ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
I understand the risks. But man, am i ever glad sports is coming back. As someone who only watches sports, the past few months have been really sucky lol

Blue Lou

Oct 26, 2017
Concacaf Statement – Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League qualification for the winner of MLS Is Back tournament

Miami, FL (Wednesday, June 10, 2020) - Concacaf has approved a request from U.S. Soccer for a one-year alteration to the Federation's Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League spots to support the MLS Is Back tournament, which takes place in Orlando, USA in July.

The winner of the MLS Is Back competition will qualify for the 2021 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League (SCCL), regardless of whether it is a U.S. or Canadian club. This will replace the SCCL spot normally awarded to the MLS regular season points leader in the conference opposite the Supporters' Shield winner.

Concacaf agreed to grant U.S. Soccer's request, and to support MLS with their tournament, following positive conversations with Canada Soccer, and a commitment from MLS that if a Canadian team wins MLS Is Back it will compete in the Canadian Championship.

This decision has no bearing on Canada Soccer's qualification spot into the 2021 SCCL, which remains in place. Canada Soccer will continue discussions internally to determine the criteria of how they would recommend to qualify a Canadian club to the 2021 SCCL in the event that the same team wins the MLS Is Back tournament and the Canadian Championship. Such a recommendation would require Concacaf Council approval.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
9 AM, 8 PM, and 10:30 PM EST kickoffs. Oof.

Group draws tomorrow at 3:30 EST, streaming on all MLS social media pages. Hoping the Revs avoid the 6 team group.

Blue Lou

Oct 26, 2017

Blue Lou

Oct 26, 2017
CONCACAF statement:

CONCACAF said:
Regarding the men's international calendar, FIFA has made the decision to postpone the September 2020 FIFA window for Concacaf, the AFC, CAF and the OFC. This means our qualifying process for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ will not begin in September, as previously scheduled.

The challenges presented by postponements to the football calendar, and the incomplete FIFA rankings cycle in our confederation, means our current World Cup Qualifying process has been compromised and will be changed. We will now work with the new framework provided and liaise with FIFA to finalize a new World Cup Qualification format for the Concacaf region.

We will also work with our stakeholders to reorganize the Concacaf Road to Gold Cup Qualifiers (originally scheduled for March and June 2020), the Concacaf Nations League Finals (originally scheduled for June 2020) and a range of other suspended competitions.

A further update on World Cup Qualifying and other Concacaf men's international competitions will be provided in the coming weeks.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
Ebmg1t5XYAE4B1p

fuck this clown

Last edited:

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Man, that shit is fucked up. How can they drag everyone out there to play a tournament, then charge them $65 for that slop?

JamesQuall

Oct 27, 2017
It's almost like they want this thing to turn into Fyre Fest 2.0 at this point. This tournament could have worked, but Orlando was a mistake.

I know it's a much smaller scale, but I'm all on board with the NWSL Challenge Cup in Utah. It's already been worth a month of CBS all access to watch, and it's only going to get better from here.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Meanwhile, the Premier League season resumption seems to be going off without a hitch and Pulisic has been one of Chelsea's best players since the restart. He has even been drawing comparisons to Eden Hazard from many fans and media members.

At the other end of the scale, we have Christian Pulisic, who has been far and away Chelsea's best player of Project Restart after being unable to feature for the team due to injuries since January.

His dribbling style, tendency to win fouls, and ability to affect the course of the game with a moment of magic in general may not always reflect on the stats sheet but it was bound to draw comparisons with Eden Hazard, who left last summer for Real Madrid after seven legendary season at Stamford Bridge.

Unlike others, Lampard didn't immediately dismiss the comparison, using it instead to highlight the differences in the two players' games and to set a target for Pulisic's future greatness.

"Christian is possibly more direct in his style sometimes, in terms of how he goes past players and runs off the ball, which I like. He has a real ability to break a line and run forward. That's a great trait in the modern game.

"Eden has been here and done it, and did it to an incredible level. Christian has it in his hands to make a real impact over a period of time. The thing I'm so happy with now is when we're finding it hard to break teams down, he is taking responsibility to change that. It's been great to see."

He has scored twice for Chelsea since the restart (including the below amazing run and finish) but he has also drawn two PKs and a free kick just outside the box, all of which resulted in goals. And he has generally been involved with many of the promising Chelsea attacks and been named MotM three times.

I'm really happy for him, getting this chance to come back from a long layoff and contribute in a meaningful way. I just hope the WCQs can get scheduled and played someday soon, even if they have to happen outside of the US, to see if he can't keep up this form while in a USMNT kit.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
I just sat down to watch the match and they came on and said they cancelled.

Seriously. Just kill the season. Its not worth it.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
NISA kicked back off last night with a couple matches and I'm biting my nails. I want to see my club come back SO BAD but I also DO NOT WANT THEM PLAYING because of the situation but if they don't bring in money this year things will be stupid hard for them going forward. It's such a fucked situation.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
When all the other football leagues are back despite their nation's controlling the spread and you put almost every sport in the fucking hot zone.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
I dont follow Liga MX (the only league i dont pay attention too honestly) are they still operating? Or did they suspend their season too?

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting.

Yeah, for the life of me i cant fathom why the MLS would choose a tourney in Florida. I get it. They wanna recoup some money. But of all places, Florida?
That was before all hell broke loose. The plan was back in April but the boom was in June.

NHL was the only league to change course and move to Canada.

ZZMitch

Oct 26, 2017
MLS and NBA ended up in Florida because of ESPN/Disney. MLS especially is trying to work closely with them because of the need for a big TV deal in the coming years.

Even so though if they know that Florida would be like this at the moment I bet they would have gone somewhere else

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping Portland and Galaxy would draw so that LAFC would remain level in the group but Galaxy getting spanked defensively right now. Also it goes without saying but Chicharito ain't no Zlatan.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Chicharito is good, but he's def a bit overhyped.

He's good and he's got an chance to feast especially playing with Pavon but Zlatan was just something else. He put the fear of god in me as an opposing fan playing against MLS comp.

Pavon scares me much more than Chicharito on that team. He's so good with the ball.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
He's good and he's got an chance to feast especially playing with Pavon but Zlatan was just something else. He put the fear of god in me as an opposing fan playing against MLS comp.

Pavon scares me much more than Chicharito on that team. He's so good with the ball.
Zlatan, that man had the skill and the guts to do the impossible. He's one of those players who, if you ever give him an inch, will pull off the craziest shit you've ever seen.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Zlatan, that man had the skill and the guts to do the impossible. He's one of those players who, if you ever give him an inch, will pull off the craziest shit you've ever seen.

It was the skill + his size, even at that advanced age. MLS defenders had no idea how to deal with that shit. It was like a QB throwing to prime Randy Moss just throw that shit up to him and he would figure out how to bring it down.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just want to laugh at how garbage Chicharito was last night. Misses a pen, skies an easy shot...