• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LMAO @ desperate WWE fans furiously scrambling for any tenuous links to downplay AEWs progressiveness.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been following this closely but keep seeing news about AEW popping up. Cody and Brandi are executives within the organization, right?

Regardless, holy shit did this hit me. Brandi and Cody already strike me as amazing people despite being mostly unfamiliar with them and it's so awesome that a wrestling promotion of all things has a chance to be a face of tolerance and diversity. I'm absolutely floored right now.

You have my attention, AEW. Please don't fuck it up.

OP
OP
DMczaf

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
I haven't been following this closely but keep seeing news about AEW popping up. Cody and Brandi are executives within the organization, right?

Regardless, holy shit did this hit me. Brandi and Cody already strike me as amazing people despite being mostly unfamiliar with them and it's so awesome that a wrestling promotion of all things has a chance to be a face of tolerance and diversity. I'm absolutely floored right now.

You have my attention, AEW. Please don't fuck it up.

And at the event itself, there was an LBGT support booth at the entrance.

AEW doing it.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They don't have to look far. AEW is doing good things but they a lot to still work on.

I mean, sure, but the angle a lot of them are coming from is "How dare anyone be critical of the shitty things WWE does when they aren't 100% perfect themselves" instead of praising the positive steps AEW are taking whilst acknowledging there's always more to be done.