• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
So it's been a while since I have done a play through of the Witcher 3. Looking at the graphics mods available on PC and knowing CDPR is working with the modders on the enhanced edition I honestly don't think whatever is coming will be better than what's available via mods currently.

Currently I came across Wabbajack when modding Skyrim again. For those who don't know Wabbajack had a bunch of mods in install lists and it auto downloads the mods from the Nexus and installs them for you. Depending on the one you select there may be some additional steps but there are some that are basically no touch auto install.

I see a Witcher 3 section in Wabba jack but dont't see anything in there. Does anyone know of any other places someone might have a wabbajack collection for TW3? If not are there other options instead of having to now install over 100 mods manually and will automate the load order?

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Not seen anything like that, and I've been modding Witcher 3 since release. Authors would need to give permission and the nature of w3 modding with its scripts needing merging is more complex. Your best bet is to pick a few you like or check a guide on nexus for complete modding lists and install/load order.

I'm currently using this one but without reshade, it's long but thorough and kept up to date with fixes and improvements

OP
OP
hlhbk

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
Not seen anything like that, and I've been modding Witcher 3 since release. Authors would need to give permission and the nature of w3 modding with its scripts needing merging is more complex. Your best bet is to pick a few you like or check a guide on nexus for complete modding lists and install/load order.

I'm currently using this one but without reshade, it's long but thorough and kept up to date with fixes and improvements

Yes. Thanks for that! With having a 2 year old my gaming is pretty much limited to when he goes to bed for like 3 hours so I was hoping for an easier way to do this. I'll keep watching this thread but if nothing comes up that's a great guide!

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Small hijack but I'm the same spirit, w3 is. Ow like what six years old? How's it aged? Does it need qol mods? I played like 8 hours back in the day but was getting an agoraphobic nosebleed from open worlds at the time but would like to give it another go

Xalbur

Mar 30, 2019
Nexus mods is already doing "collections" in beta atm, not as robust as Wabbajack but the same idea, you just pick a collection and it would dl and install a group of mods.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
Looking at the graphics mods available on PC and knowing CDPR is working with the modders on the enhanced edition I honestly don't think whatever is coming will be better than what's available via mods currently.

Wait, is it actually confirmed that CDPR are working with the modders on Nexus?

I wonder if the enhanced edition will somehow crap out the current existing mods, as in they just won't work anymore?

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, is it actually confirmed that CDPR are working with the modders on Nexus?

I wonder if the enhanced edition will somehow crap out the current existing mods, as in they just won't work anymore?

HD Reworked modder works with CDPR on Next-Gen upgrade for example. But next-gen texture upgrade will be also released as mod

OP
OP
hlhbk

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
FYI I tried Special K's HDR for Witcher 3 and no matter what I tweaked it looked washed out.

OP
OP
hlhbk

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
I am so craving the PS5/Series X update to replay the game. I have been holding off from replaying the game for years at this point. Have there been any news on this since the unfortunate delay to somewhere in 2022? :(

My advice is don't wait. Nothing CDPR releases will look as good or bring the qol adjustments mods already provide.

maxx720

Nov 7, 2017
I am so craving the PS5/Series X update to replay the game. I have been holding off from replaying the game for years at this point. Have there been any news on this since the unfortunate delay to somewhere in 2022? :(
I had the itch to replay after watching season 2 on Netflix but I will hold out until the next Gen update.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty much the only W3 mod I'm interested in trying my next playthrough is the first-person mod.

It's tweaked so that when you're in combat it goes to 3rd person, but when walking around (and I think on the horse too) it goes to 1st person.

I love the Witcher 3, but I think being in 1st person for a lot of it would be a big boost to the immersion in the world.

Fingers-crossed I can install the mod on Steam Deck, that's probably where I'll replay it next.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017