• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Pretty interesting considering how a portion of the recent Nvidia event was dedicated to RTX support in Fortnite.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
But I thought Epic was NVidia's buddy when they announced the rtx integration

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
I read the article and there seems to be nothing connecting directly to AMD or GPUs at all? It just says "Something big is coming" Could be anything.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
If I'm reading the article correctly, Epic doesn't really have anything to do with this; it's just a custom map made by a third party that AMD sponsored.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
You thought 3090 was huge, but NAVI 2 is even larger, surprassing PS5 in size. (3090 only being as large as XSX)

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
If I'm reading the article correctly, Epic doesn't really have anything to do with this; it's just a custom map made by a third party that AMD sponsored.

That is why i put question mark at the end. They did tease it in the custom map that can be featured on main map as far as i remember.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't imagine the actual reveal is something that would work in Fortnite. I'd bet it might be advertised in some fashion, but I do not see Fortnite hosting anything like that that would confuse and bore a lot of people.

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
Would be wise to do something, doesn't even need to be an actual launch, to take a bit of wind away from Nvidia who are about to open for purchase in two weeks.
Otherwise if AMD is silent people are expecting Nvidia cards to absolutely crush BigNavi.

I want to see fierce competition around the 500-600€ price points !

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As someone who played a looooot of fortnite sind early access release of the PvE part I'm getting super annoyed by Fortnite and all the marketing shit that happens inside the game.

Even more so since Epic try to weaponize young kids for their Powerplay with apple. Fuck Fortnite.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Pretty interesting considering how a portion of the recent Nvidia event was dedicated to RTX support in Fortnite.
The actual API used for ray tracing is managed by Microsoft rather than Nvidia (at least most of the time afaik), so I would just see this as a confirmation that the new cards will have RT hardware. Not a huge surprise imo

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
The most they'll do is release some kind of teaser for the full reveal.

Given all the hype for Ampere, AMD would be stupid to not have their own presentation livestream to counter Nvidia's marketing.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
But I thought Epic was NVidia's buddy when they announced the rtx integration
They're all Epic's baby, everything that plays Unreal Engine games are their buddy. Edit: And produce movies, or make learning tools for surgeons, etc. etc. etc. with Unreal Engine are friends and family to Epic.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I joked that they should reveal the PS5 and XSX's prices in Fortnite just for the hell of it, this is pretty close lmao

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
How many fort nite kids are interested in GPUs?

Squirrel09

Nov 4, 2017
I think them teasing something in a game and them revealing something in the game are two separate things.

Edit: this comment was made in response to the tweet and the title of the post. After quickly looking at the article, yeah... looks like they might reveal this in fortnite lol. "SOMETHING BIG IS COMING TO THE AMD BATTLE ARENA!"

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
How many fort nite kids are interested in GPUs?
I was more interested in GPUs 10 years ago than I am today, so that could go either way. Not everyone playing Fortnite is a 10-year-old.

I do think it's weird, though. But that's one hell of an audience, regardless.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Epic doesn't seem to care as long as $ is involved. They'll play both sides. Fortnite is just a marketing tool as much as game now.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017

It's functionally in Epic's interest to display Unreal Engine as being as hardware-agnostic as possible rather than "RUNS BEST ON {BRAND X}!", especially when most Consoles run AMD hardware.

They'll let anyone who's paying put their ad up. It's up to AMD and Nvidia to insist that their cards are more Unreal Compatible than the other's.

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn some of you act like Fortnite killed your family. What's so horrible about this cross promotion?