• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Really enjoyed that Dynamite. Main event was so good spots. Only issue was seemed like Britt no sold some stuff. Idk if it was to rush to the next spot due to time or what? Happy to see Rosa win.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Just finished the show.

-Fun opener. Hangman rules and it was nice to hear the crowd get behind him. Some really cool action in this one.
-Regal is a treasure on commentary. Yuta chants legit warmed my heart. I'm a bit confused by the post-match…did Yuta join or not?
-Ricky Starks is awesome.
-JAS commencement was a major highlight on this episode. Just a bunch of dirtbags calling themselves sports entertainers. It's cheap but it works.
-Wardlow/Sky was decent. Sky looks great with the belt. The end of the match was captivating in my books. Felt totally awake and wanting to see what would happen next.
-Hardys/Private Party was good fun. Kassidy is an incredible obnoxious heel. I just want to see him dancing and mocking opposing teams all the time. That swanton looked stiiiiiiff. Butcher looking REAL JACKED.
-Serena Deeb looking REAL JACKED and REAL INTENSE. Can't wait for them to have that match.
-Stat character change! She needs to take the title off Jade. Stat rules.
-FTR with Bret a month and a half before thr Owen Hart Tournament? Works for me!
-Great entrance for Rosa. An appropriately sloppy match and a cathartic post-match. I'm glad no one jumped off the cage. Happy for Rosa, and was ready for Britt to move on. Good call.

Didn't hear what Swerve said and missed Jade's promo.

Uhh, not as many quick cuts and segments on this episode? Which I loved! Felt like everything had time to breathe.

Rampage card looks kind of phoned in but will probably still be fun. With the super late start, full expecting 300k viewers in the US.

AEW's so damn fun. When it's good, it's REALLY good.

Grade: B

Best segment: JAS commencement
Best moment: Rosa's victory tears (HM: Regal Inoki-slapping Yuta)
Best gear: Rosa
Dressed to impress: Andrade
Coolest move: Double Doomsday Device
Gnarliest spot: Britt falling back into the chair super stack
Most entertaining: Isiah Kassidy (HM: Chris Jericho and Matt Lee)

Last edited:

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Unfortunately had to be done in order to get to the ending of the match on time before 10pm.
Dont take all day stacking all those chairs.
TqI0ZOn.png

Was the dynamite allowed to rollover a lil bit only for TNT?

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
Really good Dynamite with great matches to start & end the episode, with some fun stuff in the middle.

- Hangman & Jurassic Express vs Cole & reDRagon - **** - Great hot opener. Lots of back and forth action which gave just about everyone time to shine. Love the Doomsday Device from Jurassic Express, such a great move
-Cole getting the win will prolong this feud it seems (Calling Cole vs Hangman & reDRagon vs Jurassic Express at Battle of the Belts 2 next month)
- Statlander!!!! NOO!!!! Not my favorite alien 👽😢
- Liked the connecting segments with Team Taz/Acclaimed/Keith Lee/Swerve
- William Regal on commentary was sublime. Once he goes to a backstage role, he would be perfect for Rampage as a commentator
- Bryan Danielson & Jon Moxley vs Chuck Taylor & Wheeler YUTA - *** - Fun match. Mox & Bryan looked dominate as a tag team. Really enjoying this new team
- Wheeler going to Regal/Danielson/Mox is great. Hope they build off it
- 👍 for more FTR vs Bucks
- Jericho Appreciation Society Town Hall - Jericho is great at getting things over or hated, so I'm here for this new "Sports Entertainer" gimmick. Daniel Garcia will be a lot of fun in this. Reminds me of when Cactus Jack turned heel in ECW and refused to do hardcore wrestling and did the slowest most boring wrestling to get heel heat. It was great!! Loved that Jericho changed 2point0's immediately. Nice dig in WWE. Was hoping one would be called Dunne 😂
- Love this Deeb vs Shida feud. Give me an iron woman match TK!!!
- TNT Championship: Scorpio Sky © vs Wardlow - **1/2 - Average heel vs face match. Scorpio looked good and the crowd was 100% behind Wardlow, that was the whole reason for the match.
- The Aftermath was good too. Can't wait until Wardlow Powerbombs MJF through the mat
- Hardy Boyz vs Private Party - *** - This was a lot of fun. Love the Hardy's so this took me back to being a teenager again. The rematch between these two will be crazy I bet. Huge pop for Jeff too
- AEW Women's World Championship - Steel Cage Match: Britt Baker © vs Thunder Rosa - **** - This match was brutal and unfortunately seemed rushed at the end. Better than their Revolution match (which I liked), but not as good as the Lights Out match. Rosa winning is fantastic
- Rosa winning makes her The first mexican born woman to hold a World Championship. Such a great accomplishment for Rosa and well earned too

Rating - A-
Great show with great matches and fun segments. Rosa winning is my highlight of my week (move over little girl who screamed for Chaos Project on Dark last night)

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Weird comment by Tony Schiavone at the start of the cage match.

You can only win by pinfall, submission, or knockout.

But you can lose via countout?

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
I love that Jericho complained about 2point0 having wrestling names and giving them their real names.

Because they were wrestling under their real names and now they're not lol 😂

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I love that Jericho complained about 2point0 having wrestling names and giving them their real names.

Because they were wrestling under their real names and now they're not lol 😂
Lmao that stable is going to provide some glorious sports entertainment. And idc how somehow bring in Cardona for it lol.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
The show was awesome in person and Thunder winning was absolutely incredible. I've been to the 2 previous Austin shows and they were great but this one was somehow even more of a blast and topped with Rosa's emotional win.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Just finished the show and wanted to pop in and say... FINALLY the DMD reign is over.

I have a lot of thoughts on tonight's show... I'll try and put them together tomorrow.

RoninRay

Oct 28, 2017
The show was awesome in person and Thunder winning was absolutely incredible. I've been to the 2 previous Austin shows and they were great but this one was somehow even more of a blast and topped with Rosa's emotional win.

I'm in a strange spot with wrestling where I haven't really been watching but I've been reading and watching clips. I should have went to that show just to see thunder Rosa

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
I'm in a strange spot with wrestling where I haven't really been watching but I've been reading and watching clips. I should have went to that show just to see thunder Rosa

My gf went with me and only occasionally catches some matches when I watch but even she was standing and cheering for Rosa without much context. It was just an amazing feeling. We were near the confetti cannons and had idea clue that's what they were before they shot off. I grabbed a little handful as a souvenir.

To be fair, if they want the JAS booed it would be a good idea to take away their sing-along.

Jericho came out to the ring with the singalong, before Rampage commentary, and reiterated how he's the one allowing the audience to sing and he can take it away at any moment if they upset him. That he tells the audience when to sing and when to shut up, etc. I thought for sure he'd come out to something else to emphasize he's not the same guy but maybe Fozzy only has 1 "good" song? lol

Him still doing Rampage commentary with this character is odd too.

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
What is the best platform to use to watch older episodes? I stopped watching weekly in December, so I have a bit of catch up to do. Definitely going to watch last night's match today on the tnt/tbs app before going through everything I missed, including Rampages.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
What is the best platform to use to watch older episodes? I stopped watching weekly in December, so I have a bit of catch up to do. Definitely going to watch last night's match today on the tnt/tbs app before going through everything I missed, including Rampages.
I use Sling and they keep a few months of episodes in their backlog.

As for my thoughts on the show:
  • My MOTN was Hangman/JE v Cole/reDRagon. Lots of exciting and fresh spots like the triple moonsault and the double doomsday device. I think it was bad booking to have Cole/reDRagon get a clean pin here, especially since the other team are all champions. I will give credit where credit is due - they didn't have Cole cheat with a low blow. However, I still don't view Cole/Fish/KOR as main event players, so these rivalries fall a bit flat for me.
  • My low-key favorite moment of the night was the hint at a change for Statlander. I like how they kept it brief but gave enough detail that her character might be changing. Excited to see where they go with it. It probably makes sense for her to break away from the Best Friends at this point and get a larger solo push (TBS Title...).
  • William Regal is a delight, as always, and Danielson/Mox did an outstanding job getting Yuta over in their match. Yuta has slowly been gaining popularity in AEW it seems (especially on Dark/Elevation) but it was a bit surreal hearing people chant his name. He's pretty awesome and I really do hope he joins Danielson and Mox. Yuta's walk back towards the ring and slap from Regal had me on the edge of my seat.
  • Nick Jackson's wardrobe... lol
  • Didn't care for any of the JAS stuff. I agree Jericho knows how to get under your skin but I just don't find this angle compelling. It ultimately felt like Jericho was hindering PnP and Sammy at the tail end of the Inner Circle, so I'm not really expecting anything different here.
  • I'm excited for more Deeb and Shida but I'm hoping for some more creative match types going forward.
  • Poor Scorpio got like zero reaction from what must've been the hottest AEW crowd I've seen since I started watching late last year. Match was fine - the aftermath was incredibly compelling with Wardlow almost getting the powerbomb on MJF.
  • I've come to absolutely love Private Party - their athleticism, their personalities, Zay screaming... it all works for me. This was a pretty good match with the Hardy's and, all things considered, both Matt and Jeff looked pretty good here and worked well as a team. You can tell they were a bit gassed at the end but what can you do. That swanton bomb looked rough, though... oof
  • The cage match was fine but this was another Rosa/Britt match that I found underwhelming. They just don't seem to have good chemistry together. The start was really slow, they did work in some good spots (air raid crash on the chairs, Britt falling onto the chair stack), but the ending was really rough. Britt no-sold too many big moves and it just seemed rushed to get to Rosa's finisher. Regardless, none of this overshadows the historic moment we witnessed. So happy to see Rosa get the title and begin her reign as champ!

Sir Charles

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego, CA
You can use the VPN trick with the Fite app to subscribe to their AEW subscription. That gives you access to the whole back catalogue and you can watch the new eps live (without the picture-in-picture breaks!)

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
- Awesome traditional chaotic 6 man to open the show, that double doomsday device spot popped me
- Fantastic Jericho Appreciation Society promo, the sports entertainer stuff cracked me up, especially with Garcia, looks like Jericho is onto another winner
- Cool to see Yuta figuratively & literally stepping up, I was worried they'd thrown the whole recruitment angle away
- Wardlow looking a beast in defeat and MJF returns to set up the feud. Glad Scorpio retained but his act needs more to go to the next level
- Keith Lee trapped in Team Taz purgatory, it's a good job everyone involved are awesome but this already has the makings of another aimless feud where no-one is really sure why they're still feuding but they're gonna keep doing so
- Statlander dropping the alien gimmick, does she need to do it? Not for me but I suppose if Britt is taking a break now then someone needs to replace the top heel
- Private Party have really come along in 2 years, people forget that time when they fought the Lucha Bros and gassed themselves to the point where they couldn't even do basic moves and kicks anymore. There's no need to rush these guys.
- Good main event, putting aside the lackluster build it's clear that Rosa is working injured and that has also hurt their series of the matches, Rosa can barely run to do her dropkicks for the last few matches. Hopefully whatever is ailing her can be sorted by taking it easy for a few weeks now.

Oct 27, 2017
Columbus, OH
My gf went with me and only occasionally catches some matches when I watch but even she was standing and cheering for Rosa without much context. It was just an amazing feeling. We were near the confetti cannons and had idea clue that's what they were before they shot off. I grabbed a little handful as a souvenir.

Jericho came out to the ring with the singalong, before Rampage commentary, and reiterated how he's the one allowing the audience to sing and he can take it away at any moment if they upset him. That he tells the audience when to sing and when to shut up, etc. I thought for sure he'd come out to something else to emphasize he's not the same guy but maybe Fozzy only has 1 "good" song? lol

Him still doing Rampage commentary with this character is odd too.
I like him better as a heel commentator honestly. When he's face he keeps slipping into heel schtick.

And yeah he can FOR SURE get the heat in spite of the song but imagine the heat if he started cutting Judas off while they're still on the ramp.

ieu

Oct 26, 2017
Mid Wales
Weird comment by Tony Schiavone at the start of the cage match.

You can only win by pinfall, submission, or knockout.

But you can lose via countout?

Assuming standard rules, while you can win a championship defence via countout, you can't actually win the title. So yeah another notch in the win column but you don't get the all important belt.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Assuming standard rules, while you can win a championship defence via countout, you can't actually win the title. So yeah another notch in the win column but you don't get the all important belt.
They need to make it so that leaving the cage is an automatic forfeit to be honest. You don't book a steel cage match and then give the heel an out.