• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
20395847-a_fad_2020_wztkx1.png

SANTA CLARA, Calif., Feb. 05, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) announced that the company will host its Financial Analyst Day on Thursday, March 5, 2020. A live video webcast of the presentation with slides will be available on the Investor Relations portion of its website www.amd.com. A replay of the webcast can be accessed approximately 24 hours after the conclusion of the live event and will be available for approximately one year after the event.
Source: https://ir.amd.com/news-releases/news-release-details/amd-host-financial-analyst-day-march-5-2020

AMD will present an overview of its businesses. The presentation, intended for financial analysts, may or may not feature information about PlayStation 5 and/or Xbox Series X. For an idea on what to expect, in terms of layout at least, take a look at the 2017 Financial Analyst Day: http://webcastevents.com/events/amd/analystday/registration.htm

t1583442000z4.png

Webcast: https://event.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1284165

Slides will be available once the presentation begins.

Slide presentations

Dr. Lisa Su: Building the Best: https://ir.amd.com/static-files/5ef0a316-c44b-4b37-af09-ea4fb567c2aa

Mark Papermaster: Future of High Performance: https://ir.amd.com/static-files/ccef22f0-f641-4fc5-861f-cb3d7d125a68

David Wang: Driving GPU Leadership https://ir.amd.com/static-files/321c4810-ffe2-4d6c-863f-690464c033a9

Rick Bergman: Driving Growth Across PCs and Gaming: https://ir.amd.com/static-files/dd12bed4-a96e-42e7-b2d9-3940183e2473

Last edited:

LordBlodgett

Jan 10, 2020
Let's see what happens.....not expecting much, but would love to learn more about RDNA2 in their own upcoming graphics cards.

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
People are gonna way overhype this, its basically just an investors meeting. You'll get some boring numbers and realise you've waster 5 hours of your afternoon.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I'm excited to hear about their financial details (I am an AMD shareholder) and possibly some of their tech with RDNA2 (if I remember correctly, it is confirmed to be discussed, or at least Big Navi is confirmed) but I am unable to watch the first 2 and a half hours because I have class from 1 to 3, so OP, thank you very much for this thread.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
How long does this run for?

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess it is five hours long.

Last edited:

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
remember they'll be touching on all segments

so this includes laptops, datacenters, etc and there *will* be breaks

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
5 hours of RDNA 2.0 architectural details and hidden next-gen console secrets amirite?

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
its just going to be an investor's meeting...

too much overhype that will just be about 2019 numbers, Ryzen 3xxx performance in the market, a tidbit or two on 2020, and "looking forward to a great year in 2020 as the new consoles are being prepared to launch in the market".

Gohlad

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
its going to be an investor's meeting...

too much overhype that will just be about 2019 numbers, Ryzen 3xxx performance in the market, a tidbit or two on 2020, and "looking forward to a great year in 2020 as the new consoles are being prepared to launch in the market".

Yep, people getting a little overhyped about this. I guess the only interesting thing will be if they'll talk about RDNA 2.0 but then its still an Financial Analyst event, not a technical's/developer focused event...

aesync

Jan 19, 2018
Chicago
Debating if I should pick up some quick calls for AMD for an overnight bump. Already loaded up on a ton of puts that have been printing money with this Covid-19 scare.

LordBlodgett

Jan 10, 2020
its going to be an investor's meeting...

The last time they had a big Financial Analyst Day was 2017, where they officially debuted the Vega line of graphics cards and gave new details on their Epyc chips. I expect an official debut of big NAVI, with plenty of RDNA2 talk since this is the year they are going to finally come out with products that compete with Nvidia in terms of RT and ML. A lot of time will be spent on Epyc and all the partnerships they have in the datacenter. I would also expect plenty of self praise on 3000 series CPUs. I expect them to spend a lot of time talking about their mobile and low power processors, since that is a market that they can finally be competitive in again. Not sure how much they will talk about the custom design teams, which is where Sony and Microsoft fall......

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting that in that intro video where they showcase some of the stuff that when it comes to Consoles, they only mention Xbox and Series X and the partnership with MS. Not one slide/mention of the PS5 of Sony in that intro segment.

Deleted member 62280

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 18, 2019
Interesting that in that intro video where they showcase some of the stuff that when it comes to Consoles, they only mention Xbox and Series X and the partnership with MS. Not one slide/mention of the PS5 of Sony in that intro segment.
Yeah am curious about that. Interesting given PS5 is kind of revealed but not fully like Series X.

Edit also I love the Slides on the sides too.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah am curious about that. Interesting given PS5 is kind of revealed but not fully like Series X.
The thing is in the last presser they had or one of them, they do mention Sony and the PS5 etc. Just seemed odd that in that intro video nothing is mentioned about Sony or PS5. Perhaps it is because Sony has not officially shown anything. They are partners and I am sure they need to have permission on both sides on what they can and cant show or mention.

Deleted member 62280

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 18, 2019
The thing is in the last presser they had or one of them, they do mention Sony and the PS5 etc. Just seemed odd that in that intro video nothing is mentioned about Sony or PS5. Perhaps it is because Sony has not officially shown anything. They are partners and I am sure they need to have permission on both sides on what they can and cant show or mention.

Who knows but they do mention consoles generally towards the end of the intro.

xem

Oct 31, 2017
is there a live blog some1 is doing ?
here!
www.techpowerup.com

AMD Financial Analyst Day 2020 Live Blog

AMD Financial Analyst Day presents an opportunity for AMD to talk straight with the finance industry about the company's current financial health, and a taste of what's to come. Guidance and product teasers made during this time are usually very accurate due to the nature of the audience. In...