Method

Oct 25, 2017

BREAKING: Amazon says "CEO Jeff Bezos will transition to role of Executive Chair in Q3, Andy Jassy to become Chief Executive Officer of Amazon"

EtQBQPLUYAA9PRK

Wow, huge news.

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State

Being the CEO of Amazon is a deep responsibility, and it's consuming. When you have a responsibility like that, it's hard to put attention on anything else," commented Bezos in a email announcing the change. "As Exec Chair I will stay engaged in important Amazon initiatives but also have the time and energy I need to focus on the Day 1 Fund, the Bezos Earth Fund, Blue Origin, The Washington Post, and my other passions."

BronzeWolf

Nov 3, 2017
Mexico
Got enough money Bezos?

I don't have an ounce of respect for him, not because he's a multibillionaire, but because of how the company he heads treats his employees. He can get fucked.

Mar 3, 2018
I assume he's gonna focus more on his space exploration endeavours? Heard how he liquidates close to a billion in stocks every year and invests that money into space tech. Interesting to see what he has planned with his resources.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
"When you look at our financial results, what you're actually seeing is the long-run cumulative results of invention"

No Bezos, what we're seeing is the long-run exploitation of workers and the systematic destruction of small businesses by you and your company simply due to your endless greed and narcissism.

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna move into the Bill Gates-phase of billionaire life where you spend all of your time, energy and money trying to convince people you're a really, really good person actually.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Will we be allowed bathroom breaks under Pres. Bezos' administration?
Only if you have a valid Amazon Prime membership.
www.resetera.com

Jeff Bezos stepping down as Amazon CEO

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jeff-bezos-stepping-down-as-amazon-ceo-later-this-year-andy-jassy-to-take-over.372084/post-57719382

Isn't that about the gaming-related speculation he'd work as the CEO of Gamestop? Seems like a different topic.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
He probably wants to spend more time with his weird clock

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
i wonder why he chose books at the start for amazon

The book 'The Everything Store' goes into this, and sorry I'd like to give you the condensed version but I just realized it's 4:30 and I have to run. Google "The everything store why bezos chose books" ... short version is he thought of books as a simple commodity that didn't have a lot of complexity to store, sell, etc., to start an online store around. But the story is more detailed and good. That's a good book btw, it came out in 2012 or 2013 so it's a little dated with how the impression of Amazon has changed, but a lot of it was prescient / predictive of how we'd change our opinion on Bezos / Amazon over time as well.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
i wonder why he chose books at the start for amazon

Books were easier for him and Mackenzie to package and ship? He also had a fairly large personal collection of books. Remote and poor areas not having nearby libraries or book stores is also probably another reason.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The guy is a brilliant businessman that revolutionized an entire segment of the economy.
Don't @ me.

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
What a legacy to leave behind. Tiktok has shown me how bad Amazon has enabled shopping addictions. Can't imagine the pandemic helped either.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
The guy is a brilliant businessman that revolutionized an entire segment of the economy.
Don't @ me.
Two. E-commerce and then cloud computing. The concept of cloud computing seemed even more outlandish and esoteric than e-commerce when it first launched. Today it's the norm.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Here's hoping Amazon will collapse into the seventh circle of hell in a fashionably horrific manner and Bezos will be taxed out of any pocket money he may be left with after finally paying his employees what they're worth.