• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

porcupixel

Oct 26, 2017
Comic book fans really do live in a world where everyone who doesn't see the world the way they do needs to be triumphed over and gleefully mocked like a villain don't they

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
All I'm seeing is Marvel's to blame for the current crop of mediocre Spider-Man films where he uncritically hero worships a billionaire war monger.

Great direction, Marvel. Just aces./s

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
All I'm seeing is Marvel's to blame for the current crop of mediocre Spider-Man films where he uncritically hero worships a billionaire war monger.

Great direction, Marvel. Just aces./s
Peter Parker into Father Figures? That's his thing though. Him idolizing a billionaire nerd that makes gadgets. Sounds like something Peter Parker would do.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Peter Parker into Father Figures? That's his thing though. Him idolizing a billionaire nerd that makes gadgets. Sounds like something Peter Parker would do.

6wracy0ws3y21.jpg

joedick

Mar 19, 2018
After hearing his specific thoughts on what to do with Spider-Man in the MCU, she admits, 'The idea of putting him up against a world where everybody had everything and he had nothing was a whole new way of telling his story. I thought, 'Goddamn, that guy's smart.''"

Hasn't this been the spidey story since day one 60 years ago?

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
From a Critical Failure and Box Office dissapointment to making Billions.

At least she was wise enough to accept the proposal and hire Marvel Studios.

Can´t blame her for not liking Feige´s idea at first.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
'We've sort of done that before. And I don't think I'm particularly helpful there.'
From the Sony email leaks, it seems pretty clear that Feige is saying that he tried to advise them before and they didn't listen to his notes. The guy is too polite to say it though.

His pitch is pretty good though since the agreement that he proposed, Marvel Studios being the production company producing the movie for Sony, is essentially the agreement that Disney has with Marvel since they weren't just buying the IP but the whole Marvel machine that already was creating a solid track record of film success when they bought Marvel.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
From the Sony email leaks, it seems pretty clear that Feige is saying that he tried to advise them before and they didn't listen to his notes. The guy is too polite to say it though.

His pitch is pretty good though since the agreement that he proposed, Marvel Studios being the production company producing the movie for Sony, is essentially the agreement that Disney has with Marvel since they weren't just buying the IP but the whole Marvel machine that already was creating a solid track record of film success when they bought Marvel.

He advised against every single thing AMS2 was raked over for.

hodayathink

Oct 25, 2017
The framing of the article are literal quotes from Pascal herself. Are you suggesting she was misquoted?

The content of the article is quotes from Pascal. The framing of the article, how those quotes are presented and editorialized, is something different from that.

Edit: to be more specific, this is the "framing" of the article:
Pascal was, at first, quite upset by this, stating that "I think I started crying and threw him out of my office" but quickly came around to see the merit in Feige's ideas:

Talking about her being upset, and using that moment to throw in the "she cried" quote, to make her seem emotional, even though the actual full quote says something more along the lines of "I either cried or threw a sandwich, I don't remember which", which is more humorous and less meant to be an emotional moment.

Last edited:

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
It's hollywood history that 2 great minds could come together like this for the bloodless collaborative victory that is the MCU spiderman even though I dont like him. I might need to read this book...

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
The content of the article is quotes from Pascal. The framing of the article, how those quotes are presented and editorialized, is something different from that.

Talking about her being upset, and using that moment to throw in the "she cried" quote, to make her seem emotional, even though the actual full quote says something more along the lines of "I either cried or threw a sandwich, I don't remember which", which is more humorous and less meant to be an emotional moment.
I don't get how it's a negative thing. She's talking about how she initially had a negative reaction but then realized that it was a good idea and they came together. The idea of throwing a sandwich is obviously humorous and it's a funny visual.

It's such a human reaction for a process that can seem so mysterious sometimes.

nonoriri

Apr 30, 2020
I don't get how it's a negative thing. She's talking about how she initially had a negative reaction but then realized that it was a good idea and they came together. The idea of throwing a sandwich is obviously humorous and it's a funny visual.
It's a negative thing because women are often framed as being emotional and out of control (hence "hysterical"). The article, especially the title, really leans into that.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017

The story of that meeting has been recounted before about her throwing a sandwich at Feige and half-jokingly telling him to "get the fuck out".

www.wsj.com

The ‘Black Panther’ Movie Deal That Didn’t Get Made

Marvel once tried to sell the movie rights to a whole roster of its characters. Rejection led the company to make the movies itself—and to create the most successful studio in Hollywood.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"why don't you let us do it"

*throws sandwich*

3 years later

SPIDER-MAN GROSSES OVER $1 BILLION FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FRANCHISE HISTORY

The thing that makes me laugh about this post is that Spider-Man Homecoming also has an "X years later" card except they fucked up the timeline. They very nearly tried to rectify it in the Blu-ray release by changing it from 8 to 5 but eventually it seems they realized just changing the number of years on the card wasn't the only problem as Keaton says "eight years" in dialogue and also based on the childish drawing in the intro and the fact that his daughter is a high school senior afterwards, she obviously wasn't 12/13 when she made that drawing, so they never did change the card in the end.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Amy Pascal is trash. I remember her making racist jokes about Obama. Fuck her.

Seriously its really fucked seeing people defend her ass

Would he like to finance some movies," Rudin wrote. Pascal wrote b, "I doubt it. Should I ask him if he liked DJANGO?" Rudin responded with "12 YEARS," to which Pascal responded by naming other films starring African-Americans: "Or the butler. Or think like a man? [sic]."

Yikes

Last edited:

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This seems extremely out of line. You're saying you're glad that a dictatorship regime attacked a company because of something inconsequential. Not to mention North Korea hacking Sony had nothing to do with her. It was because of the plot of a Seth Rogen film.
sarcasm not actually happy. wasn't very clear it was a joke. sorry

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
sarcasm not actually happy. wasn't very clear it was a joke. sorry
My apologies. I sometimes have difficulties noticing sarcasm haha. It doesn't help that I've seen this sentiment on reddit from time to time where some are happy about the North Korea dictatorship hacking Sony since it's indirectly responsible for bringing Spider-man to the MCU.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Here are his notes on ASM2
www.spidermancrawlspace.com

Sony Emails: Kevin Feige's Notes On Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider Man Crawlspace

Comicbookmovie.com's Josh Wilding did some digging around in the leaked Sony emails recently posted online at WikiLeaks. The dumped emails are searchable on

The thing is not that Feige "gets it", a lot of people get it, the thing is that it seems he's the only one with "power" that does. Which is funny and sad at the same time

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
But isn't that literally what she said herself? Unless the book is misquoting her

I'm a bit confused why the headline upset people
No, it isn't literally what she said.

"I think I started crying and threw him out of my office, or threw a sandwich at him - I'm not sure which."

That's not a definitive statement.

Oldest_Snake

Oct 29, 2017
I like your Spider-Man, except it sucks. So let me do the Spider-Man and that way it might be really good.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
She started crying? What?? Also, damn, we almost got Andrew in the MCU. This hurts.