Oct 27, 2017
Just watching this video would probably be enough to understand that Israel got attacked early on by every other country, and tried again and again to make peace. No one seemed to want it.
www.youtube.com

The Israel-Palestine conflict: a brief, simple history

The conflict is really only 100 years old. Subscribe to our channel! http://goo.gl/0bsAjO One of the biggest myths about the Israel-Palestine conflict is tha...
Actually, if you look back you might realize that terrorist groups like the "Irgun" wanted it.

Israel didn't pop out of nowhere without any kind of violence or terror.

Oct 27, 2017
Actually, if you look back you might realize that terrorist groups like the "Irgun" wanted it.

Israel didn't pop out of nowhere without any kind of violence or terror.

Watch the video, it's 10 min long and you'll learn some stuff.

Israel was created because the British's gave it to the Jews. And British's gave a land to the Palestinians too. No violence or terrors. Israel got attacked by all the Arabs countries surrounding it just after.

Oct 27, 2017
Watch the video, it's 10 min long and you'll learn some stuff.

Israel was created because the British's gave it to the Jews. And British's gave a land to the Palestinians too. No violence or terrors. Israel got attacked by all the Arabs countries surrounding it just after.
I don't need to watch anything.

Palestine wasn't "given" by britain. It existed before britain. Go read on Irgun, maybe you will learn stuff:
en.wikipedia.org

Irgun - Wikipedia

Oct 27, 2017
So what did the British's do? Enlight me.
Colonized a lot of countries including Palestine, then under pressure from terrorists like Irgun decided to create a state over there for the Jews?

Do you even know what happened back then? It is not like Palestine was the only country occupied by Britain at the time...

The fact you link a 10 minutes video attempting to explain a very long and complicated conflict tells me all I need to know.

Deleted member 10747

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This forum isn't mainstream media, they shouldn't be censored for calling out the truth
I agree but important people here don't soooo.... perhaps they changed....
Ah yes, every Israel related thread ends up with just fuck Israel post.
So... Go Israel, go make good use of your new weapon of destruction and hope your new technology will be a big success. Now go and kill those..........

/s

Oct 27, 2017
Colonized a lot of countries including Palestine, then under pressure from terrorists like Irgun decided to create a state over there for the Jews?

Do you even know what happened back then? It is not like Palestine was the only country occupied by Britain at the time...

The fact you link a 10 minutes video attempting to explain a very long and complicated conflict tells me all I need to know.

Part I: History
In 1947, the UN adopted a partition plan for a two-state solution in the remaining territory of the mandate. The plan was accepted by the Jewish leadership but rejected by the Arab leaders

The Arab Higher Committee did not declare a state of its own and instead, together with Transjordan, Egypt, and the other members of the Arab League of the time, commenced military action resulting in the 1948 Arab–Israeli War

I don't see anything about pressure from terrorists. But Wikipedia is probably lying, anyone can edit it after all.

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
This isn't the first use of XBox controllers in the military, I read a while back that the US Navy were swapping periscope joysticks with 360 controllers. I get why, you want to recruit the younger generation and this is technology they are comfortable with, plus I'm sure it's significantly cheaper to use/replace than the original tech.

Oct 27, 2017

Part I: History
In 1947, the UN adopted a partition plan for a two-state solution in the remaining territory of the mandate. The plan was accepted by the Jewish leadership but rejected by the Arab leaders

The Arab Higher Committee did not declare a state of its own and instead, together with Transjordan, Egypt, and the other members of the Arab League of the time, commenced military action resulting in the 1948 Arab–Israeli War

I don't see anything about pressure from terrorists. But Wikipedia is probably lying, anyone can edit it after all.

Palestine was still not theirs to give and no country should decide what another country is supposed to be like. It had it's own people with their homes. Israel was created out of terror and massacre's. The Irgun article I posted talk about it. Specifically the Deir Yasin massacre, the hotel of david massacre?.

You never heard about the David hotel massacre? Did you read the link I sent earlier?

To say that Israel came from no violence and is innocent is a big fat lie.

Codeblue

Oct 25, 2017
Just watching this video would probably be enough to understand that Israel got attacked early on by every other country, and tried again and again to make peace. No one seemed to want it.
www.youtube.com

The Israel-Palestine conflict: a brief, simple history

The conflict is really only 100 years old. Subscribe to our channel! http://goo.gl/0bsAjO One of the biggest myths about the Israel-Palestine conflict is tha...

Even if you start at a place where you give the most generous interpretation on the founding of Israel, I'm not sure how you can then use that to justify apartheid and ethnic cleansing in the modern day.

OmniStrife

Dec 11, 2017
Palestine was still not theirs to give and no country should decide what another country is supposed to be like. It had it's own people with their homes. Israel was created out of terror and massacre's. The Irgun article I posted talk about it. Specifically the Deir Yasin massacre, the hotel of david massacre?.

You never heard about the David hotel massacre? Did you read the link I sent earlier?

A plot of land is nobody's "to give" for that matter, not the Jews' Brits' or Arabs'... all of human history is just a game of kill and enslave the population, proclaim land as yours... until another invader comes and does the same to you.

Oct 27, 2017
A plot of land is nobody's "to give" for that matter, not the Jews' Brits' or Arabs'... all of human history is just a game of kill and enslave the population, proclaim land as yours.
It belonged to the people living there at the time which is why someone coming in and cutting it in half is some really bizzare excuse to me.

At the end of the day, the way it should have been is one big state for everyone. Spliting it in half only cause hate and violence to fester.

Oct 27, 2017

The Jewish political leadership publicly condemned the attack. The Jewish Agency expressed "their feelings of horror at the base and unparalleled act perpetrated today by a gang of criminals"

=> Also go shit on the British and the United Nations. They agreed and signed a contract.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018

What country is not built from land soaked with blood? It's really just human nature to take over land and declare it as their own, it's not unique to israel or any country for that matter, on both sides there are people who just want to live their lives and religious extremists take that all away for greed and power.

OmniStrife

Dec 11, 2017
It belonged to the people living there at the time which is why someone coming in and cutting it in half is some really bizzare excuse to me.
People living there were under a regime that did just the same just before, it's all recency bias and some religious mumbo jumbo or manifest destiny that is normally used to justify the previous takeover and ethnic cleansing that ensued.

Fennec

Jan 22, 2019
Disgusting and shameful. I'm speechless, this is the epitome of how Israelis are dehumanizing Palestinian people.

Fuck Israel.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
I can visualize the strawmen being made in front on my eyes, all to try to defend Israel...

Oct 27, 2017

The Jewish political leadership publicly condemned the attack. The Jewish Agency expressed "their feelings of horror at the base and unparalleled act perpetrated today by a gang of criminals"

=> Also go shit on the British and the United Nations. They agreed and signed a contract.
You do know that a lot of members from Irgun ended up working for the state right?
I hope you do not live in the US.
I don't thankfully.
What country is not built from land soaked with blood? It's really just human nature to take over land and declare it as their own, it's not unique to israel or any country for that matter, on both sides there are people who just want to live their lives and religious extremists take that all away for greed and power.
People living there were under a regime that did just the same, it's all recency bias and some religious mumbo jumbo or manifest destiny that is normally used to justify the previous takeover.
I agree with you both on this point.

However, I feel the way Israel was created (to split a country in half) is the worst way it could have been done. Going into a country and then splitting it by force will only lead to violence. Co existing natrually without splitting is what should have been done. You would think humanity would learn instead of doing the same mistakes over and over.

Like what would people think if they one day were told the land they are living on is now not their anymore and is another country?

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
they'll be able to say "Gamers are one of the most oppressed peoples on the planet" while they colonize.

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
Hoo boy, this thread is going to be a doozy.

The AI system for Carmel was reinforced and trained ... with a few other games such as "Doom," to teach the AI different strategies for ... target detection

So... you can't make the gun go up and down?

On a serious note, this is what always happens with new technology. Some people will use it to make money, others will militarize it.

We're training AI on videogames because training software on software is a convenient thing to do. A while back we had autonomous cars being trained on Grand Theft Auto.

The potential outcomes of the work Deepmind are doing could be quite literally world-changing.

Worth remembering that it's the people using the tech, and not the tech itself, which is always the problem.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
We both siding this occupation huh? Really? There is a very clear power dynamic. The oppressor and the oppressed. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by anything gaming side.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
they'll be able to say "Gamers are one of the most oppressed peoples on the planet" while they colonize.

715.gif

OmniStrife

Dec 11, 2017
However, I feel the way Israel was created (to split a country in half) is the worst way it could have been done. Going into a country and then splitting it by force will only lead to violence. Co existing natrually without splitting is what should have been done. You would think humanity would learn instead of doing the same mistakes over and over.

Like what would people think if they one day were told the land they are living on is now not their anymore and is another country?
I completely agree, Arabs and Jews lived together peacefully in Palestine for decades, the British and then the cold war powers had to ruin all that.
Today it's even worse, as the leadership in both Israel / Palestine couldn't give two shits about their citizens.

Dec 26, 2019
Israel has become exactly what they set out to be against.
Israel was created to be a refuge for Jewish people where they don't get massacred like in dozens of genocides through history. They have been pretty successful with that. The methods of achieving that goal are certainly debatable, but compared the state with their perpetrators is ridiculous.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, the moment you put anything out there, you don't get to decide on what will be used. Nobel learned that the hard way. Let's not kid ourselves thinking we could mantain this little hobby of us pure.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Disgusting, but not surprising from Israel. They're oppressors using machines of war for genocide and talk about these usability features like it's a new smartphone model. Stomach churning.

It's disturbing how military are becoming more and more interested in using gaming and streaming as a form of recruitment and see it as desensitising candidates for war.

Deleted member 21012

User requested account closure
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Making light of a sensitive topic
Great, hope I can use it next time that I am summoned to do reserve service.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
The controller stuff isn't surprising. I want to say the US military has controllers for turrets and bomb diffusing robots.

Risev

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
...Aaaaand the thread has officially gone off the rails
I mean seriously did you want to have any discussion about this? For real?

Oh look. Israel are using Xbox controllers in their death machines that murder dozens of innocents. Let's talk about that without going off rails!

OP literally created this thread to criticize Israel so thread is very much on rails.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Israel was created to be a refuge for Jewish people where they don't get massacred like in dozens of genocides through history. They have been pretty successful with that. The methods of achieving that goal are certainly debatable, but compared the state with their perpetrators is ridiculous.
"Their methods" are next to others illegal occupation, discrimination, and massacre. A refuge against massacre achieved by the same on a smaller scale. And not to mention it isnt even an actual refuge for all jews, considering things like the forced sterilization controversy. I dont think the user you quoted said anything outrageous.