• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I saw this in theaters during the...30th or maybe 35th anniversary screenings they did and it's so great on the big screen. I'm big nope on theaters in a post covid world, but I'd consider going to one to see this again.

Oct 27, 2017
One of the many classics I've haven't seen, and would be cool to see for the first time on the big screen. Seeing Jurassic Park for the first time during the recent rerelease was sweet, and bummed I missed The Abyss.

LV-0504

Oct 6, 2022
For those that haven't yet had the pleasure, the 4K scan of this film will blow your pants off. Well worth making the effort for.

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
Hell yea, I loved this movie as a kid! Gonna try to dee this when they release the theaters

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
was fortunate enough to have seen a nice 35mm print of this a few years ago. the audience was completely bowled over by it. just a classic in every sense of the word.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
I think it was a year or two ago when they did the 4K/remaster for Aliens in theatre, didn't end up going.

Hopefully, Alien is out locally. Was fortunate enough to see it for some anniversary release or something like that a while back.

Waveset

Oct 30, 2017
Last year I saw a double bill of Alien and Aliens in the cinema - very, very worth going to see it!

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
I have owned this movie on VHS, DVD, Blu-ray (2 copies!), and 4K.
I should have no reason to go to a cinema to see this. But damn right I'll be there.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
ce6c3338-bb53-4498-aa3b-1c1db10d0ebc_text.gif

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
After playing Alien Isolation I'd absolutely be down for this. Hope this will be a global thing?

joedick

Mar 19, 2018
was fortunate enough to have seen a nice 35mm print of this a few years ago. the audience was completely bowled over by it. just a classic in every sense of the word.

Same. I don't know if it's still the case, but as of 5 or so years ago, this was one of the few films you could still rent (or whatever the term is) from the studio on 35mm.

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017
Yooooo, finally. This is one of the few older movies I've always wanted to see in a theater but circumstances never worked out.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
eh. no Premium formats. i think ill just watch it at home tbh. wanted to see this in imax or dolby

Vicman

Jan 29, 2024
Best Alien film by a large margin. I was ripped to shreds at the other forum back in the day for making such statement.

apstyl

Oct 25, 2017
It be a great way to preview Romulus to people a few months early - or at least an extended preview similar to what was shown at CinemaCon. I recall a Terminator1 showing at the Alamo Drafthouse was actually a secret screening of Dark Fate before it came out. 5 months early is probably way too much time to screen, perhaps. But D/Fox seem to be confident in it given how much they are having Fede talking about it already.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Starts this Friday, Tickets seem to be up now.

From what I could tell (At least in my area) they'll be showing it past this weekend as well (saw showings for Monday and Tuesday)

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
I went last night and it was awesome. Fully packed theater and you could hear a pin drop aside from a few gasps lol.

PirateHearts

Oct 27, 2017
North Texas
Saw it tonight. Despite being one of my favorite films of all time, it's been years since I last watched it. I think maybe close to five years? Little things felt different this time around.

I hadn't known there was a conversation between Fede Alvarez and Ridley Scott attached to this, so that was a fun surprise. Real excited to see how Romulus turns out.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I had the misfortune of sitting next to two teenagers who suffered from a minuscule attention span. Movie is about to begin and they come in talking to each other at full volume and sit literally right next to me. No buffer or anything. Just yammering away. During the conversation with Fede and Ridley they just kept talking and scrolling on their phones and I had enough. I turn to them and I say "Guys come on. Can you please stop talking?" They looked completely stunned. Like they couldn't believe I was asking this. I then said "Do you see any one else in here talking?" They shook their head.

They still whispered throughout the movie and I could tell they couldn't take it and they just started scrolling on their phones and messaging people. Probally each other about how rude I was.

Oh and the guy who brought his 6 year old behind me let him keep bumping into my chair.

I remember why I never go to the movies anymore.

Dogstar

Oct 29, 2017
I remember why I never go to the movies anymore.

Yeah, we always go to an early, weekday showing just for this reason. Going to the cinema became stressful, as there would always be someone, or multiple people in there who would spoil the experience. Unless its a comedy, which are few and far between, I don't care about the supposed 'atmosphere' of watching with a crowd. I just want to enjoy the film and not be disturbed. I'm almost at the point where I'm happy to wait and watch at home.

Imm0ralKnight

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Going for the doubleheader of The Mummy and Alien this Tuesday. Never saw these in theaters so I am excited to see it on the big screen.