• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Grandia

Dec 13, 2017
finally mls is back this weekend

excited to see how the new teams play this season, especially inter milan

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
comprehensive season preview

Armchair Analyst: Frontrunners, the Pack & all 26 MLS teams ranked by tier | MLSSoccer.com

Doyle: Frontrunners, the pack & all 26 MLS teams ranked by tier
Honestly, this is sleeping on John Tolkin for RBNY. They just signed him to a homegrown and from what I've heard he's a Tyler Adams tier talent. I wouldn't be shocked if he swiped a starting spot from Parker or Long by mid-season, if he lives up to the hype.

Beyond that I don't have tons of hope for this season. Maybe if White finds another gear or Barlow/Omir come into their own I'll have some hope.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
Still blowing my mind that Detroit City FC is finally playing their first pro match tonight against a barely-existent LA Force (like, a bunch of supporters wanted to go but Force waited too long to even say where they play!)
I'll share a link here once I figure out where it's gonna be streamed. (I'm hoping I can get a decent connection where I'm at...)

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Completely forgot the 2nd leg of the CL was last night and woke up pleasantly surprised that the boys pulled it out against a strong LigaMX side.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar

Thank you for this. I enjoyed FCC's preview, it didn't seem quite as negative as most outlets have been (and probably rightly so). Looking forward to the start of the year Sunday.

i think y'all got some very good pieces in kubo, medunjanin, and locadia. cruz impressed me last year and should be even better this year

idk about regattin and de jong still being effective given their careers slumping recently but besides that, FCC could be a dark horse

RR30

Oct 22, 2018

i think y'all got some very good pieces in kubo, medunjanin, and locadia. cruz impressed me last year and should be even better this year

idk about regattin and de jong still being effective given their careers slumping recently but besides that, FCC could be a dark horse

I don't think they are going to be a top team, but I don't think they are going to be repeat winners of the spoon, unless the coaching mess fractures the team.
My big worry is that defensively they are largely the same team that gave up an obscene amount of goals last year. Adding Medunajin as the defensive midfielder surely won't help that either. But they should be miles better in attack. Locadia will probably score more goals than have DUI's and the other guys they added are all improvements too.
Looking forward to a bunch of 4-3 games this year.

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017

Even though I know my team would probably be a solid second division team at best, a 60 team 3 division NA combined league would be so sick.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
Even though I know my team would probably be a solid second division team at best, a 60 team 3 division NA combined league would be so sick.

liga MX x MLS seems pretty inevitable at this point, and even though it'd be purely for monetary value... it would be amazing to watch and would significantly grow the game in north america

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
theathletic.com

MLS updates roster rules to deliver more incoming transfer money to clubs

MLS has said it wants to become a selling league. On Friday, it unveiled rule changes to aid in that goal.

Most significantly, the league decreased the cut of transfer fees it will take from clubs when they sell non-homegrown players to foreign clubs. Previously, the league took 25 percent of all transfer fees for non-homegrown players. Moving forward, the league will only take 5 percent of those fees.
Once clubs do sell players, the league will also now allow teams to put more of the income back into their rosters. In the new roster rules, MLS increased the maximum amount of a transfer fee clubs are allowed to convert into general allocation money (GAM) from $750,000 to an even $1 million.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
Ah damn I was gonna post the streaming link, but we're up 1-0 at halftime and it still seems surreal to watch the boys playing as pros

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
That's rad

Great move from DC

That is awesome and a good move for them especially after the flo fiasco (floasco?)

we won 2-0 btw. here is a clip of the second goal, scored by a kid who used to be in the stands with us and whose dad I've painted tifo with
3 weeks til our first home match. We just announced our women's schedule. We have a freaking local tv deal! This is all so wild.

OceanicAir

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got my tickets to Nashville SC's first game! Over 50k have been sold. Looking forward to see how it goes this season.

Pretty wild that it was like 2 years ago where we played our first ever exhibition game against Atlanta (in front of 9k!) and now we're gonna be playing again, this time at the top level.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
Got my tickets to Nashville SC's first game! Over 50k have been sold. Looking forward to see how it goes this season.

Pretty wild that it was like 2 years ago where we played our first ever exhibition game against Atlanta (in front of 9k!) and now we're gonna be playing again, this time at the top level.

have fun, should be a good time

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017

That's awesome. Hopefully you guys have a good season.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Tough loss for the Revs, we lost that one on our own with too many missed chances and sloppy passes. Kessler and Buksa looked like extremely valuable additions. Gil is the soul of the team, we need him back ASAP.

Enjoy it! Glad it's on national TV, definitely gonna tune in.

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017

Excited to go down there when the Union visit in May.