• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
This is some questionable character design. How old is she?

She's clearly a child, but they've always been mum with the numbers so that they can advertise shit like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

With that outfit and Amy returning in the next two DLC releases...

yeah...

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
I guess this confirms the data leak we got a while back ago. Mind you we got a good set of characters up to this point, but part of me isn't really getting to hyped up for Amy or Cassandra for this first season. Still, I suppose our umbrella lady will come eventually for the 2nd season.

Auto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She's clearly a child, but they've always been mum with the numbers so that they can advertise shit like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

yeah...

Disgusting. I'm definitely not going to give Amy mains the benefit of the doubt.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
I always had fun playing Amy in the older games. Nice to hear her saying more than her name here, lol.

Not the most hype announcement ever, but for a game in the positions it's been in, I'm generally OK with it. Every time there's a season pass, it's a good thing to remember that they're never REQUIRED to buy for fighters. The option to buy simply they few characters one wants exist...

… and I find that more and more relevant as more solid games come out. Bandai Namco's seem kinda suspect, expecially in their first year of releases. But at least they're fairly willing to put theirs on sale, eventually.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
Let's go Amy, her new moves and super look slick.

I like how they fully went in with the ballet + fencing to fully separate her from Raph, it fits.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
It's shame original character Hwang is still left out for clones instead. Especially when this game is supposed to be a reboot. None of the dlc characters are interesting to me so far.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So the rumour was true?

Amy and then Cassandra...

Just noticed
Namco only went with females for the DLC.

Nothing wrong with that.. just an observation.

I am glad we got 2B at least.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Oh great, the rumor/leak/whatever was true? Trash. Waste of a slot.

Bring back Setsuka, Hilde, ZWEI, or Hwang, seriously. Or even Viola!

How hard is it for them to give us one of the more unique girl vets, or a hot guy? Amy is such a bad pick, Jesus.

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
Mixed feelings about this.
1.Upset that of all the possible characters they could have included in the pass, they went for Amy which to be honest, I've never liked.
2. Glad I didn't preorder the season pass before release even tho I had my finger on the trigger several times.
Hopefully season pass 2 will be better.
ScVI was such a mild dissapointment between the Tira debacle, the weak Season pass and the lack of content regarding arenas, costume pieces and that weak af arcade mode.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017

maxresdefault.jpg

yeah...
Bruh what's going on here?????
This is an official alt or something?

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I always had fun playing Amy in the older games. Nice to hear her saying more than her name here, lol.
That was only a thing in III.
Cool, she seemed pretty fun to play in... the 3rd game I think it was.
III and IV (technically V as well, given her having a different name and fighting style as Viola, though anyone who was actually hoping for that version of her was never being realistic based on either the datamining or what VI already presented storywise).

Last edited:

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Bruh what's going on here?????
This is an official alt or something?
It's not an official costume, it's a create-a-soul costume. That costume is not a default costume for Amy, that kind of costume requires somebody to make and equip it on her.

That particular picture was posted on Project Soul's official media channels back in the days of Soul Calibur Lost Swords (probably the series low point). It's not an official costume for Amy specifically, but they were advertising it using her as well as others.

It's really gross any way you cut it.

Edit:

Actually it was in a trailer for that outfit:

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
It's not an official costume, it's a create-a-soul costume. That costume is not a default costume for Amy, that kind of costume requires somebody to make and equip it on her.

That particular picture was posted on Project Soul's official media channels back in the days of Soul Calibur Lost Swords (probably the series low point). It's not an official costume for Amy specifically, but they were advertising it using her as well as others.

Edit:

Oh it's for an older game and one I've never heard of.
I was concerned that it was some kind of offical alt for her in 6.
That's the kind of outfit i would only expect Ivy to wear

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Oh it's for an older game and one I've never heard of.
I was concerned that it was some kind of offical alt for her in 6.
That's the kind of outfit i would only expect Ivy to wear

I mean, it was the game they did just before VI. It was only five years ago. And they've brought the costume back with the create a soul parts DLC, so joy of joys, you might run into it online. I already saw some guy on the SC reddit shamelessly posting video with Talim customized to be wearing Ivy's outfit. When called out, he claimed that he believed that she was an adult (she's stated to be 13-14).

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Well they've brought it back with the create a soul parts DLC, so joy of joys, you might run into it online. I already saw posts on the SC reddit where some guy shamelessly posting video with Talim customized to be wearing Ivy's outfit. When called out he claimed that he believed that she was an adult (she's stated to be 13-14).
Oh once I saw the scaledongs on day one I already accepted that online customization would be wild in many ways good and bad. Can't fight that shit
But if that shit was an official alt by Namco, it was going to be some serious side eye.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was wildly known that Cassandra and Amy were leaked to be in the season pass a while back. It was around the time 2B was announced.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
On the one hand I'm happy, because I really like her fighting style in SC4 (didn't play much 3), not into her character at all, but I like how she fights more than Raphael.

On the other hand, I'd rather get Hilde.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I thought it was wildly known that Cassandra and Amy were leaked to be in the season pass a while back. It was around the time 2B was announced.

Yeah, this just confirms it and actually gives us a look at the character. At the very least, it shows that she'll be getting a story mode. 2B's lack of one had people wondering, but hopefully it means the series veterans will all get stories.

Geode

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
I guess it's time for me to buy the season pass. Amy is my favorite character, next to Siegfried.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
While I can understand people who weren't paying attention to the game being surprised by this, those who had been waiting on news regarding the DLC probably just didn't want to believe.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Oh once I saw the scaledongs on day one I already accepted that online customization would be wild in many ways good and bad. Can't fight that shit
But if that shit was an official alt by Namco, it was going to be some serious side eye.

I mean, Bamco made an official trailer for that outfit using Ivy and--of all the choices they had--Amy as their model characters. They were using this near-prepubescent girl body to advertise that outfit, which--if I'm not mistaken--was designed by a hentai artist (as were many of the outfits in that game.)

I don't see how that's a great deal less terrible than it being an official alt for Amy specifically.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
I mean, Bamco made an official trailer for that outfit using Ivy and--of all the choices they had--Amy as their model characters. They were using this near-prepubescent girl body to advertise that outfit, which--if I'm not mistaken--was designed by a hentai artist (as were many of the outfits in that game.)

I don't see how that's a great deal less terrible than it being an official alt for Amy specifically.
Huh, my brain fucking shat out on me, like i saw Amy and Ivy but my brain only registered Ivy.
I'm just surprised as I've been playing this series since 2 and I can't think of any other woman being officially lewd appearance wise other than Ivy, maybe Tira because of her suggestive animations?
That particular game does sound like a very low point in the series.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Why are Namco's Season 1 passes so shit? "LOL here's 3 characters. Only one of them won't be trash and we ain't tellin' ya which one!"

Auto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Edit:

Even if it's not official, Bamco definitely know what they're doing by marketing a child towards men. They are definitely banking on all the creepy men to buy her and give her all kinds of inappropriate costumes. I am not going to give the gaming community the benefit of the doubt.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
It would have been really nice to have Viola. Much like Doronjo in Tatsunoko VS Capcom, she had a unique flow to gameplay that didn't feel just like anything else.

That was only a thing in III.

I know, but it still stuck with me and local friends for quite a while. We'll always poke some fun at her character for it. And considering how this SC toys with the timeline, and these DLC don't seem to be the most extravagant, it could have been a cost-saving tactic to use! Glad they didn't though. "OYASUMI!"

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I'm gonna get A LOT of flak for this. But I'm REALLY not excited for Cassandra at all. Mostly cause to me she shared similar traits fighting style wise with Sophitia. So even in my SC2 days I always questioned why both were needed.

Now if they gave her Patroklo's fighting style then that would be awesome. It's similar to Sophitia's and Cassandra's fighting style but different enough for me at least.

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
I'm gonna get A LOT of flak for this. But I'm REALLY not excited for Cassandra at all. Mostly cause to me she shared similar traits fighting style wise with Sophitia. So even in my SC2 days I always questioned why both were needed.

Now if they gave her Patroklo's fighting style then that would be awesome. It's similar to Sophitia's and Cassandra's fighting style but different enough for me at least.

It's all good man, I feel the same way.
I felt Cassandra was just an edgier Sophitia and she always felt a waste of space since SC2.
Her and Amy being included before characters like Setsuka, Hwang/Yun, Lizardman, Zwei, Viola or Hilde seems odd to me. Not taking his personality into account, even Patroklos was better as a sword and board character.

Zarzolaon

Mar 16, 2018
OH
It's not but the datamining is indicating that there will be 6 characters for a new wave/season of DLC and that Setsuka is one of those.

I wasn't following SCVI news closely, so the Setsuka bit pleases me.

As for Amy, I like the character (at least back around 3), but didn't think there was a need to bring her back in this form.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
hwang has literally never had an original moveset
Yaknow... Hwang is a clone as well.
Weird that a Hwang fan is complaining about a "clone."

This might come as a shock to you guys, but Hwang's debut in Soul Edge makes him the OG representation of the Chinese sword. X stole his moveset and Yun Seung iterated on it - they're technically the "clones".

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
It's all good man, I feel the same way.
I felt Cassandra was just an edgier Sophitia and she always felt a waste of space since SC2.
Her and Amy being included before characters like Setsuka, Hwang/Yun, Lizardman, Zwei, Viola or Hilde seems odd to me. Not taking his personality into account, even Patroklos was better as a sword and board character.
For what it's worth, I doubt we'll be seeing any SCV characters in VI, partially because of the bad taste some of them left, but also because the game is set so far ahead in time unless they introduce story mode content to account for that.

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This might come as a shock to you guys, but Hwang's debut in Soul Edge makes him the OG representation of the Chinese sword. X stole his moveset and Yun Seung iterated on it - they're technically the "clones".

Hwang in the original Soul Edge was 90% mitsurugi.

X didn't steal his moveset... She had an original kit.

Yun Seong is also his own character.

The Archon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Amy and Cassandra are not very interesting for me. I still have hope for Setsuka, Hilde and Algol to be announced after this season pass is done.