• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Carfo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
still worth it, imo. i would pay way more for the shipping for all the stuff I order

Late edit: just remembered I pay the yearly one so it was $100 and this doesn't affect yearly payments

Last edited:

yumms

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why would anyone pay monthly for Amazon Prime?

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Still worth it to me, between the 2 day free shipping and all the baked in services.

Edit: being only for the monthly rate, it doesn't even concern me actually.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Happy I canceled, nothing but shipping errors and piss poor customer service I've gotten the last 2 years.

I ordered a keypad for my computer from amazon, was in stock, didnt ship for 6 weeks. had stuff dumped outside my job at 8 pm found it the next morning soaking wet in the slush.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
USA Today says it's just monthly. And they still don't get access to the streaming service. Don't do monthly people.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
It'll be interesting to see how high they try to take these fees over the next decade or so. People are not going to want to walk away from that quick shipping.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
As long as the annual rate stays the same. If it goes up, would very much think of canceling.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you buy at least 15-20 items per year from Amazon and use Prime 2-day shipping, you're coming out ahead...that's without their 20% discount on game pre-orders, Amazon Music, or Amazon Prime video.

thatother

Dec 12, 2017
Prime pays for itself fairly fast. I order from Amazon at least once a week, usually more. I've rarely had shipping errors and when i do, their Customer Service has always been amazing for me.

I'd probably pay a lot more than 99 bucks and still feel it's a pretty good deal to be honest. This isnt even taking into account Prime Video which isn't half bad as a Netflix supplemental.

rbanke

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
When they raised it to $99 a year they mentioned they were originally considering $119 so I'd guess they'll raise annual prices sooner than later. I'm still in the camp of buying prime only for the shipping. I don't use any of the other services outside of prime streaming which I only watch the Grand Tour. If I could reduce the yearly and only have the free shipping I would. If they raise prices but continue to sell by value adds then I'll bail. These days Amazon's prices are actually worse than my local Target quite often and I don't find myself ordering nearly as much as I used to. I really wish they'd have a free shipping only plan for less.

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
Arg, I may cancel. My wallet is getting tighter, and I need to cut stuff out, and not ordering so much crap from Amazon would help out a bunch. Only thing really keeping me on is that damn exclusive anime. I should just binge Made in Abyss and Land of the Lustrous and be done with it.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
USA Today says it's just monthly. And they still don't get access to the streaming service. Don't do monthly people.

Wait. In the US if you pay monthly you don't also get access to their streaming service?!

In the UK I pay £7.99 per month for prime, complete with full access to the streaming service!

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, that stays the same.

tumblr_oigdbexboE1qcxtm5o8_400.gif

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For European users, between Amazon Prime and Netflix, which subscription would you keep?

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I leech off someone else's account for the free shipping. They dont have enough quality video content for me to pay for the service. Fuckers canceled Good Girls Revolt.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
I thought you needed to affirm you were taking classes?

I have two valid .edu addresses from undergrad and graduate schools, but stopped taking classes, and was no longer able to get the student price.

As far as I can tell Amazon doesn't do the thorough third party checking like Spotify or other sites. The email I used was an old one before my uni switched to a new domain so maybe that helped.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't affect me since I pay annually but this is a joke considering how badly the service has degraded with AMZL

mmazurkiewicz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just let my annual expire last week. Done with Amazon.

Don't need two day shipping and their video service is ass besides two or three shows.

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
I only ever had Prime Student through college, didn't even know that it had a monthly option. Seems kind of spendy for what you get unless you buy a LOT.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone else continually use new email addresses to get 30 day free trials? I know a guy whose done this for the last six months and been fine.

Asking for a friend *cough*

Mystic Vivi

Oct 28, 2017
Grrrr Netflix also went up. All these subscriptions have increased so much over the last decade. In some cases I'm paying over double for the same features I had 10 years ago! "It's only a dollar"