• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Eh, that would piss of a huge number of people and I don't think they're going to start publishing enough stuff on PC to warrant their own launcher. They're probably best just going through Steam.

You know PS Now supports downloads, right - did you play it that way?
Downloads on PC? I thought those were only for consoles

Nov 23, 2019
RRT4 ▶︎▶︎▶︎
You still have more than one game there. I doubt Sony would create a PC launcher if the only game they plan to make available is HZD.
Battle.net was just for WoW and Diablo at the beginning. And Steam was just for HL.
In general, users don't really care. Even if just 1 game that they want to play - they will download launcher. Plus Sony has one already - PS Now. Like @johancruijff said, they could just add another tab and here it is - problem solved.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd take a PlayStation launcher if all the Sony games came with trophies and linked to my console account.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
I might replay this again the sooner we get to the sequel release - which I imagine will be 2021 for PS5.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
No thanks. PS Now has no option for payment options other than cards/paypal, which people living outside of supported regions can't use. PS Now itself is only available in 20 countries.
I'm also going to cite this as evidence of there not being a Sony launcher/storefront. We probably would have seen some large updates made on Sony's existing client if they were going to make it a PC gaming storefront, especially in availability.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
Battle.net was just for WoW and Diablo at the beginning. And Steam was just for HL.

Steam actually started as a way to let users more easily patch Counter-Strike back when patch hunting was still a thing that could fracture the player base in multiplayer games. It wasn't until around 2 years after they realized that vision that HL2 came out. Steam had a decent reason to come into existence beyond just downloading a game.

Nov 23, 2019
RRT4 ▶︎▶︎▶︎
First, I'm talking about PS Now on PC.

Again, just use web store, you don't need console.
S15IjfI.png

OGv9VXp.png

I just use prepaid cards, it never asked me for debit/credit card info during payment process.

Dec 14, 2019
If Microsoft can do it, so can Sony. I still would prefer The Last of US on PC. Any chance that might happen?

I also hope that this isn't some exclusivity deal with Epic. Did Sony have anything to do with that with Quantic Dreams games on PC?

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not necessarily. A lot of publisher launchers started off with only one or two titles (even recently with Bethesda's and Rockstar's). Hell Steam was only a launcher for Half Life and its mods for a while.
Not really. See Battle.net for example, or Rockstar launcher.
i mean they gotta start somewhere if they have a plan to launch a launcher. across what they've published on PC (or are going to publish) and what they've licensed to 3rd party publishers from their IPs there's like 10 to 15 games that they could have used to get people on board with their launcher, then keep adding to it little by little, both from their back catalog and new games.
i don't think they want to do that tho, because otherwise some of the upcoming games (death stranding, horizon and predator) coming to other stores and not launching on their own service doesn't make much sense. they seem content with using steam and EGS.
That will happen with time. The first Xbox Play Anywhere game was Recore, and it took Microsoft 2 years to get to that point. Even then gamers (on Neogaf at the time) were doubtful there would be a PC version of future Halo games.

I guess I should have added the caveat that if they want it to be well received!

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I'm also going to cite this as evidence of there not being a Sony launcher/storefront. We probably would have seen some large updates made on Sony's existing client if they were going to make it a PC gaming storefront, especially in availability.
Well, Microsoft and their own Windows Store aren't much better. I can't use my payment options on the US Windows store either (If I change the region to my own country, all the games disappear), yet they have no problem accepting payments for services like MS Office on their website. I could at least use XBOX cards on the XBOX app to pay for Game Pass (provided I removed any and all cards I had tied to my account previously. Very strange...) Really, the only other PC launcher/storefront I just cannot use due to not being able to give them money, is the Rockstar thing.

VideoTech UK

Feb 18, 2020
England
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the believer camp as far as HZD coming to PC, but has an early/leaked store listing like this ever proven true in the end? I can remember many that were just errors. Honest question, looking for examples.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Hope this is the beginning of Sony going all in on PC, and they absolutely could do their own launcher, no reason not to.

Chille

Jan 7, 2018
I'm gonna add that death stranding is using the same engine as horizon and we know that's coming to pc. They probably thought might as well port horizon over too.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I waited this long to play Horizon Zero Dawn and Bloodborne on PC. Playing HZD won't give me the urge to pay $500 to $600 for a console. But that's just me. I have nothing against them and actually love when new consoles are released since they dictate the baseline for graphical improvements.

I also feel like most people who held out for years from buying consoles aren't going to buy the next one because of platform exclusives. I think Sony has begun testing the waters for something bigger than just trying to entice a small subset of consumers into buying a piece of hardware.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, that would piss of a huge number of people and I don't think they're going to start publishing enough stuff on PC to warrant their own launcher. They're probably best just going through Steam.
Pretty confident in saying there would be more outrage if they went Epic exclusive instead of building their own launcher. Its Sony first party games, the average PC user will happily download a PS Launcher to play the likes of HZD, God of War, Uncharted etc on a PC (assuming they will come eventually)
No it doesn't. People are damn tires of different launchers on PC. They should just go with Epic if they can't stand 30% to Valve.
Why settle for 88% when you can get 100%? Sony are big enough to warrant their own launcher if they plan on joining the pc ecosystem long-term. How you feel about another launcher has nothing to do with whether it makes sense of not.

Dec 14, 2019
Pretty confident in saying there would be more outrage if they went Epic exclusive instead of building their own launcher. Its Sony first party games, the average PC user will happily download a PS Launcher to play the likes of HZD, God of War, Uncharted etc on a PC (assuming they will come eventually)

Why settle for 88% when you can get 100%? Sony are big enough to warrant their own launcher if they plan on joining the pc ecosystem long-term. How you feel about another launcher has nothing to do with whether it makes sense of not.

Why do people keep saying this? Why do EA, Microsoft, CDPR, Bethesda and Rockstar settle for 70% when they can have 100%? Hell, EA even came back after leaving Steam years ago, and Microsoft announced that every upcoming first party game will be a part of Steam. They all have their own launchers. You know 100% of 50,000 copies is still less than 70% of 500,000 copies?

cta2417

Jan 10, 2018
Found some Amazon UK links relating to Horizon Zero Dawn. Seems Google is picking up the PC keyword as well, but nothing in the cache though.

Horizon: Zero Dawn Standard Edition : Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

Buy Horizon: Zero Dawn Standard Edition from Amazon.co.uk. Everyday low prices on a huge range of consoles, games and accessories.

Horizon Zero Dawn : Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

Horizon Zero Dawn : Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games
well done. More. Give us more amazon.

orava

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 10, 2019
Makes sense, it's an old game with a sequel looming. Get the PC gamers hooked then Horizon 2 PS5 exclusive, I'm sure a lot of PC gamers who play Horizon would pick up a PS5 for Horizon 2.

You can count me out of that and i'm sure majority of PC gamers are like this. This is just another game among others. No game is that special.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
You can count me out of that and i'm sure majority of PC gamers are like this. This is just another game among others. No game is that special.

yup.

Not buying a console and investing in an expensive TV for just a handful of titles.

If Sony wants to bring games to PC, I'll give them money for those games.

Otherwise, there's plenty of other devs I could be supporting.

RyuCookingSomeRice

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2020
Why do people keep saying this? Why do EA, Microsoft, CDPR, Bethesda and Rockstar settle for 70% when they can have 100%? Hell, EA even came back after leaving Steam years ago, and Microsoft announced that every upcoming first party game will be a part of Steam. They all have their own launchers. You know 100% of 50,000 copies is still less than 70% of 500,000 copies?

Either they are console warriors/players or just have no knowledge of the PC market

VideoTech UK

Feb 18, 2020
England