• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Very cool! I'm a little surprised Nintendo made it in given their sole focus on games but it's great nonetheless

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
There are many lists but they all are kind of similar on the positions.
Obviously Microsoft is one of the biggest companies in the world, still competing for the #1 spot with Amazon, Google, and Apple.
Sony always comes several dozen spots behind and Nintendo way lower.
It's not a new trend, but yea, all 3 are doing very good lately and that's very good for healthy industry.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Expected for Microsoft and Sony, but Nintendo joining the ranks of Facebook, Coca-Cola, IKEA, and Starbucks is a welcome surprise.

Zool

Oct 28, 2017
Amazing how young companies like Amazon and Google (20 years old) are ruling the world.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
amazing how nintendo made it considering unlike the other two they solely (or mostly) focus on video games

edit: and seems like no other video company is in the list

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually a bit surprised to see Microsoft so high up. Top 10 yeah, but Top 5? I guess Windows still has a lot of cache, even if they're lagging behind in their other markets.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Nintendo oficially healed from the Wii U disaster. If they keep it up with their upcoming projects outside gaming such as their themed parks and Mario movie, they are certainly gonna quickly escalate the list.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
I'm actually a bit surprised to see Microsoft so high up. Top 10 yeah, but Top 5? I guess Windows still has a lot of cache, even if they're lagging behind in their other markets.

Windows is a small part of their current business. They are doing alot of the same cloud infrastructure and business software solutions that Amazon does.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
Also I wonder how this list is calculated. I mean as a IT employee I of course know Cisco but ask average person and 99.9% have no idea. How it's in top 20?

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

Alcibiades

Banned
Feb 3, 2018
What? Microsoft is HUGE in the B2B market. 80% of our business comes from Microsoft products (we're a Fortune 500 company).

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Windows is a small part of their current business. They are doing alot of the same cloud infrastructure and business software solutions that Amazon does.
I'd wager more people know Microsoft for Office these days than anything else.

Nintendo the comeback kid.
More like "Return of the Old Master," given their age.

Also note that this is primarily about brand recognition more than anything else; the Coca-Cola company has several entries on the list, for example.

("Salesforce"? Surprised to see it on the list at all...)

Nov 13, 2017
Very, very surprised to see Cisco, GE, Oracle, American Express, SAP, etc so high up.

This is for global brands? Seems very American focused.

Aug 17, 2018
I''m surprised the MS brand is valued so high. MS is seen as a stodgy corporate computing brand, yet somehow it's value is high.