Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
AutoHDR doesn't work on all games. And it definitely doesn't work on XS games. So we don't know that.

It can, that's how Control got HDR on Xbox Series consoles.

jOP9KLz.png

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I'm probably late to the party on this, but super happy seeing confirmation in the FAQ that there will be a physical release.

Last edited:

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
www.dsogaming.com

Alan Wake - Original vs Remastered Official Comparison Screenshots

Remedy has released the first official comparison screenshots between the original and the remastered versions of Alan Wake.

Good upgrade. Still doesn't justify the game not being locked 4K on PS5 and XSX. Hopefully the res drop is very rare and 4K is locked in most scenes

Man, having to downscale the game to the X360 really did it no favours. The aggressive LOD cut-off in the third screenshot literally made me laugh out loud.

I played the X360 version back in the day and had a blast, but it truly was rather ugly overall. The volumetric lighting system was :chefkiss:, though.

Last edited:

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Man, having to downscale the game to the X360 really did it no favours. The aggressive LOD cut-off in the third screenshot literally made me laugh out of loud.

Glad we will be replaying this in proper presentation and on ps5 the added immersion with DS features. Sadly the lack of RT is a bugger, it could have added a lot to the game.

Oct 27, 2017
www.dsogaming.com

Alan Wake - Original vs Remastered Official Comparison Screenshots

Remedy has released the first official comparison screenshots between the original and the remastered versions of Alan Wake.

Good upgrade. Still doesn't justify the game not being locked 4K on PS5 and XSX. Hopefully the res drop is very rare and 4K is locked in most scenes
Thanks a ton for this. It was awesome putting both shots up on their own monitor to REALLY see. I guess it is a pretty good remaster. I already preordered, though I'm not sure why lol.

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
I must have missed this announcement. Sounds good, I never finished the game, ended up restarting it at least twice.

The repeated "This is for you" stuff in the announcement is extremely cringe inducing and gives me huge wafts of second hand embarrassment but I'm guessing it means something to this guy.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017

Ah thanks for clarification. I thought seeing the separate versions meant no free upgrade, cus other games have just one version and you get both in one purchase. AnywayI hope this still means if you get PS5 version, you will get PS4 version haha. So it would be wiser to get lower version to get them all, if this doesn't happen. XD

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I must have missed this announcement. Sounds good, I never finished the game, ended up restarting it at least twice.

The repeated "This is for you" stuff in the announcement is extremely cringe inducing and gives me huge wafts of second hand embarrassment but I'm guessing it means something to this guy.

To be fair, it was posted on an Alan Wake/Remedy fan site.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Ultrawide support has me so ready! d3t gives me some cause for concern after their Mafia II Definitive Edition port but that faq says all the right things.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
So, is my old 360 digital copy (that I never played) smart delivered and remastered to the XSX version...?

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Why is Target still the only retailer taking physical edition pre-orders? I got my order with them for one, but would have preferred elsewhere.

Oct 29, 2017
Not sure if I should get this on PC or PS5...not a fan of EGS but yeah. I'm assuming this/Control feels better with a controller? Has Dual Sense support been confirmed for the PS5 version?

What's REALLY silly is I've had the Alan Wake/American Nightmare in my Steam library for YEARS intending to play them and never did, now I'm basically paying full price for a remaster (although it's only $25 I think? Which is pretty great)...but I've always wanted to play it and I think I'd like to play the best possible version for my first playthrough.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if I should get this on PC or PS5...not a fan of EGS but yeah. I'm assuming this/Control feels better with a controller? Has Dual Sense support been confirmed for the PS5 version?

What's REALLY silly is I've had the Alan Wake/American Nightmare in my Steam library for YEARS intending to play them and never did, now I'm basically paying full price for a remaster...but I've always wanted to play it and I think I'd like to play the best possible version for my first playthrough.
DualSense support is confirmed. I personally prefer it with a controller, yeah. As for which platform, it's up to you. Do consider that Alan Wake 2 will likely release this generation, and you might want to have both games on the same platform.