• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
PS5_PEGI%20(1).jpg

AitD_XBS3_PEGI.jpg

Psychological horror and Southern Gothic meet in this revisit of the survival-horror classic Alone in the Dark This love letter to the cult game of the 90s will make you live a story as sinister as memorable through the eyes of one of the two protagonists. As Edward Carnby or Emily Hartwood, explore the various environments, fight monsters, solve puzzles and discover the terrible truth about Derceto's mansion... In the deep south of the United States during the 1920s, Emily Hartwood's uncle disappeared. Accompanied by private detective Edward Carnby, she goes in search of him in the mansion of Derceto, a psychiatric asylum where prowls... Something. You will meet strange occupiers, nightmarish kingdoms, dangerous monsters, and lift the veil on an evil conspiracy. At the confluence between reality, mystery and madness, the adventure that awaits you may undermine your certainties. Who are you going to trust, what are you going to believe and what will you do next?‎

‎· Explore Derceto's mansion in this revisit of Alone in the Dark, a true love letter to the 90s horror classic.‎

‎· Go back to the roots of psychological horror and experience an atmospheric adventure worthy of the game that founded the genre.‎

‎· Immerse yourself in a world punctuated by sounds that will give you goosebumps against a backdrop of doom jazz as memorable as it is hypnotic.‎

‎· Feel the adrenaline as you desperately try to survive a world where reality is beginning to crumble, evil lurks in every shadow, and ammunition is scarce.‎

‎· Experience this nightmare from the perspective of Emily Hartwood or Edward Carnby and unearth the dark secrets of a Gothic mansion.‎

‎· Go beyond imagination through a complex psychological story written by cult screenwriter Mikael Hedberg, author of SOMA and Amnesia.‎

Macija

Aug 14, 2018
" ‎· Go beyond imagination through a complex psychological story written by cult screenwriter Mikael Hedberg, author of SOMA and Amnesia.‎ "

Awesome.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Pieces Interactive​

Pieces Interactive have released over ten titles on PC, Console and Mobile since 2007, both our own concepts such as Puzzlegeddon, Fret Nice, Leviathan Warships, Robo Surf and Kill to Collect, as well as work for hire titles such as Magicka 2 and several DLCs for Magicka. Our client list includes Paradox Interactive, Koei Tecmo, Arrowhead Game Studios, Koch Media and RaceRoom Entertainment.

In 2017, Pieces Interactive were acquired by Embracer Group after working with the expansion for Titan Quest, Titan Quest: Ragnarök.

Our latest release is the third expansion for Titan Quest, Titan Quest: Atlantis.

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
Those shots look great!
Looking forward to it – more than to the Resi 4 Remake to be honest.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Looks and sounds great, and the SOMA guy writing it makes me very positive it'll be a good story too.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This looks like a job listening to work on the game

PROGRAMMER

At Pieces Interactive we are working on an exciting current-generation (PS5, XSX/S, PC), 3rd-person adventure game and are planning to expand our team. We're a mid-size company at around 35 people. Working here, you get the best of both worlds – A large project with a lot of competence, with the intimacy of a small team. You'll get to know everyone during lunch gaming, coffee breaks or after work activities.

We are currently looking for a talented Programmer to join our development team in Skövde, Sweden. Our current project is moving toward its end phase and you would be a valuable addition to the tech team in this interesting and fast paced period.

Responsibilities:

• Be an integral part of the tech team, using C++ and blueprints to implement new features and systems
  • Write well documented and maintainable code
  • Take ownership of tasks, implementing new features and systems
  • Improve existing workflows, features and systems to a shipping quality
Qualifications:

• Good knowledge of C++
  • 2+ years of experience with Unreal Engine
  • Ability to write maintainable code
  • Motivated and well-organized
  • Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team
  • Fluent in English
Good to have things:

• Released title on console
  • Working with and setting up proper CI
  • Interest in performance and profiling
  • Experience with Python
  • Experience with Perforce
  • Experience working on third-person games with action elements
This position is full time and based in our office in Skövde but for the right candidate we are open to discuss part time distance work. Our office is happy with diversity and encourages women, people of color, differently abled, and the LGBTQIA2S+ to apply without hesitation. To apply please provide us with your résumé/CV. We review applications continuously and wish to fill the position as soon as possible.

Personal suitability is more important than specific work experience so don't hesitate to send your application to [email protected]. We are looking forward to hearing from you!

Programmer — Pieces

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
Looks and sounds pretty solid. I think I'm in.

Only played the 360 one and that was kinda dumb in good and bad ways. This definitely looks better, though.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
" ‎· Go beyond imagination through a complex psychological story written by cult screenwriter Mikael Hedberg, author of SOMA and Amnesia.‎ "

Awesome.

81d04cade43228b154d48b79dcd94c32.png

I need to see the game in motion first but this alone rocketed it nearly to a guaranteed Day 1 Buy.

Also, looks like a substantial portion of the game is set outside of the estate inside a city environment? That's... very intriguing. Also, I know pirates were a big focus on AITD2, but in the first game don't you fight an undead pirate captain boss to get a key item? It's been so long I can barely recall.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Ooh, I appreciate games with spooky skeletons like that when games these days (like Skyrim) lose all the scariness by giving them glowing eyes or something.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
But will it have a magnificently terrible car action segment? That's what's really important here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Combat is going to be janky as shit but if they nail story and atmosphere we are good.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
The OG is coming back to reclaim their crown. You love to see it. I hope it won`t be a turd.

Oct 25, 2017
Something seems weirdly off with those over the shoulder screens. But, prerelease footage. And getting the writer from SOMA and Amnesia is incredibly inspired so they might have something here.

Empty Your Head

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 1, 2022
Guessing this is cross-generation based on the screenshots. Hopefully the story and atmosphere are there to carry it.

These developers seem pretty good. As I recall, the Titan Quest expansions were seen as pretty positive.

Oct 28, 2017
Played a hell of a lot of Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare on Game Boy Colour. Blew my wee child mind to have a "3D" game on the GBC.

Suppose I'll keep an eye on this game.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Amnesia and SOMA writer being on board made me go from "Meh" to very interested.

You know what, actually it doesn't look too bad. Getting a slight Evil within feel from it with the old AITD era.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
This is all looking and sounding way more promising than I expected it to.

Will reserve judgement until we see the game in action, but my interest is piqued.

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
This is looking promising as an horror game, but it doesn't look like a proper Alone in the Dark game in the sense the first game was. Having two screenshots with guns and seemingly action sequences doens't sell me a game all about puzzles and barely any fights. I hope it will still be lovecraftian.

Nothing will ever beats the french version of the first game, and more than that, the reading of Hartwood's diary.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19CRgprTHA0&t=2181s

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Horror fans are feasting right now… REm4ke, The Callisto Protocol, Dead Space, (Silent Hill), The Last Of Us Part I, Alone in the Dark…

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
This is looking promising as an horror game, but it doesn't look like a proper Alone in the Dark game in the sense the first game was. Having two screenshots with guns and seemingly action sequences doens't sell me a game all about puzzles and barely any fights. I hope it will still be lovecraftian.

Nothing will ever beats the french version of the first game, and more than that, the reading of Hartwood's diary.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19CRgprTHA0&t=2181s

Yeah, I wouldn't expected they are going to make a game that's a full retail release that will be much like the first one, in that sense, nowadays

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Horror fans are feasting right now… REm4ke, The Callisto Protocol, Dead Space, (Silent Hill), The Last Of Us Part I, Alone in the Dark…
Out of these six games, five are remakes. I personally don`t feel like feasting. ;)
Here`s hoping all of this will lead to new IPs or fresh ideas in the genre.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm always down for games that play like 3rd Person RE with Horror. Glad its Alone in the Dark coming back.

Cr1st0

Oct 28, 2017
If I'm not mistaken, wasn't this game once shown as a first person horror game. Or a screenshot were you could look down your coat and see the weapons and items?

This was a long time ago. Maybe a Gamepro magazine?

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
If I'm not mistaken, wasn't this game once shown as a first person horror game. Or a screenshot were you could look down your coat and see the weapons and items?

That was in the 2008 game. Some actions were in first person, like looking in your inventory. That was actually a pretty cool idea.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020

There was a first person multiplayer game that came out a few years ago that died quick. And as mentioned, there were similar sequences in the 2008 game. But this is the first we are seeing anything about this game, no one knew it even existed until it was leaked

Kafkaswaffle

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, as a fan of the original series, I am interested, but not hopeful.
Also, shame about THQ Nordic as the publisher and rights holder for AitD.