• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
About Goddamn time. I've said for a while Disney is sitting on a literal gold mine with Kingdom Hearts. The series is WAY bigger than anyone gives it credit for. Sora wasn't the #1 request on the Smash ballot for nothing.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
disney creatives trying to peace together a story out of kingdom hearts lore

fb1.jpg

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It should be an animated theatrical movie. Give it all the budget.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Oh god being rumoured again.
As a big KH fan who actually follows the story, I'm not sure if I'd buy a TV/Series for this being a good idea ha, but I'd still watch it at least.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
It has to have good writing for once, otherwise it doesn't stand a chance as a tv show. Though movie probably will work with basic Disney cameo nostalgia.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I've said before that this might be the most lucrative thing for Disney to adapt that they haven't done yet at this point.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
To see the whole story you're going to have to subscribe to four different streaming services
Honestly, they should do that to keep folks sane. Imagine starting with a kid just wanting to save his friends and then fall into what Kingdom hearts end up being

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just give me a series of 15 minute shorts where Sora, Donald and Goofy travel to and are accurately depicted into the style of whatever world they descend into. That's all I need. Live Action Sora, CGI Pixar Sora, CGI Disney Sora, Disney Afternoon Sora, Duck Tales 2017 Sora. Let's get weird with this shit.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Season one streamable only on a TV.

Season 2 streamable only on mobile devices.

Season 3 requires you to wait 10 years

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
I mean a straight adaptation of the first game would be simple enough. But this is gonna end up some shit where you need to play all the games including the rhythm game and the mobile games that have been shut down just to understand. And you're gonna need to watch this to understand Kingdom Hearts 4. Considering the reveal at the end of the rhythm game, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up doing some meta bullshit where the game Sora meets the show/movie Sora. Or it's revealed that the Sora you've been playing as the whole time in the Kingdom Hearts 4 is actually the one from the show/movie and then you're gonna have to go save the original game Sora

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Look, all they gotta do is attach an AMV opening credits sequence to a new Utada Hikaru song and I will be there in the cinema.

The rest of the runtime could and probably will be utterly dogshit but I will be there.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disney funding a full blown CGI series by Image Studio Division would be the rollercoaster of a lifetime.

Nomura as Director.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
my understanding is that Disney has wanted to do more with it for a while, they just haven't gotten a pitch they really like

maybe that's changed recently. but they've been motivated to do more with the IP for a few years now at least.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Daniel should really not waste his time talking about this.

Disney has tried like fourteen times to do a KH project and it never pans out. This will be the same as all those other times. It's not gonna happen.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
this has been rumored for ages. i'll believe it when i see it.

Daniel should really not waste his time talking about this.

Disney has tried like fourteen times to do a KH project and it never pans out. This will be the same as all those other times. It's not gonna happen.

I think you might be confusing fan discussion and desire for actual rumors.

Daniel is a shaky source but this is the first time I can remember a source that is at least half-reliable reporting on a Kingdom Hearts film. Certainly nothing close to "Disney has tried 14 times."

Also, it was absolutely happen eventually. It's never been more likely than now, with the boom in game adaptations.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
well, it will be a decent Season 1 with fun crossovers and then in Season 2 they can go crazy