lumenflower

Jan 8, 2018
NY
The Evil Within 2. It was my goty 2017. No, for real. After being disappointed with the original game, the fact that I loved and had so much fun with the sequel put it above everything else that year for me.

Absolutely adore that game, but it performed super bad. If I had to guess why, I'd say a lot of people were turned off by the original and didn't pick it up... I know that was my reason for almost passing on it. A real shame. Will be waiting for DLC/sequel for the rest of my life...

MegaMix

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sin & Punishment 2. It easily Treasure's best game, best rail shooter, and the best game on the Wii period. I have no idea why it sold poorly. It was well marketed, came out at a time when arcade shooters on the Wii were all the craze, and the game was, as said, incredible.

Indie Games: The Thread

Some stand out ones:

Aces Wild - Astro Boy: The Omega Factor but much more hardcore and tactical. Game is fun as hell, but apparently didn't sell that hot.

Noitu Love 2 - Incredible game that was released just as the indie scene was getting started. It was priced too high at the time (this was an era when $15 was considered "high" for an indie game).

Aurion: Legacy of Kori-Odan - A Cameroon company is essentially trying to make African fantasy lore in the vein of Dungeons and Dragons with Western or Feudal Japan Folklore, and succeeded. The game is essentially a 2D Tales game but in African fantasy.

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
Gravity Rush 2: Absolute tragedy the game flopped, one of the best games this generation and we will probably never hear from this franchise again.

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn; mean I get why...but I'm sad that the sales probably dashed all hope for the series to continue.

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
Warhawk - Overshadowed by the whole PS3 launch debacle but the game was amazing and would be an amazing fit for the F2P market of this gen or next.

Dishonoured - All the games. They were superb but overlooked by so many. Makes me very sad.

Prey - Another game overlooked by many. Really nailed the atmosphere and world you inhabited.

Pyre - My favourite from Supermassive Games which is saying a lot since I adore Transistor too. The characters and progression was great and the matches were enjoyable too.

The Banner Saga Trilogy - The whole trilogy is out now and I'll admit the first game had some gameplay issues but they were addressed in the 2nd and 3rd games. The amount of time between each game likely meant quite a few people missed the next chapters but honestly now all 3 are out give them a try if you love SRPGs.

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun - For all of you who enjoyed the Commando games of old this is its spiritual successor set in Asia. I had a blast playing through this.

I could list more but those are the ones which initially pop up in my head.

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
Gravity Rush 2, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, seeing the sales for both of those games shattered my heart

softtack

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WipEout HD. These games just don't sell do they? I guess this is why Nintendo won't release F-Zero. Such a small market.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
PREY

And I am currently playing OnRush thanks to PS+ and I am having a blast. Really made racing games fun for me again.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
The Dishonored games and Deus Ex Human Revolution, but more so Mankind Divided. Some of my favourite games ever. They are so much, support numerous play styles, and have awesome atmospheres and level design. But hardly anyone buys them.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am pretty sure that I am responsible for half of the sales of Sin & Punishment 2. It's especially frustrating because for years people were asking for a new Star Fox and Nintendo gave them something better but they ignored it. Pearls before swine, I tell you.

Borowski

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Jun 24, 2018
NieR Gestalt
DmC: Devil May Cry
Dishonored 2
Wolfenstein 2

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Zombi U comes to mind. That concept has so much potential. I mean if they just add a multiplayer component to that one it would sell really well but it was held back by Wii U sales.

misho8723

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Hmmmm.. I know that Dishonored games and Prey don't or didn't had big numbers, but they sold still pretty good.. Dishonored 1 on Steam sold more than 2 mil. copies, who knows how much on consoles.. Dishonored 2 sold on Steam more than 1 mil. copies, again I don't know the numbers for consoles version and Prey has on Steam more than 500k copies sold - not great, but still for such a title good numbers, and that is only PC
Compared to Vampire Bloodlines, which few months after release had only around 80k copies sold

Sarek

Oct 27, 2017
Prey. I admit I myself missed it at first, but have since corrected that error.

PoE 2. I simply cant understand why this game sold so poorly. It is a very solid CRPG, reviewed well, the first game sold well, then Deadfire just bombs.

Oct 25, 2017
There are so many unfortunately. More recent ones that really sting: Prey and Hitman 2. Both games with excellent level design and tons of freedom for the player to solve problems.

Dec 6, 2017
US
The fact that everything I was going to mention has been posted 800 times is doubly depressing.

Wait, Hitman 2 is eating shit as well sales-wise? I just started playing and it's fantastic...not again.

I feel like I must curse games. Everything I play turns out to be a horrible seller. I should stop and save it for everyone else.

Last edited:

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Mainly talking about Nintendo here:
Kid Icarus Uprising
F-Zero GX
F-Zero X
Earthbound
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Wonderful 101

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
All three Metroid Prime games. They are some of the best games ever made but their sales are pretty abysmal in comparison to other Nintendo games. I hope the 4th entry reviews just as good as its predecessors but also sells far more.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing how quickly Hitman 2 has dropped in price, I'm guessing it sold like shit. Buy the new Hitman games, people!