-Nothing-Toni-Storm-Mariah-May-645x370.jpg

Most Memorable Moment and Tattoo Reveal: The Return of MJF
Welcome back, GOAT!
mjf-aew-tattoo-may-27-a.jpg

Biggest Glow-Up: Willow Nightingale.
The hair. The gear. The eye makeup. MAIN EVENT STAR POWER.
GOjb6aDbsAAVaqZ

"Don't ever do that again" Moment of the Night: Adam Copeland jumping off a stupidly high cage
It was awesome. It was brave. But we want you around for a while, Cope, so please, don't do it again.
GOjazcqXcAALJXL

Best Throwback and Not-Really-a-Surprise Appearance: The Brood entrance and Gangrel!
Both of these ruled. That impaler DDT looked AWESOME.
GOl0oSuXsAAPXTb

GOjaLxGWgAEwM71

Best 80s Reference: Swerve Strickland and Prince Nana Channel The Warriors.
GOjj_6qXsAAL7ka

GOjji1OWEAA0gbS

Most Overexposed Character of the Night: Don Callis
Go away, Don. I'm not even gonna post a picture of you.

"THAT'S heat" Moment of the Night: Darby lights Jack Perry on fire.
It explains itself.
GOlpvSwbEAAK_19

Final Grade: A tad excessive and indulgent, but I mostly had fun. 7/10.