• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Good lord it looks bad. Bear in mind the video is the first 2 hours so Spoiler alert.

You can really tell this was kickstarted by the voice acting most of all. It's really bad, but the biggest thing seems to be the gameplay. Just walking through narrow corridors lighting obstructions on fire, solving rudimentary puzzles and reading really poorly written notes.

I guess at 30 dollars you can't complain too much but boy, I had high hopes for this one and it doesn't seem to have ended well.

Loggjaw

Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna get this for my birthday but if it's that bad I will just wait till it's like 10 dollars.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This looks like a 2004 game that's 14 years too late to the party.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
Oh is this demon tits the video game?

I might watch it later.

So gameplay wise it's more like Gone Home then something more involved?

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Gamekult (French outlet) is currently reviewing it and:

"While waiting the full review, here are three screenshots perfectly summing up my time with this little gem."

Plus in other tweets:

- It's woefully bad (as far as he played), don't bother even if discounted.
- It is "between a prototype made by students and a mod for Half Life 2", nothing holds up beside a few moments thanks to the art direction (though the game seems poorly optimized and ugly if not on Ultra).

So yeah... :\

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That video killed my excitement for the game. Damn. The trailers made it look really insane and "spicy". The gameplay in OP looked just boring.

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not even remotely surprised this is garbage. No marketing whatsoever.

Jackpot

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You can really tell this was kickstarted by the voice acting most of all. It's really bad, but the biggest thing seems to be the gameplay. Just walking through narrow corridors lighting obstructions on fire, solving rudimentary puzzles and reading really poorly written notes.

Pretty much what I expected. Everyone kept going on about the art style but nobody seemed to be even mentioning the actual gameplay.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Plus the developers are going back on their promise to release an uncensored patch for the PC.

Fuck it.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I was going to cancel my order way before this, but then I saw that Amazon had shipped it already but had never sent the notification....

Plumpbiscuit

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently there's going to be no uncensored patch because they had been threatened with a studio shutdown if they would publish it. My guess is investors don't want their names attached to the game of this nature and threatened some lawsuits.

Not only that, yeah, the game looks downgraded to fuck, but the Agony mode sounds kinda interesting...?

Lt.Chips

Nov 4, 2017
Such a stark contrast against the previous trailers and screenshots. Watching the walkthrough video you can see it's really bad. Man.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
what ? they censored it ????
Yeah all versions are censored. To what extent is mostly unknown.
The developers said they would release a patch for the PC version to restore censored content. But now they are saying they wont for reasons.

To hell with it. Game looks crap anyway.

Napalmjam

Oct 25, 2017
I fell for trailers and bought it really struggling to get past the first mission its horrible :(

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Isn't that as of yet an unverified discord person that said they won't release a patch?

Video looks super washed out, can only hope the gamma is off in the video or something.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Always found the game to look like shit, so I'm not surprised. Still interested in reading the reactions though; sort of like looking at a car crash.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
damn, I always felt the game wasn't going to be great, but I hoped it would have made it through in the end.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
scorn-kickstarter-768x461.jpg

Lets hope Scorn fares better.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Noooo!

This is that game that was set in hell with babies getting hit by rocks? I was looking forward to it.

prudis

Oct 25, 2017
CZ
just FYI about the video .. this is what the uploader says
It's blurry because I added blur to avoid community strikes over showing flopping dicks and vaginas.

You can really tell this was kickstarted by the voice acting most of all. It's really bad, but the biggest thing seems to be the gameplay. Just walking through narrow corridors lighting obstructions on fire, solving rudimentary puzzles and reading really poorly written notes. .
iirc it was always supposed to br walaking sim-ish

Last edited:

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
If you're going to make a literal walking sim in hell, make the level design interesting. It looks like a Quake 1 modder went to town on some red and purple hallways that go in random directions.

Easy_D

Oct 28, 2017
I had a fear it was gonna end up like this after reading about the random permadeath survival mode. Shame because artwise it looks amazing

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell did they have to censor if they were getting threatened with a studio shutdown? This is only a gore game, right?

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
I don't see what's so horrible about this game tbh. I always expected a walking simulator with some survival ingredients and some puzzles. It looks good.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, they're not releasing the uncensor patch because of threats of being shutdown? It looks like this game is going to bomb critically and commercially so there's a good chance of that happening regardless, they should at least honor their word.