Heysoos

Prophet of Truth
Nov 3, 2017
No delay on mine yet, still showing for the 22nd of this month. Keeping my fingers crossed.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Still annoyed that I'm early June. Though I at least got $130 off a support person because a different support dude guaranteed another date and complaining about that worked.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget with the delays if you contact support, they'll probably give you $50 off. That's what they did for me.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
My order (UK) moved to in production today, so possibly a new batch going out soon maybe?

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
My (US) order has been in production for a month.
Yeah I think the EU warehouse and US do it differently. The last batches in the EU shipped out not long after they went into production. Instead they're just holding most people on confirmed until they get stock in.

That's unless they change for this batch.

twisted89

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I think the EU warehouse and US do it differently. The last batches in the EU shipped out not long after they went into production. Instead they're just holding most people on confirmed until they get stock in.

That's unless they change for this batch.

Mine went to production late yesterday and has now shipped. Pretty much confirms these delay dates were automatic and completely made up.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
So after a lot of experimenting with the monitor, I settled on running the monitor the vast majority of the time in SDR using creator mode using the sRGB color space and a 2.2 gamma. Then when I have some HDR content that I have to manually switch to I just use the win + alt + b key combo to change it back and forth. As long as you don't change the picture mode while in HDR it will retain your creator mode for when you switch back to SDR.

Simonnnnn

Oct 27, 2017
Ordered at 12 minutes after launch in UK 22nd March.
Delays then went as follows

Initially marked for delivery 24/03 then 6/04 then 22/04 and finally 06/05.
Got dispatched on Friday out of the blue.

Nice, ordered the same day at 8:46 iirc and was marked for 24/03, 22/04 and now 26/05. Seems like the queue is moving quite swiftly so that gives me hope.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Think it's up to about 25-30 past that's been sent out now.

Mine shipped on Sunday but not really got any word of when they'll deliver it, the tracking link I got given said they haven't even received it yet which doesn't make too much sense. Just hoping it's before the bank holidays I guess, would be pretty sad otherwise.

OP
OP
Vanta Aurelius
Oct 27, 2017
ATL
Does anyone here use Display CAL to finetune calibration? I wanted know if there was was a good profile for the aw3423dw?

On a similar note, what monitor settings do people have/use for SDR and HDR content?

Ziyi

Banned
Mar 24, 2022
If anyone ordered this product within the last two weeks and then subsequently received theirs, it'd be much appreciated if you could respond to this thread. It would help to determine the approximate order date to the shipping date and finally to delivery.

Thank you! :)

EDIT: Please also state if you're from the US, UK or the EU (forget to mention this!)

Last edited:

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Well there might have been some rhyme or reason to the dates people got given in EU/UK, since people who ordered later did get later dates but they don't seem very accurate at all. Also if you miss the date it seems like they just add a month on automatically without it actually meaning much.

After the first month delivery delay on launch from overselling they changed the shipping date to be earlier without the delivery date being changed. It missed the shipping date causing a month delay email to be sent again but a few days after it still got shipped. Makes me think that the shipment just came in late or something and the shipping date they updated to was somewhat accurate. So in the UK/EU at least there may be some hope if you see your shipping date change.

Simonnnnn

Oct 27, 2017
Well there might have been some rhyme or reason to the dates people got given in EU/UK, since people who ordered later did get later dates but they don't seem very accurate at all. Also if you miss the date it seems like they just add a month on automatically without it actually meaning much.

After the first month delivery delay on launch from overselling they changed the shipping date to be earlier without the delivery date being changed. It missed the shipping date causing a month delay email to be sent again but a few days after it still got shipped. Makes me think that the shipment just came in late or something and the shipping date they updated to was somewhat accurate. So in the UK/EU at least there may be some hope if you see your shipping date change.

Makes some form of sense.

I ordered at 8:46 and had confirmation several minutes later on 22nd March. Was then pushed to 22nd April and then 26th May a couple days later again. No movement since

Ziyi

Banned
Mar 24, 2022
Yes, they're completely made up and basically placeholders to keep customers from pestering CS. They just ship without warning.
Same. I ordered mine on March 15 (US) with an estimated delivery date of June 11. I haven't heard of anyone in the US having this monitor shipped to them in the last few weeks.

So if you haven't received yours nor have you heard of anyone receiving theirs within the last few weeks, then the delivery date shown on the website is essentially telling customers that you can expect a delivery from now until the delivery date listed on the website.

twisted89

Oct 27, 2017
So if you haven't received yours nor have you heard of anyone receiving theirs within the last few weeks, then the delivery date shown on the website is essentially telling customers that you can expect a delivery from now until the delivery date listed on the website.
Not exactly sound logic - mine was delayed a total of 3 times before it shipped out of the blue.

Ziyi

Banned
Mar 24, 2022
Not exactly sound logic - mine was delayed a total of 3 times before it shipped out of the blue.

Shipping is different from delivery. Things may have stabilized with logistics since product launch (we're now a few weeks in) so it's not a stretch to highlight that the ETA on the website is more correctly aligned with the actual delivery date provided that you're a new customer of course.

twisted89

Oct 27, 2017
Shipping is different from delivery. Things may have stabilized with logistics since product launch (we're now a few weeks in) so it's not a stretch to highlight that the ETA on the website is more correctly aligned with the actual delivery date provided that you're a new customer of course.
Eh??

It can't be delivered unless it's shipped so I'm not sure what planet you're on that they're mutually exclusive.

If you want me to be pedantic - my shipping AND delivery dates were delayed 3 times.

Ziyi

Banned
Mar 24, 2022
Eh??

It can't be delivered unless it's shipped so I'm not sure what planet you're on that they're mutually exclusive.

If you want me to be pedantic - my shipping AND delivery dates were delayed 3 times.

Shipping date can be mutually exclusive from a delivery date and that's the point. A shipping date means when the item is being sent off for a delivery and when you're expected to receive it is the estimated delivery date. If every website stated only the shipping date, you wouldn't have a clue when it's going to arrive at your doorstep would you?

Uncivil

Feb 2, 2018
Based on my cc being authorized it seems like shipments go out about every 7 business days. I spoke with Dell support regarding the authorizations, he said they batch authorize orders when they have stock available to ship, so if you are seeing your card be reauthorized then the order should be shipping "relatively" soon.

I've also been following the [H]ardForum. And a few late April / Early May US shipments have been getting delivered over the past couple weeks. People with April 27th through May 4th delivery dates. This is would explain the repeated authorizations for me, as my order is listed as a May 4th delivery date.

Who knows though, the customer support rep could have just been blowing smoke up my ass to close the chat.

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
just ordered mine a couple days ago so not expecting it until late June but i am very, very excited.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone actually received this yet, I'm eager for some hands on impressions.
I've been very impressed with mine so far. Probably the happiest I've been with a monitor in the past decade or so. Feels like monitors might finally be catching up with TVs again in picture quality.

The negatives I've experienced so far is meh grey uniformity and the text issues. The former I expected going in since grey uniformity has universally been an issue on OLED panels, fortunately it's not anywhere near as bad as the LG TV panels, and I can't say it's too noticeable unless you've got your head closer to the monitor on a solid grey section. As for the latter I've kind of got used to it after messing with the clear type stuff, so it's genuinely not bothering me any more.

The upsides of the monitor more than make up for it in that games genuinely look amazing on it. Good colours, smooth clear motion, and the HDR is very good for a monitor too.

twisted89

Oct 27, 2017
Shipping date can be mutually exclusive from a delivery date and that's the point. A shipping date means when the item is being sent off for a delivery and when you're expected to receive it is the estimated delivery date. If every website stated only the shipping date, you wouldn't have a clue when it's going to arrive at your doorstep would you?

I honestly don't know what you're talking about at this point.
You're arguing a meaningless detail; if your shipping date is delayed so is your delivery date and vice versa.

Regardless of this, it's been made clear any "ETA" (whether shipping or delivery date) from Dell is completely fabricated and they have no idea when and how much stock they'll receive.

Ziyi

Banned
Mar 24, 2022
I honestly don't know what you're talking about at this point.
You're arguing a meaningless detail; if your shipping date is delayed so is your delivery date and vice versa.

Regardless of this, it's been made clear any "ETA" (whether shipping or delivery date) from Dell is completely fabricated and they have no idea when and how much stock they'll receive.

Well it's obvious you don't understand because you can't grasp the difference between the two. Let's end the conversation here.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
I've been very impressed with mine so far. Probably the happiest I've been with a monitor in the past decade or so. Feels like monitors might finally be catching up with TVs again in picture quality.

The negatives I've experienced so far is meh grey uniformity and the text issues. The former I expected going in since grey uniformity has universally been an issue on OLED panels, fortunately it's not anywhere near as bad as the LG TV panels, and I can't say it's too noticeable unless you've got your head closer to the monitor on a solid grey section. As for the latter I've kind of got used to it after messing with the clear type stuff, so it's genuinely not bothering me any more.

The upsides of the monitor more than make up for it in that games genuinely look amazing on it. Good colours, smooth clear motion, and the HDR is very good for a monitor too.

Excellent thanks for the post!

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
I guess we'll find out if the date on the store matters by next week, which is when it seems like a bulk of the US orders were pushed back to. Mine was delayed twice, always on the date it was supposed to ship and now shows a delivery date of April 28.

Has anyone in the US even received their order yet? Whenever I see someone posting about receiving their order early, it's always been from a different country.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I guess we'll find out if the date on the store matters by next week, which is when it seems like a bulk of the US orders were pushed back to. Mine was delayed twice, always on the date it was supposed to ship and now shows a delivery date of April 28.

Has anyone in the US even received their order yet? Whenever I see someone posting about receiving their order early, it's always been from a different country.
Other than those who got theirs a few after launch. Haven't seen anyone in the US get one. Ship dates got pushed to late May/June for everyone else in the US.

Heysoos

Prophet of Truth
Nov 3, 2017
Delayed to June 16th. Rip :(

Original ship date was April 22 with a delivery date of the 26th.