Bait02

Jan 5, 2019
717CGms8KWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
is this the new eGPU case?

V3N1X

Prophet of Truth
Oct 16, 2021
Alexandria, Egypt
I feel that I'm either skipping the RDNA3/Lovelace gen or going AMD... no way I'm going with an Nvidia card with the amount of TBPs being thrown around.

Currently riding a 3070, the only thing I'm gonna miss about Nvidia is their software (Nvidia Broadcast is a godsend, but I can afford to pay for a Krisp subscription so there's that at least).

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
What kind of game would need 10x the tflops of a PS5/XSX?

PS5/XSX can't even run last gen games at native 4k unless 30 fps, they barely can do RT even at 1440p as well. Great jump in tech is always welcomed, even if its not mainstream yet.

No just theoretical performance, RL rasterization performance is probably 2.5-3 times which if on a 375W total board power is bonkers. Like more than a 2x performance per watt improvement.

Though RT performance improvement is a big question.

Its theoretical performance but still difficult to believe when compared to RDNA2 theoretical performance. This is gonna be the biggest performance jump in GPU history.

Cali32

Oct 11, 2020
No way 100TF?????

I was hoping 30TFs was on the menu for ps6 next gen in 2026-28 but damn

I think a 60 - 70TF RDNA 4 (?) SoC built on leading TSMC node by then (3nm or maybe better) with Zen 5 (?) would make for a sweet generational leap over the PS5. No to mention the far, far better RT performance they'll have. Quite exciting times. :)

for the people who demand 4K/60 with maxed out ray tracing and will accept nothing less

somehow those folks still exist
Correction 4K/120 ;).
Nice. This shit will be way above my budget but it at least bodes well for me to be able to get a great upgrade sooner rather than later.

When do y'all think I'll be able to get between 10-12 RDNA 2 teraflops for around $300-$450? Could it be possible this generation?

Also, is there a time I should expect this year's new AMD CPUs to be unveiled?
Navi 33 will do that at N21 performance or even more at 1080p-1440p ;).

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
Am I reading this wrong or I'm right in saying that RDNA3 mid to mid-high range would have reasonable TDP/ Power requirements? All this talk of the Nvidia 40 series being very power hungry had me thinking of sticking with my 2080 for longer.

Am I reading this wrong or I'm right in saying that RDNA3 mid to mid-high range would have reasonable TDP/ Power requirements? All this talk of the Nvidia 40 series being very power hungry had me thinking of sticking with my 2080 for longer.
Yeah, Navi 33 is interesting because it's a TSMC 6nm part but probably 200W or less but performance on par with 6900XT if not faster at 1440p or lower. And clocked at maybe higher than 3Ghz.

arrado

Jan 1, 2020
So I should sell my 3060 Ti Founder's Edition while I still can, right?
I would just enjoy it for now. It's a nice card.
If you wanted to sell then you basically should have done it 3 months ago. A 3060ti non lhr already lost almost half of its value compared to late 2021

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
I wouldnt' be suprised if RTX 50 is a big redesign + chiplet because AD102 at least apparently is rumored to have some extensive redesigns that make it way more than just
Yeah, we already knew that Lovelace was just buying time until they can get Hopper (their mcm architecture) working
Yeah, Navi 33 is interesting because it's a TSMC 6nm part but probably 200W or less but performance on par with 6900XT if not faster at 1440p or lower. And clocked at maybe higher than 3Ghz.

Where are you reading that? The chart in the op is saying like 500W

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Now that 6800 and 6900 cards are finally within my price range (6900 XT at least, its only $30 over retail) I just wanna see prices. So I can buy .....something......

AMD plz.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, we already knew that Lovelace was just buying time until they can get Hopper (their mcm architecture) working
Hopper isn't for gaming. there is, allegedly, a gaming Hopper in the form of the AD102. and Hopper is monolithic, so far. there might be an MCM Hopper, but that could just be saved for Blackwell

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
This sounds more appealing than whatever Nvidia is cooking (literally) up. Just hoping for improved RT performance. This also bodes well for pro consoles/next-gen. Just need twice the GPU perf for systems to get fidelity modes at high frame rates. Should be easily doable eventually with RDNA3.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Are we ever going to run out of silicon.

Good lord this is crazy. But I look at general RT performance now and I'm like, "oh this makes sense."

Edit: spell check

Last edited:

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Navi 33 will do that at N21 performance or even more at 1080p-1440p ;).
Fair enough. I just want something that can get me 1080p/120 at decent settings for the next few years so I'm just kind of using the assumption that the XSX/PS5 will on average be about 1440p/60 for most games this gen with my choice of future GPU, so that's just what I'm hoping/waiting on even if it'll likely not happen for a bit longer. But that's okay, I need a new CPU first anyway since my Broadwell i5 is starting to finally show it's age with the new cross gen games, and that probably won't happen until Zen 4 is unveiled so I can get hopefully the best bang for my buck

zaitsu

Banned
Jan 27, 2022
Nice. This shit will be way above my budget but it at least bodes well for me to be able to get a great upgrade sooner rather than later.

When do y'all think I'll be able to get between 10-12 RDNA 2 teraflops for around $300-$450? Could it be possible this generation?

Also, is there a time I should expect this year's new AMD CPUs to be unveiled?
You can buy 10 TF RDNA2 under 500$ right now. Its called PS5

Icarian

May 9, 2018
Is power draw really going to skyrocket with these new GPUs?

I've been running 650w PSUs for like a decade and it has always been enough for a single flagship GPU, I have a 2080 paired with a 5900x right now and I don't really want to change the PSU when I get a new GPU because they turned into electricity hogs...

MotherFan

Oct 27, 2017
for the people who demand 4K/60 with maxed out ray tracing and will accept nothing less

somehow those folks still exist
TBH if I could get 4k120 on max settings I would want it. Until this happens ya, why wouldn't we want a motor powerful card? I know I am not the only one either. Why wouldn't we if it was possible?

Where are you getting this? Everywhere I look I see ps5 for 800+. I have not seen one at 500.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Well technically I can, but I haven't been able to get one yet. I do plan to get one eventually, I just prefer PC gaming, just waiting for when an upgrade will be worthwhile for me personally since I prefer to only upgrade once or twice a console generation

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can already see cryptobros/resellers salivating at the amount of money they could make out of these cards.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
I would just enjoy it for now. It's a nice card.
If you wanted to sell then you basically should have done it 3 months ago. A 3060ti non lhr already lost almost half of its value compared to late 2021

I think I can still break even or a little more if I tried to sell it. But yeah I definitely missed the boat when selling it. I had it since late October 2021 but I took too long to decide whether or not I wanted to keep it 🤡.

Intel really got put in a hard place, now their first offering is not going to drop and save the prices, we are almost at MSRP and when the new cards from AMD and Nvidia start dropping they are going to get forgotten. At minimum they should move Battlemage to the start of the year because if they stay mid year adjusting for their last release adjustment, I legit don't see how they gain market.

I hope AMD mid offerings are 300w at most.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TBH if I could get 4k120 on max settings I would want it. Until this happens ya, why wouldn't we want a motor powerful card? I know I am not the only one either. Why wouldn't we if it was possible?
my comment was more about people being against "smarter" ways of doing things, like upscaling. native resolution doesn't seem to be the best use of power, IMO. especially if you're aiming for 120fps. and even then, if you could do 2160/120fps, there's also the option of a lower resolution, 120fps, and even higher visual settings. for as much as people talk about IQ, there's more to it than just increasing the resolution, which these higher powered gpus can go towards

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
People stop worrying about RDNA 3's power consumption:

If correct 35W on a 9.2 TF iGPU (6 WGP @ 3GHz) with 8 Zen 4 cores in a mobile APU. It's very likely the top end card probably will consume 375W.

The big problem is y'all hearing test AD102 boards consuming 900W because Jensen's ego demands it and Nvidia Engineers testing stuff for shits and giggles.

Lol a 35W PS5.

DC5remy

Jan 20, 2018
Denver co
These cards will be like 3000 dollars and people would still like to make silly comparisons with consoles again and again, everyone can throw around money and infinite power draw to make the numbers go high, i am interested when games will actually take advantage of these numbers instead of raising the resolutions to 16K and 360fps, like realistic earth deformations and simulations in real time.

Yes!!

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
GPU manufacturers going back to not caring about power usage anymore is interesting. Limiting themselves in this area has given Consoles some room to bridge the gap.

Muras

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm... Managed to snag a RTX 3060 for close to MSRP ($477 Canadian, or $371 US as of this post) about a week ago. I'm using a 1650 Super at the moment, which actually performs surprisingly well (I only use a 1080p monitor)... But the 4 GB VRAM is really hurting (Really easy to max it out, even with lower settings), so when I saw a near MSRP price I had to go for it.

If the power draw of these GPUs are as high as some say they are, I think I can be happy with the 3060 for a good many years, especially with how upscaling tech is getting better. I was aware the next round of GPUs was around the corner, but since there's no guarantee you'd get them for a reasonable price and the rumored power draw, I figured I'd take the risk. Hoping it pays off, heh.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm... Managed to snag a RTX 3060 for close to MSRP ($477 Canadian, or $371 US as of this post) about a week ago. I'm using a 1650 Super at the moment, which actually performs surprisingly well (I only use a 1080p monitor)... But the 4 GB VRAM is really hurting (Really easy to max it out, even with lower settings), so when I saw a near MSRP price I had to go for it.

If the power draw of these GPUs are as high as some say they are, I think I can be happy with the 3060 for a good many years, especially with how upscaling tech is getting better. I was aware the next round of GPUs was around the corner, but since there's no guarantee you'd get them for a reasonable price and the rumored power draw, I figured I'd take the risk. Hoping it pays off, heh.
Once you get to xx60 levels, power draw isn't crazy. All this power draw talk is only for the high end, xx80/xx90 and x800, x900

Status
Not open for further replies.