• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Gotta be a Disney Plus show. They can get a lot of mileage out it with the Disney movies being apart of it.
Budget is gonna be wild though, specially if they go 3D.

Mocha

Dec 9, 2017
I would love a full budget movie but knowing Disney, its probably a 15min short.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think you might be confusing fan discussion and desire for actual rumors.

Daniel is a shaky source but this is the first time I can remember a source that is at least half-reliable reporting on a Kingdom Hearts film. Certainly nothing close to "Disney has tried 14 times."

Also, it was absolutely happen eventually.

They've been workshopping it for a long time. They just end up getting hung up at one point or another.

We even have first-hand sourcing on that.

thedisinsider.com

Director Confirms Animated 'Kingdom Hearts' Series Almost Happened

For years there have been rumblings of a serialized Kingdom Hearts project in the works at Disney. While it was never officially announced or confirmed by the House of Mouse, one director surprisingly close to the project has shed some light on the project and revealed what almost could have...

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
I've thought a lot about how a KH adaptation could work, and there's just no way in hell it can work in live action or as a movie.

It has to be an animated series for any hope to tell a somewhat coherent story with this material.

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO
cybergoth-dance-party.gif
Me and the crew in the theater when Simple & Clean comes on

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
Animate that shit with Flying Bark studios(the production studio behind the Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) or something, keep the fuckery at a minimum, and we'd be golden.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm less worried about it being canon to KH and more interested on if they make it canon to all the original Disney movies.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
They've been workshopping it for a long time. They just end up getting hung up at one point or another.

We even have first-hand sourcing on that.

thedisinsider.com

Director Confirms Animated 'Kingdom Hearts' Series Almost Happened

For years there have been rumblings of a serialized Kingdom Hearts project in the works at Disney. While it was never officially announced or confirmed by the House of Mouse, one director surprisingly close to the project has shed some light on the project and revealed what almost could have...

Yeah, I'm not saying it was never something they tried to make happen. But the idea that it's something they've been trying over and over and over for years? I don't think that's the case.

Either way, it's never been more likely than right now, as every studio is going to try and grab onto the video game adaptation craze and KH is pretty much a guaranteed hit if it's quality.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm not saying it was never something they tried to make happen. But the idea that it's something they've been trying over and over and over for years? I don't think that's the case.

I don't think "trying over and over" is the right way to put it, but they've been open for business on the idea for a long time. Like I mentioned earlier they just haven't seen a pitch they like. It's less that they've started and stopped and more that they've just been waiting to start.

ReginaldXIV

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
I hope it's a TV show where every episode ends on an emotional cliffhanger that is never resolved or alluded to in the next episode.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
The first game is actually straight forward enough that it could work perfectly fine. I'd be down.

lori

Oct 25, 2017
they should make it a completely original story and give it canon importance to kh4

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
This will be a disaster and it wil be amazing or the worst thing ever

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I'd be down if Season 1 (if its a Disney+ series) ends up being KH1, not too off-the-rails story wise yet. They could maybe hint at what's to come but would be easy enough to understand

ozumas

Born to be Wise
Dec 15, 2020
This is maybe the only thing that may happens that could make me subscribe to Disney+`.

But unfortunately it isn't going to happen, just like the FF9 Movie / TV show

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Sora "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"s his way through the Disney live-action remakes that have KH worlds.

Nahbac

Nov 11, 2018
We have been getting this same story every 1-2 years since Disney+ launched, maybe it'll be true this time

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
honestly surprised after so many years, we never got a show or even a small movie, outside of a cancelled pilot

wonder if it would be a Disney+ special

could be cool to be a show

anime art style would be cool vs cgi, the games have great art

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
This is maybe the only thing that may happens that could make me subscribe to Disney+`.

But unfortunately it isn't going to happen, just like the FF9 Movie / TV show

A film or television adaptation of Kingdom Hearts will absolutely happen. I'm shocked to see people doubt that.

As for the FFIX animated series, keep in mind that that was announced in 2021. The same year that X-Men '97 was announced, which finally just premiered two and a half years later. This stuff can take a while.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really give two shits about the games but you better believe I'm subscribing to D+ for Kingdom Hearts Season 1

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
DanielRPK strikes again.

It's easy to tease somewhat likely things as "in development" and then "it fell apart/they didn't move forward with it" when it never surfaces.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Kids will be singing 'when you walk away, you don't hear me say, please Oh baby, don't go.." 24/7 , we're gonna go nuts lol.
And keychains, buy a lot of keychain merchandise...and zippers.