CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Control Ultimate Edition is now out both physically and digitally for Xbox, and it touts optimizations for Series X (it even lists Series X first on the cover), but I have not been able to find any information as to what the next gen upgrades will even entail. Is the upgrade coming for launch? Is ray tracing a thing? Do we know something that I have missed?

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it doesn't freeze any more when you exit the menu. That'd be a pretty big upgrade. 🤣

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
nope. we know nothing. probably won't know anything until next month, 505 is hiding.

Azaan60

Mar 18, 2020
Nope. They've gone radio silent ever since the backlash.

They haven't said anything.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't heard anything at all but you would assume ray tracing right? Seeing as Control is one of the poster children for that on PC.

Pocky4Th3Win

Oct 31, 2017
Minnesota
It will probably just be some of the settings from the pc version that the consoles couldn't handle at the time. Doubt they are reworking the game.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would assume that it would just be the ultra settings on PC.

4k 30 fps with raytracing.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Nope. They've gone radio silent ever since the backlash.

They haven't said anything.
I mean. It's possible that I might buy the game again since I'm not getting upgrade (last time I buy a Remedy game at launch), but I think it sucks they're still trying to sell the "Ultimate Edition with upgrade" and still haven't even said what the upgrades will be.
I haven't heard anything at all but you would assume ray tracing right? Seeing as Control is one of the poster children for that on PC.
That's what I'm hoping. I don't really have a ray-tracing capable PC so I'm hoping this will at least get me something playable I can mess with.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hopefully it doesn't freeze any more when you exit the menu. That'd be a pretty big upgrade. 🤣
Ugh. Seriously, I'd be far less upset about them being greedy SOBs about this if the original game actually RAN well. A free upgrade would be more of an APOLOGY for that shoddy performance.

But my understanding is, well, yeah. It should have a smoother high framerate, less stutter, less texture pop-in, etc. Possibly the PC version's raytracing.

I'm back to being angry at the performance again. I like the game, a lot, but... UGH. It actually made me nauseous.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully 60 FPS. Despite all the kerfuffle with the ultimate edition, I've been itching for a replay with all the DLC. Maybe attempt the plat.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
The DF video on this will be very interesting. The game runs pretty smooth on XSX with regular BC already. Would be a mess if the next gen version wouldn't bring that many benefits in the end. Would be fitting for this whole mess though.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
As much as I loved this game, I will not be giving 505/Remedy any money due to how they are handling this. The fact that we know next to nothing about the enhancements further confirms that they are just fucking people over. I own the deluxe edition which contains the DLC and being told that the only way to get next gen versions is to buy the new version is pretty fucking bad. I own every Remedy game and have supported them since they existed...but weather it is 505 or a combination of both 505 and Remedy I am really am pissed they are doing this.