• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so sold on this movie. It looks cool as hell. The eyes were never a problem to me though.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Barring a miracle, it's going to be domestic box office poison - but I think I'm personally interested now. Definitely worth an A-List spot.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
"You are the most human person, I have ever met."

latest

Lol that line got a hell of an eyeroll from me.

Otherwise it seemed like it could actually be fun. Wasn't planning to, but I think I'll check this out at some point.

Oct 27, 2017
The eyes look much better but I still don't get why they even did it.

I can't nbe they only one thinking it would be better to not have CGI in the first place.

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I wanted to say this looks quite anime, but the truth is... it has more of a manga feel, which is a good thing considering we're talking about BA:A.

Mildly optimistic.

mm04

Oct 27, 2017
I will definitely be purchasing this on 3D Blu-ray when it gets released in the UK, which it should. Amazon UK is my go to spot for my 3D Blu-ray fix. And 3D on an OLED is spectacular, FYI.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Of course there's a love story there as well. God forbid we have a Hollywood movie without one.
With a fucking destructive robot. Ugh

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
I think yesterday's Detective Pikachu's trailer helped normalize Alita's look...great timing Cameron and Rodriguez lol

Hope the final film turns out to be alright.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the other trailers well enough, but it just keeps looking better all the time. Wish this was still a holiday flick as I'm really excited to see it, but it really looks like it'll be worth the wait.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks good. Yeah, the eyes are there but it doesn't bother me now. Unsure of the director but looks like you can see what is going on which is a plus!

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Still looks kind of lame to me. I hope the James Cameron name pulls a TON of weight on this one, because he's the only person that can seemingly make a high-concept CG-driven sci fi film that doesn't bomb spectacularly. These type of movies usually absolutely tank at the box office.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
With the blood under her eyes I finally get why they made them so big, it's definitely a lot more iconic that way. Still clashes with the rest of the characters though.

The dialogue is very corny I'm afraid.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
It's one of the better early arcs.
Yeah, I'm just surprised that they're basically fitting four books into one movie. They'll have to be some pretty major cuts.

Of course there's a love story there as well. God forbid we have a Hollywood movie without one.
With a fucking destructive robot. Ugh
That's directly from the manga

Spoiler alert:
The cute love interest is actually a black market organ dealer

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, this too is an improvement upon the original trailer at least.
In the manga, only her body looks robotic. Her face appears human. The bigger eyes is a movie thing.
This.
Yeah, I'm just surprised that they're basically fitting four books into one movie. They'll have to be some pretty major cuts.

That's directly from the manga

Spoiler alert:
The cute love interest is actually a black market organ dealer
I am VERY curious as to how they intend to handle
just what a scoundrel Hugo turned out to be. Maybe make it so that he only scavenges spines from the dead, or perhaps go in a different direction entirely? Would be surprised if they have the nerve to play it straight.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
Going into this movie with no idea of what it's about beyond what has been shown these trailers are building some big excitement. Looking spectacular. I have no idea how that arena battle fits into all this but it's great. They're really showcasing the violence aspect which was something that was a concern from some fans solely based on the rating. Rodriguez has made some violent movies so that concern may have been overstated.
The visuals look much improved from the first trailers. They're making good use of the delays.
Now for some tracks from JunkieXL.
They're making it worth the wait.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I am VERY curious as to how they intend to handle
just what a scoundrel Hugo turned out to be. Maybe make it so that he only scavenges spines from the dead, or perhaps go in a different direction entirely? Would be surprised if they have the nerve to play it straight.
Yeah, the PG-13 rating is my biggest worry with the film. I'm hoping they keep as much of the the original vibe as possible.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Going into this movie with no idea of what it's about beyond what has been shown these trailers are building some big excitement. Looking spectacular. I have no idea how that arena battle fits into all this but it's great. They're really showcasing the violence aspect which was something that was a concern from some fans solely based on the rating. Rodriguez has made some violent movies so that concern may have been overstated.
The visuals look much improved from the first trailers. They're making good use of the delays.
Now for some tracks from JunkieXL.
They're making it worth the wait.
The source material is much too violent for the PG-13 rating they're going for, so things being toned down will be a given.

Deleted member 907

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"I'm an insignificant girl" is a callback to the anime. That was the title of the song from the end credits.

Jennifer Connelly is dead. I hope we see Jashugan.

Deleted member 10612

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why didnt they go full on fx on this, every scene with a real human looks green screened and out of place.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like a fun flick so I'll likely catch in theaters. Even if the story is trash, I expect it to be more interesting than Avatar.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
This is both manga and anime right? Is there like a clip (of the anime) out there of a motorball match?

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Is the story actually good? Why dont they do cool shit like Bubblegum Crisis or Gunsmith Cats, they'd sell better to a mainstream audience as well I'm sure. Although anime is super mainstream nowadays anyway, right?

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Can we start a "Give us the normal sized eyes cut" petition? It doesn't look completely horrible when she's the only thing in the shot (like a somewhat expensive CGI anime) but juxtaposed with actual human beings, she just looks ridiculous.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
"I'm an insignificant girl" is a callback to the anime. That was the title of the song from the end credits.

Jennifer Connelly is dead. I hope we see Jashugan.
Downplaying her significance was a factor in the lyrics of the song, but the title of the OVA's end credits theme itself was Cyborg Mermaid.

And yeah, would be very surprised to see Jennifer Connelly make it out alive, given what happens to her anime-only character. Jashugan should at least be a possibility, given accounting for the Motorball arc.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
I wonder if they're gonna keep everything as is (such as one of the seemingly good characters actually being a dick). This is also going to pack like four volumes into one movie, which could be way too packed. It does look fairly faithful over all. I'm skeptical and I wish that Cameron was at the head of this, but I'll still watch it in theaters.