• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/marvel-studios-22-movie-marathon-59916

endgame-22-movie-mara6zkfv.jpg

That's three days in a theater if it runs right up to the Thursday 7:00pm Endgame showings.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would someone do this

Honestly, you can watch half of these movies, probably less, and understand just fine. I get it's for mega fans, so that's not the point but whew.

Barrel_Roll

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So which movies do you choose to peace out of the theater for a nap and shower back at the hotel or house? Thor 2, obviously. Maybe Ironman 3?

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I like the Marvel movies, but who is genuinely into this? Being in a theater for that long, even with breaks every now and then, sounds miserable. Three days? Good lord.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I'd stop in for a few showings, why not? But I wouldn't watch them all, no. That's what the subscription is for.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dear God no.

I mean you can plan to sleep during the worst movies like Iron Man 2, Thor Dark World, but seriously this sounds like torture. My mom pitched the idea and I was trying to tell her it would take a week to watch all the movies once you include work, bathroom breaks, ect.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I hate when they do this, it's a waste of a theater. Especially when they use an IMAX theater for it.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
No. I have them all and won't even bother watching them all at home. Infinity war the night before and then Endgame is my plan.

jmood88

Oct 28, 2017
I will never understand why anyone ever does these theater marathons, even the shorter ones.

Professor Lich

Resettlement Advisor
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I remember doing something like this for the Dark Knight Trilogy when Dark Knight Rises came out. Had a lot of fun with it.

This seems a bit excessive, maybe if it was spread out a bit more.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Sounds like a fun enough time to me depending on the price. Worst comes to worst you go home for a bit and come back later.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
That sounds genuinely horrific. I'm nearly dry heaving just thinking about it. Imagine being one of the employees tasked with cleaning that theater afterward. I would quit.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
Jesus...Do you at least get free popcorn and soda for this? I mean, I would think you'd at least want to order a large of each...

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
it's completely ridiculous

I'd rather they pick and choose. Avengers 1, 2, Civil War and Infinity War would be a cool little marathon going into End Game. Anything more than that just gets crazy.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
A couple of writers have gone to these things in the past, AMC/Regal has run 28-40 hour marathons a few times now and it all sounds horrifying
https://film.avclub.com/the-28-hour-marvel-marathon-nearly-cost-our-writer-his-1798279197

I rewatched Infinity war (for like... the 8th time) on netflix recently and will rewatch GOTG1, Civil War, Avengers 1, Thor 3, and Infinity War again before Endgame but thats enough for me, and at home. Fuck sitting in a theater for longer than 3 hours.

You can wander in and out of these things, and usually most will let you bring in outside food too but its not in the "best" theater (dolby/imax) and yeah I can't imagine its any fun at all.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I did the 6 movie marathhon way back when Avengers 1 hit. Even with a nice theater with large, reclining seats, I don't think I could do that again. Let alone a 22 movie one.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well I guess it's probably cheaper than a 3 day stay at a hotel.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Nope. I did the Star Wars one before Episode 7 came out. Was fun for 1 movie....then it got exhausting & smelly. Holy fuck, did it smell. That was only 7 movies. 22? Fuck that.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had a friend who did this just before Age of Ultron, it was like a 14 hour marathon. He said the theater had a terrible BO smell before Cap 1 had started.

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even think I could do all three Avengers movies without tapping out.

People STINK. Even a hint of someone else's BO would make me want to scream and leave the theater.

Thugnificent

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
This is too much. I MIGHT consider it if it was just the Avengers movies, but even then...

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I will never understand why anyone ever does these theater marathons, even the shorter ones.
I did this for Back to the Future and it was amazing, especially because we got to see the third movie a day before it was released too. I would do it for something like that again but most movies aren't like that.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
When are tickets supposed to go on sale? I wouldn't mind an Infinity War/Endgame double feature.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Sweet. I need some work done on my house. I'm gonna bring my sleeping bag. šŸ¤£