• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you want it?

• Yes

Votes: 942 78.8%
  • No

Votes: 254 21.2%

• Total voters

Gonzito

Banned
Apr 5, 2022
Spain
99279146_3577578618924557_5266208235127308288_n.jpg

Let's see what resetera wants

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Do RE1 next so we can have the first four done and dusted in the RE Engine, then you can do whatever the hell you want.

Menchin

Apr 1, 2019
No, they'd ruin the main reason I love CV - the comical, absurd dialogue and cutscenes

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Effing yes. Its map and weapons are aweful. As much as I like the nonsense nature of the plot, its a slog.

It should have come before RE4 remake. CV is the one that needed the remake the most. Or Darkside Chronicles Operation Javier content made into a full game!

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Do CVX Remake that leads into RE5 remake.

This way you get Classic Style RE gameplay (like RE2make) then after you get action gameplay (like RE4make).

After that we can stop at the remakes. Would be cool to see RE6 remade but that shit ain't happening. Especially with how big it is and how ignored it is in canon

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
remake Code Veronica first, then stop after following it with 5.

CV needs a remake the most and it ties perfectly with RE5.

no need to do anything else.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
It should have been next after 3. It needs a remake the most out of all the "classic" titles, and maybe they can actually make Steve likable

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Do CVX Remake that leads into RE5 remake.

This way you get Classic Style RE gameplay (like RE2make) then after you get action gameplay (like RE4make).

After that we can stop at the remakes. Would be cool to see RE6 remade but that shit ain't happening. Especially with how big it is and how ignored it is in canon

Why does RE5 need a remake at all? What does that game genuinely offer aside from shovelfuls of racism?

Deleted member 128578

Dec 2, 2022
Do RE1 next so we can have the first four done and dusted in the RE Engine, then you can do whatever the hell you want.

Yeah this. It's weird having 2, 3 and 4 in a similar style then 1 is just fixed cameras. Code Veronica should definitely happen though at some point.

Shokunin

Oct 25, 2017
The city beautiful
Yes, but only if they cut even more content than RE3. Reading the responses from CV fans for years would be hilarious.

In all honesty, I want a remake of RE1 in the vein of RE2/RE4.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why does RE5 need a remake at all? What does that game genuinely offer aside from shovelfuls of racism?
So they can make a game that doesn't have shovelfuls of racism but still connects to the rest of the franchise, doesn't needlessly sexualize Sheva, and brings it more in line with recent games.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So they can make a game that doesn't have shovelfuls of racism but still connects to the rest of the franchise, doesn't needlessly sexualize Sheva, and brings it more in line with recent games.

Why not just make an actual new third person RE then? Why does it have to be a remake?

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Code Veronica would benefit most from a remake because (unlike every other game in the series) the original skeleton is quite wanting. Multiple chokepoints, ridiculous backtracking, too few item boxes, utterly contemptible characters...they could do a lot. But they won't.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I wanted it remaking before RE4. Code Veronica, Zero, One, Outbreak, Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles could all have benefitted a ton more from a remake over the still incredibly playable and great RE4.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

The RE4.5 Concept would be pretty perfect for a remake and having a new entry that can drop the racism would be nice to have considering the entry is still canon and directly referenced in RE4make.

Like I dunno, I feel having a replacement that can fix the issues of the original would be better than just having what it is now stand for the rest of time.

Last edited:

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I'm in the "why not" camp. As the worst mainline RE game, CV has a ton to gain from a remake, and I'll ALWAYS petition as hard as possible for more of my girl Claire, but I just want any new RE release. I'm not passionate over getting anymore remakes instead of brand new sequels.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like CV is probably a game that would benefit the most from a remake because it is one of the lesser played "main" games. I don't really want a 5 remake u less they can figure out a way to make single player more bearable.

Ferrera

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2022
I think more of a remake of 5 and 6. It would be more a like a fixing than a remake but anyway they deserve it.

behOemoth

Oct 27, 2017
The plot is essential actually. I could also imagine that they are done with remakes and continue and two simultaneous trilogies while RE 9 will finish the Ethan plot.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Gross prospect and Shinji Mikamk's opinion on it is like the only time he's missed.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, I'll take it if they're gonna do it. Never played CV. I assume they're doing 5 next though, and I'd be super hyped for that.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Sure, if it is done with high quality. But there are some other Capcom games I'd rather see get remade first, such as God Hand, Devil Kings, DMC 1-3, and some others.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I love seeing the same thread every other 2 weeks around Reset.

And yes, the answer is Yes.

Reminder: Capcom shutdown the Veronica fan project. Take that as you will.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The unwritten rule is you don't remake bad games.
CV/CVX is in a very interesting spot.

When it came out, it was considered the best RE but as time when on it kind of became the poster child of all the issues that had been plaguing the IP (and the thing people would make fun of when it came to Survival Horror).

That weird "one prestigious" but now "more of a cult classic" aspect of it is why I think it would benefit from a remake. Especially since it would allow the RE2make classic style to come back after all the "action" we've been having between RE3, Village, and Re4make

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
Other people have said it, but CV is the one game that would benefit from a re-imagining/remake.

The original game is just... not very good, but lore-wise, it fills in a lot of gaps.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Veronica gets an unreasonable amount of shit. It's a fantastic RE game and a great sendoff to the tank control era of Resident Evil.
GIMME DAT Remake.

Claire deserves her time in the spotlight. Even though she is in RE2 and plays a big role let's be real Leon is the Star of that game.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
That'd be fine, but I kind of feel like Revelations 2 was a reimagining of Code Veronica. I'd prefer a more fleshed out Outbreak game.