• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Just noticed that the preorder page for Red Dead 2 has shown up. This is the message that pops up under everything.

"Please note that this item is not eligible for Release Date Delivery, so pre-orders may not arrive on the day of release. Available shipping options can be found on the order confirmation page."

Is this going to be a thing from now on? No release day delivery? It also isn't eligible for the $10 Amazon credit.

Amazon Link

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Could be Amazon not getting enough stock for release date for those who preorder after the 20% removal. I guess the game is going to sell like crazy.

NinjaBoiX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This game is not Red dead 2! It's Redemption 2, Red Dead 3 actually
latest

NeoGold123

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Amazon really wants to lose my money. No discounts and no release day delivery means I have no reason not to just buy digital.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Might be just an issue related to the spat they had with publishers over the Prime discount. I mean, RDR2 had been unavailable for over a year on Amazon due to it and only relisted when the discount went away.

Rockstar wouldn't even acknowledge Amazon as a retailer to pre-order. Probably doesn't help when Amazon leaks their listings. lol

kanan

Jul 16, 2018
BestBuy and Amazon ending their physical deals is the beginning of the end for physical games, next gen will probably be the last gen with physical games

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
BestBuy and Amazon ending their physical deals is the beginning of the end for physical games, next gen will probably be the last gen with physical games
You realize that even in this day and age every movie gets DVDs? Physical sales are still higher than digital and with ISPs becoming increasingly more anti consumer it's not really viable for large swaths of the world to download games.

BashNasty

Oct 30, 2017
I couldn't imagine buying a game physical these days (even for the map), but sucks for those who wanted a physical copy delivered.

WieDerrickWie

Jul 4, 2018
Pig Josh > Any character from Redemption

Ontopic, it really sucks both this and Spider-Man both couldn't do release day delivery. I can understand Spider-Man in the fact that it only took physical pre-orders fairly close to launch, but Red Dead is still over a month away.

I'm more miffed about that over the 20% discount being gone honestly.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
How to derail a thread using technicalities even though everyone understood which game OP was referring to anyway making it a redundant semantic

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
It's been like this for months. Before they got rid of the Prime 20% deal it wasn't even available for preorder unless you got in really early. Clearly R* (and Sony) were having none of that discount talk and pulled out until Amazon changed their deal.

Because of this my RDR2 will be my first R* digital download. Gonna miss the map but I hope my official guide makes up for it.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
it's an issue with RDR2 exclusively, i believe. normal edition hasn't been available to pre-order til recently