Amroth

Oct 27, 2017

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Time Magazine wrote a big on piece on ROP.

time.com

The Secretive, Extravagant, Bighearted World of 'The Rings of Power'

Inside the world's most expensive show

time.com

This Fan-Favorite Character Is Joining the Second Season of 'Rings of Power'

The showrunners say Círdan, one of the oldest and wisest of the elves, will join the cast in season 2

time.com

11 'Rings of Power' Secrets We Learned From the Cast and Creators

Where is the massive series heading? Shadowing the cast and crew at Comic-Con gave us some ideas

- Filming for season 2 starts in october and will take one year to complete
- The new season will be directed by a all female director line up
- Cirdan will be joining S2
- Showrunners describe the current TV landscape as "peak bleak". They think storytelling is too safe these days.
- Writer of the article has seen the first two episode and said its a sweeping epic that wears it heart on its sleeve. Almost the antithesis to GOT. "there's a radical sincerity and moral clarity to The Lord of the Rings that may resonate with today's beleaguered viewers".

youtu.be

“The Rings of Power”: Meet the Cast of The Most Expensive TV Show In History

TIME sat down with five cast members of Amazon Studio’s new Lord of the Rings prequel series “The Rings of Power.” The show will cost over $1 billion to dev...

Last edited:

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
Time Magazine wrote a big on piece on ROP.

time.com

The Secretive, Extravagant, Bighearted World of 'The Rings of Power'

Inside the world's most expensive show

time.com

This Fan-Favorite Character Is Joining the Second Season of 'Rings of Power'

The showrunners say Círdan, one of the oldest and wisest of the elves, will join the cast in season 2

time.com

11 'Rings of Power' Secrets We Learned From the Cast and Creators

Where is the massive series heading? Shadowing the cast and crew at Comic-Con gave us some ideas

- Filming for season 2 starts in october and will take one year to complete
- The new season will be directed by a all female director line up
- Cirdan will be joining S2
- Showrunners describe the current TV landscape as "peak bleak". They think storytelling is too safe these days.
- Writer of the article has seen the first two episode and said its a sweeping epic that wears it heart on its sleeve. Almost the antithesis of GOT. "there's a radical sincerity and moral clarity to The Lord of the Rings that may resonate with today's beleaguered viewers".

youtu.be

“The Rings of Power”: Meet the Cast of The Most Expensive TV Show In History

TIME sat down with five cast members of Amazon Studio’s new Lord of the Rings prequel series “The Rings of Power.” The show will cost over $1 billion to dev...
Kind of odd that season 2 hasn't started filming yet, although that sort of makes sense as they are switching to England from NZ.

Also, has amazon announced if they are doing 3 episodes the first week like they typically do?

Last edited:

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
I stopped looking at video promos few weeks ago.

I presume they will spoil so much now in the final push before the premiere.

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I was not able to grab any tickets for the early screening in theaters next Wednesday. The event sold out fast. 😬

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Peeps who exclusively watched the Peter Jackson movies are gonna be confused by this version of Elrond lol. Seems more true to Tolkiens texts which describes him as "kind as summer".

"kind as summer"
256fd326792e3828428b432dfc103f75.jpg

edit: also final trailer tommorow

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/LOTRonPrime/status/1561684705954525185

Last edited:

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017

4CornersTHSA

Jun 13, 2019
I hope they lean into Elrond feeling enormous pressure to live up to his lineage. His brother founded the greatest human kingdom ever and his dad flies a Silmaril through space every night. That is some expectations.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
so I am pretty sure we are going to see Galadriel go from the Warrior queen we see in this show to the regal queen we see in LOTR.

So my joke is we are going to go From YAAASSSS QUEEEEENNNNN to "Yes, my queen"

Edmond Dantès

It belongs in a museum!
Aug 24, 2022
Alexandria, Egypt
dfc06m1-c4a4c02d-b4bc-4312-8ab8-70c0af10a41d.jpg

Mae govannen everyone. Been a while hasn't it.

Came across this interview with the showrunners and it's very insightful. The following about the genesis of the meteor man concept especially caught my eye.

"And in the book, there's this wonderful prologue concerning Hobbits, where he talks about the ancient history of hobbits when they were these other predecessors, proto-hobbits, and then their wandering days. And out of those seeds, a whole culture sprang. And the idea of a halfling who maybe wasn't quite like the halflings we met in the Third Age stories with a being landing in their backyard, more or less, from the sky, that was always one of the earliest ideas that really stuck to us and felt very Tolkienian. He's all about the stars and beings transforming into stars. And Bilbo singing about the man in the moon, and so there was all this stuff in the stew and that stuff has grown and evolved."

theplaylist.net

'The Lord Of The Rings: The Rings Of Power': J.D. Payne & Patrick McKay Achieve The Impossible, But It's Not What You Think

"Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power" showrunners J.D. Payne and Patrick McKay discuss their role as stewards of J.R.R. Tolkein's legacy.

Whoever he is (Eärendil, Tilion, Olorin, Alatar and Pallando have all been speculated), his slow reveal in the show will be something to look forward throughout the seasons, or the first season even.