• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
In the third quarter of 2022, revenue grew by 7% to EUR 7.9 million. Development fees made up 95% and royalties 5% of the revenue. Key positive contributors were the development fees from Alan Wake 2 and Max Payne 1&2 Remake. At the same time, development fees from Codename Condor and Alan Wake Remastered and game royalties from Control decreased from the comparison period. Alan Wake Remastered and Crossfire did not generate royalties.

investors.remedygames.com

Remedy Entertainment Plc: Remedy’s investments in game projects continued, burdening profitability - Remedy investors

Remedy Entertainment Plc | Stock Exchange Release October 28, 2022, […]

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
I mean Crossfire was a complete failure and AWR came and went and I don't think much cared.

CupOfDoom

Dec 17, 2017
Was anyone expecting Crossfire to generate royalties (outside of Remedy who need the money lol).

The Alan Wake thing is a little surprising, but there isn't really a compelling reason to buy it if you already own the original on a platform you like. Sales for it will probably pick up once the hype for 2 starts to build.

Tonswelt

Aug 25, 2018
Germany
Very sad to hear about Alan Wake specifically. I really hope the sequel will manage to make the series popular. I'm a real sucker for the storytelling and style and I'd love to get more… and for that to be successful for Remedy.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
As a big Alan Wake fan, I didn't feel any need to get AW Remaster tbh.

It doesn't come with the American Nightmare spin-off (which legit has a much better combat from what I can remember), the actual remaster effort didn't seem that drastic of an improvement to incentivize me to replay it (for the fourth time), and the price is just a tad bit higher than what I would feel comfortable with considering the previous points I made about it. It also rarely goes on a decent sale (on PSN at least).

And they've already announced AW2, so it's not one of those "I'm gonna buy the remaster in hope of it doing well so we'd get a sequel" situation. Even before the proper AW2 announcement we pretty much knew a new AW was coming anyway because of the stuff in Control.

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I feel like Alan Wake just sort of came out of nowhere, while I enjoyed the game on 360 I had no real reason to revisit it but might at a discount eventually.

I don't even know what Crossfire is

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I probably would have been the target market for the Alan Wake remaster, but I'd played it about 6 months ago when they announced the remaster.

Grenchel

Oct 27, 2017
Alan Wake was way too much for what they were offering, and Crossfire looked like junk.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I love Alan Wake but because I played the shit out of the original release I don't see much reason to buy the game again.

But I'll be there day 1 for Alan Wake 2.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I was happy to pick up Alan Wake on PS5 finally but I doubt PC or Xbox players were as hyped for that launch. Was a pretty good game, can't wait to see what they do with the sequel

Edit: is the statement "... did not generate royalties" talking specifically about Q3 2022?

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
The Alan Wake Remaster looked pretty poor for a "remaster" (at least compared to the PC version) so this doesn't surprise me. Also not releasing day and date on Steam obviously is another huge issue.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
They should probably put Alan Wake Remastered on Steam

It wouldn't help. Charging 30-40$ for minimal improvements on PC even on Steam wouldn't sell well.

It's published and funded by Epic. The game and the sequel showing up on Steam are about as likely as Half-Life and Team Fortress showing up on EGS.
However....
Geforce leak had a Steam entry for Alan Wake Remastered with Epic Games as the publisher

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I was happy to pick up Alan Wake on PS5 finally but I doubt PC or Xbox players were as hyped for that launch. Was a pretty good game, can't wait to see what they do with the sequel

Edit: is the statement "... did not generate royalties" talking specifically about Q3 2022?

If it didn't generate royalties in Q3 it didn't generate them before. If Epic is failing to recoup costs from this smaller scope project released on 3 platforms (now with Switch on 4 platforms) then it will be interesting to see how will AW2 do.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Didn't see any worthwhile changes to pick up AW Remastered and Crossfire only being on Series while also one of the worst rated games of the year probably didn't help them to make money they wanted.