• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
AABDoEJ.img

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/article/americas-favorite-beers-are-european/ar-AABDoEO

The official list of America's favorite beers is out.
1)Heinekin
2) Guinness
3)Corona
4)Sam Adams
5)Budweiser
6)Coors
7) Blue Moon
8)Miller
9) Bud Light
10) Corona Light

The entire list is here- https://today.yougov.com/ratings/food/popularity/beers/all with entries from 1-41.
Not in the top ten but in the top forty-one include Pabst, Shock Top, Red Stripe, Natty Light, Keystone, Yeungling, Bud Light Platinum and Bud Light Lime.

Sounds about right for America. Cheers.
giphy.gif

eta- BONUS MAP of England's favorite beer based on region- Heinekin is London's favorite beer. lol
YouGov-beer-map-of-Britain.jpg

Last edited:

dudefriend

Banned
Apr 27, 2019
I drink all of those and freely admit they're all garbage but my palate will never "evolve" to the point that IPAs start tasting good

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
I don't drink any of these. Maybe it makes me sound like a snob but I pretty much only drink regional beers. I'd much rather support smaller breweries that virtually always make better beer anyway.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
A bunch of adjunct lagers at the top is not a surprise, however I did not expect Heineken to be top of the list. It was also surprising to see how high Red's Apple Ale was. I figured Shock Top was going to be higher, I feel like I see that beer on tap everyone now. Wow, Dog's Fish head and Fat Tire are the only two on there even in the "craft beer" realm. Figured Bell's would be there. I need to go through and count how many individual companies make up this list. My guess would be less than 10.

Edit: Anyone know the methodology for this chart? The craft beer industry, especially small microbreweries are slowly eating all the big macro beer companies lunch lately.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Heineken SERIOUSLY tastes like water, to me. No memorable flavor to speak of. America is really the worst at voting for things.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
With the exception of Guinness and some Sam Adams variants they're all shit!

America sucks

EDIT: Beer culture in America sucks... particularly from the perspective of older people. I get berated by my uncle for enjoying a variety of beer, like stouts, IPAs, etc, all across different breweries and companies. He'll say like, "beer is not about the taste!" That's fine, I like drinking and getting drunk, but why not enjoy the beer you're drinking too??? Similarly, a lot of the beer I enjoy is relatively high in alcohol. If your goal is to get drunk or just a buzz going then why not drink something with a higher ABV than Corona Light???

bryehn

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa
Heineken!? Guinness is tolerable, but Heineken? Sam Adams being so high is good for the craft industry in general, despite how huge they really are.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Someday Red Dog will get the recognition it deserves, but today is not that day

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I lived my whole life hating beer here in the States.

The majority of it tastes nasty, and the stuff that is good is about as expensive as a decent bottle of wine.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Yuengling would be a lot higher up if it were more widely available. Every time they spread to a new state, said state collectively shits their pants and there are billboards everywhere celebrating its arrival.

Or maybe it's the Whataburger / In-N-Out effect where it's so popular because it's not available everywhere? Damn decent beer though.

Also can't remember the last time Heineken was relevant since one of the Austin Powers movies. Kinda surprised it's that high!

Corona is easily my favorite of the top 10. Just a perfect hot weather summer beer.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
These are all shit beers. But this is like asking what's the best music? It's gonna be a list of pop/rock trash. I don't know anyone that drinks any of these.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised that Bud Light is not at the top.

Of those, I can get behind a good Sam Adams or Blue Moon. Guinness o St. Patrick's Day, too.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
List is so reductive it's stupid.

This is like the "TOp Travel Destinations for summer 2019" thread, and it had places like ... Stamford Connecticut but lacked places like Hawaii or Alaska. The rationale used for coming up with such a list is so reductive and stupid that the list became meaningless.

This list could very easily be retitled, "Americans Most Hated Beers," or "Americans Worst Beers," and it'd be equally applicable.

Manicstreet

Oct 25, 2017
I only drink craft beer, but heineken is one of my least favorite beers ever. If i had to drink a beer on that list it would be Guinness. I still enjoy the occasional pint.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Yo, these "American beer sucks" takes are so fucking dated. Look up UK and Germany top selling beers, they are all macro beer trash too like Beck's, Stella, Foster's etc. The american craft beer industry dwarfs the UK and Germany these days. Both those countries are playing catch up with how much good beer we have coming from small independent breweries. Yeah Europe has the OG breweries that made one style, put it on the map and perfected it, but if you want to talk about variety and quality, you can't beat the craft scene in the US right now. Moreover, all those macro beers, both Euro and American are all owned by like two companies anyway.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I lived my whole life hating beer here in the States.

The majority of it tastes nasty, and the stuff that is good is about as expensive as a decent bottle of wine.

If you have a decent selection at your grocery or liquor store, there are far more micro than macro options.

You can get a good craft six-pack for $7-8 dollars.