• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will you still purchase Anthem after playing the demo?

• Yes

Votes: 564 21.3%
  • No

Votes: 946 35.7%
  • Running into too many bugs to even play

Votes: 226 8.5%
  • Waiting for open demo

Votes: 914 34.5%

• Total voters

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Got to finally play a majority of the demo after 11-12 hours of the infinite load screen bug. The game definitely has its pros and cons, but I honestly don't think it will be worth a $60 price tag. It still feels very "clunky". It's a good thing they have the $15 origin premier access to play the game for a month.

With that said, for those who did actually get to play the VIP demo, are you still interested in purchasing the game?

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I'm waiting for the Open Demo on Feb 1st, but from what I've seen plus read, Destiny as a whole looks more interesting than ANTHEM

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Its pretty rough. Leaning towards no at thos point. The flying is fun but the enemies are kind of bullet sponges and I have a few other problems with it. Think I'll give it a few months to shake out and get it cheap

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
The game just crashed on me after waiting 10-15 minutes on the free play loading screen.

I literally can not even play it.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
I'm enjoying it. probably not a day one purchase but somewhere down the line.

kinjx11

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
well they gave the game for free when i got the Origin premier membership , so i guess i'll play it

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
I enjoyed my time with it and as long as it doesnt freeze in the loading screens then im down.

Gonna see if I can get it from someone at EA if not ill just do a cheeky playtest and get it.

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
No. Thought it was boring. Got tired of playing it after fifteen minutes.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who didn't have Anthem on his radar, watching people play it on Twitch has gotten me intrigued. Whether or not that turns into a purchase Day 1 depends on reviews and more info about the story and end game.

smuguire

Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't even consider it at full price. Absolutely nothing it did grabbed me in any way. If anything, the Anthem demo may have pushed me towards getting D2 Forsaken finally. At least the shooting in Destiny is satisfying

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
They only just fixed the Javelin unlock bug, so I'll have to play some more to judge. Right now, Ranger is too boring for me.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
No.

I've cancelled my digital pre-order. The amount of things I dislike is far greater than things I liked in the demo.

iLorah

Oct 31, 2017
No, went in excited but was sadly having no fun at all and ended up quitting through a mission with no interest in going back.

Jan 10, 2018
I've been trying to log in for two days now but haven't had a single success. They even screwed up their support when I contacted them earlier today which took like 4 hours to resolve a simple issue.

Concidering how little faith I had in this company beforehand it's leaning towards a hard pass right now.

-2B-

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 23, 2018
I have a free copy with my videocard already. I may not even bother installing it after playing the demo.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Depends if the final game actually lets you load without breaking and losing your progress.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Yes, the gameplay is extremely good and that's the most important thing about looter shooters, fingers crossed it isn't gonna be a buggy mess though that's what I'm expecting.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
It's the closest thing to an Iron Man game we're likey to get so I'm super down. Not to mention the gulf of priority between this demo and Andromeda is palpatable.

mercenar1e

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Why? Was it the freezing at the end of the load times?
I'm still going to get it as long as it doesn't crash like it did in the VIP beta.

its as if EA saw the early sales numbers of Destiny and demanded the developers cook up something that kind of resembles it. i haven't had fun playing it at all.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yes, already purchased. A few tech issues is fine. To be expected and I have been playing online games long enough to have patience for issues.

Namikaze1

Oct 25, 2017
Not at launch. Will wait for a sale on it. I liked parts of what I've played but my time with the demo didn't convince me that this is something I should Day 1.

RagdollRhino

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
I haven't played the demo, but my friends are on ps4 and the performance on consoles looks bad. Most likely I will skip unless they make huge strides to fix it. I'm not a big fan grindy games anymore so it's not a big deal to me.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I've enjoyed the gameplay and I'm confident they'll take care of the network issues. I'm also still hopeful the story will be decent, there really hasn't been enough shown to judge it yet.

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, just didn't find the gameplay or storytelling interesting. I might get a month of ea deluxe or whatever to see if I like it, but $15 is the most I would spend after trying it.

Conor419

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
London
Nope, not from what I've seen.

I will say it yet another time: Anthem is going to be one of the biggest disasters in entertainment history. I'm calling it.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Just got on with my friends & it's so buggy. Can't even start a mission.

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes because I played the alpha and it ran almsot flawless (performance wise) on my PC and really well on my xbox. Also I'm not a fool, and know that this demo is almost 2 month old and not ignorant enough to think that the game wont launch in the state it is in.

I dont recall the last online game I've played that wasn't plagued with issues during beta or "demo" that didnt mostly get resolved by launch. Hell I still sometimes get locked out of destiny 2 for days at a time because it can't download some stupid configuration file and I have thousands of hours between destiny 1 and 2.

Kodama4

Oct 25, 2017
It's a cool game, and i'm sure EA will do EA things to it....but there's too many strategy games coming out that have my attention

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017
I honestly don't know. I loved the ability spam in the game when playing as Storm. You really do feel powerful throwing giant fireballs and calling down lightning from the sky to smite your enemies.

But...

PC has terrible flight controls unless you play KB/M. Other weirdness is just the general instability of performance. With an OC'd 8700K at 5GHz, and a GTX 2080 OC'd, there should never be a time I hit the high 40s in the hub. And yet it happens repeatedly.

And while I didn't experience these problems, two of my friends got hit with bug after bug after bug. One of them, continually kept getting the loading bug, horrible rubberbanding, the inability to unlock their second javelin, their character model missing their head, UI/HUD elements completely gone, unable to use abilities/ultimates.

Game wise, certain enemies are extremely problematic. Anything elite and with a shield is a fucking nightmare of a bulletsponge unless you coordinate -- which is unlikely considering everything is matchmade with randoms who have no idea how to do anything. Not even use their ultimates.

This shit is just not ready for prime time in my anecdotal experience.

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I watched some livestreams and it didn't grab me. I'm not even going to try the demo on the 1st. Hard PASS.

MTR

Oct 27, 2017
I have cancelled my preorder. I realise that server issues will only be short term. But the gameplay is just ok , nothing special. I don't see how this hangs with current destiny or the division 2. I may reconsider a few months in but for now it's a big no

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
Haven't played it, but have watched a lot of it via Twitch and YouTube.

The game looks to be best played with friends, and I'm mainly a solo player as most of my friends don't play the sort of things that I'm into, so I'm gonna pass on this one.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Probably not, but it depends on how drastically different the final build is. Once I got past the loading screen issues, I really didn't like the flying or the gunplay. I'll probably just stick with Warframe and consider Division 2 more now.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
My preorder is only 40 because of target buy 2 get 1 free but even at that price it seems not worth it