• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
Billionaire Jeff Bezos, founder and chief executive of Amazon.com Inc, and wife MacKenzie Bezos, are divorcing after 25 years of marriage, the couple said in a joint statement on Twitter on Wednesday. Jeff Bezos, 54, is the world's richest person, with a fortune that has soared to more than $160 billion thanks to his stake in Amazon, which again became Wall Street's most valuable company this week, surpassing Microsoft Inc.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ife-mackenzie-decide-to-divorce-idUSKCN1P31ML

Article doesn't state if they have a prenup so this might become the most expensive divorce of all time?

Last edited:

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
25 years and probably no pre-nup. He might only have enough money to buy a few countries, not all of them.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is very common when you become so powerful. It is rare for a couple to stay together.

I am not even going to guess what happened but it is not hard to imagine the reasons.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good thing he accumulated all that wealth

Amazon Prime about to get another price increase.

Chasex

Oct 29, 2017
How controversial is it to say she shouldn't get half? Because that's where my mind is at. Open to changing my mind on it.

Hassel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
prenup won't do anything. All his money was made during the marriage

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Like how does this even work with him being worth that much money?
Surely there is no way a court can value being someone's partner for 25 years at 80 billion or whatever, right?

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Nov 27, 2017
California
$$$$$$$$$$$$
Can I be her?

She easily will get half if there's no pre nuptial agreement or at least a billion in an L
Imagine that, losing and getting a billion

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
No chance they have a pre-nup if they were married before he got rich. She won't get half because of the absurdity of that much plus details like it would likely remove his majority stake and upend the leadership/power dynamics of Amazon...either way she's likely to become one of the world's richest women.

We also have no idea about their relationship and her motivations. Most divorces don't end up in bitter drawn out lawsuits. She may be perfectly happy taking a few billion dollars and getting a nice monthly 20 million dollar alimony check.

Jul 18, 2018
I'm curious to see the women Jeff cheated on with.... always curious to see what type of women rich people go after

Deleted member 8197

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It'll be fun when she pops up on Forbes with her source of wealth listed as divorce.