Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
GALKA NO MORE.

www.youtube.com

第68回もぎたてヴァナ・ディール

ゲストに声優の加藤英美里さんをお迎えして、5月バージョンアップ情報や今後のアップデート情報などをお届けする予定です。コメント投稿やX(旧Twitter)を通じて、放送に参加しましょう!テスト放送 19:30~、本放送 20:00~

Video's in Japanese, but to the surprise of everyone given the game's almost on maintenance mode they announced tons of new stuff.
Honestly this kinda caught everyone off guard, I'm shocked. Also adding stuff like the Ark Angel armor.

There's a rough translation here.

22 years must be a record?

I dunno how they're pulling off all these changes. The former producer had stated in the past that he didn't think much could be done with the game now, but the new guy is enthusiastic and using the best of resources I guess.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Woah hold on it seems like they're going through a lot of changes here. I love XI, it holds a very special place in my heart and the fact that even after all this time it's not dead makes me super happy.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing that the game is still supported, you love to see it. This game was such a huge part of my life for a while, perhaps too much at some points, haha.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Ark Angel EV outfit looks sick. Chaos Baha blast duo fight looks insane as well. Glad they're adding a Fantasia-esque option to change your character too.

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
I started the game some months ago and I was surprised how it's still full of players, even in low level zones.

The game's actually very good too, I just wish there was more QoL improvements.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
Didn't they report recently that they were going into "maintenance only" mode?

Seems bizarre that this major change would be introduced. I wonder if they're backing away from the reduced support.

OP
OP
Wrexis

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Seems bizarre that this major change would be introduced. I wonder if they're backing away from the reduced support.

I touched on this in the first post, but the old producer seemed to be against breaking things and felt that he was the caretaker of the game, more or less.
The new guy seems to be more of a do-er.

Emerald

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully a Name change option is in the cards too.

Because im pretty sure you need to transfer off a server to one that has your name taken to change it, and then you need to transfer BACK to the original server if you still want to play there which is like almost $40 in fees.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
This wasn't on my bingo card. But I've long wondered why SE didn't allow for race//gender/appearance changes in XI. It's just money on the table, assuming they end up being paid services.

...Granted, one can already change all of that with a simple command in-game via a windower addon. But it'll be cool to change what others see you as.

Translation New
OP
OP
Wrexis

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017

There's a great translation of the changes here. Thank you to the original poster tannergela.

==============================

During the most recent Freshly Picked Vana'diel, future development goals were discussed and various upcoming features/new content was announced for the first time. Yoji Fujito (FFXI Director/Producer) clarified that these have no specific timeline/release date as of yet but are currently being worked on. He also noted that there is a possibility that some of these may be cancelled in the future, but they are hopeful.

Making Beseiged Level 99 Content:

This content is currently made for LV75, and work is being done to adjust this first to LV99. They can't skip straight to LV119, but hope that players will participate in order to help rescue important NPCs. The goal is to make Beseiged more challenging (like it used to be), but also manageable, which is why it will be balanced for LV99 as opposed to LV119. The strength of the Serpent Generals will also be increased.

Ark Angel Equipment:

Ark Angel equipment will be added to the game separate from certain cosmetic versions already in the game. The gear will be compatible with all races. For example, Elvaan AK gear will not be Elvaan exclusive. This content has no risk of being cancelled and will 100% be happening, so look forward to it.

Sending Items on the Same Account:

A new icon will be added to items indicating whether or not they can be sent to other characters on the same account. Until now, items that could be sent this way was managed and updated in a list on the Official Forum. Their aim with this change is to make it easier to understand which items can be sent as well as reduce workload.

Records of Eminence for Sortie:

Records of Eminence objectives will be added for Sortie. There will also be an unrepeatable (one time) Objective added that will reward an Old Case.

Dynamis - Divergence Changes:

Adjustments will be made to Dynamis Divergence entry system and entry time to make it easier for players to participate in the content, and allow them to enter the content consecutively (back to back). It should work something like the Ra'Kaznarian plate in Sortie.

Gamepad Config Improvements:

New options will be added to the Gamepad Config, including being able to set buttons to open the Map, use the Jump emote (you can't actually jump, of course), as well as target the nearest NPC. Being able to configure a button to target the nearest NPC was a suggestion they received on the Official Forum, and found that it was useful so that you don't have to use macros or spam F8 on your keyboard to find your target, etc.

Server Replacement:

The team is moving forward with replacing and upgrading their server infrastructure. It may be possible with the new infrastructure to greatly reduce/eliminate maintenance times, but they can't guarantee anything. The current servers are barely kicking and once replaced will be good for at least another five years.

Changing Your Character's Race:

The team is looking into adding the ability to change your character's race. Your gender, race, and size (S/M/L) will be able to be changed. They don't want users to be casually/frequently changing their character's race, so they are considering making it a paid service, but it might end up being free (this is undecided). Some worries mentioned were the fact that if race is changed, race specific gear will be unable to be equipped, and that your parameters will also change. The topic of LGBTQ and gender identity outside of Japan helped them to consider adding this functionality, as well as players coming to feel over time that their character's race doesn't suit their identity, etc.

In Closing:

Finally, Yoji Fujito asked for users' patience as they are low on staff and can only do so much so quickly. They want to continue delivering new content updates to keep the world of Vana'diel fresh, but it might take longer than we expect.

Oct 28, 2017
FFXI was my first "real" MMO experience and the game is still special to me. It is amazing it is still getting updated after all these years. Really wish they could do something to consolidate the nine million currencies, I went back for a brief stint about five years ago (and finally got my Bard AF lol) and it was way too much, making it hard for me to accumulate good Trusts, which are basically required at this point. However, given the game was originally programmed to run on PS2, I imagine they're doing what they can.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
24hr FFXI music stream starting now

www.youtube.com

FINAL FANTASY XI Soundtrack Special Live Stream

(English below) ✨2002年5月16日は『FINAL FANTASY XI』の発売日✨『FINAL FANTASY XI』の誕生日を記念して、サウンドトラックに収録されている音楽のライブ配信が決定💡配信予定日時:5/16(木)12:00~5/17(金)13:40頃まで※エラー等により配信が停止し...