Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
Arlo also thought Link's Awakening remake was average to bad, as well as recently discussing how much of a con Nintendo online is. But hey, he liked Luigi's Mansion 3...
??? I'm as big of a fan of Nintendo as someone can be but I think Nintendo Online IS a con and wasn't interested in the Link's Awakening remake like at all but I definitely don't consider myself a negative person. Not sure how disliking things makes someone overly negative.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
He also has defended every other 3d mario. He has specific taste in games, not console.
Nah, he didn't like 3DWorld as much as Sunshine despite of it being a much better game.
Considering the breadth of references beyond just gamecube and how much he likes the vast majority of switch games, the gamecube take seems so silly.
He likes the brand majority of Switch games that reminds him of GC titles. See Odyssey (Yes, Odyssey is amazing but he likes it for the very specific reason it's like Sunshine).
Super Mario Sunshine was a fantastic game, and probably the only 3D platformer I really enjoyed.
Yikes.

Nov 23, 2017
Does needing to make his puppet gimmick work make it take a month extra to regurgitate the exact same (bullshit and overly nitpicking) opinions as every other reviewer or does he just want to be extremely behind and irrelevant

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Pokémon Sword and Shield aren't great games. At best, they're completely safe comfort food.

Horrible story, horrible online functionality, horrible performance when playing online. It's filled with questionable design decisions. Idk how people are getting so upset with Arlo.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
Started listening and stopped shortly, I unsubscribes already, the only game he has liked its the one I am not inclined to play at all.
Sound like another Arlo video to the playlist I am ammassing if sommeday I am suffering a positivity attack.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, he didn't like 3DWorld as much as Sunshine despite of it being a much better game.

He likes the brand majority of Switch games that reminds him of GC titles. See Odyssey (Yes, Odyssey is amazing but he likes it for the very specific reason it's like Sunshine).
Who are YOU to tell him why he likes the games he likes?? That is entirely blind conjecture and if anything there's proof positive what you say isn't even accurate. He at least had an SNES based on his references and seems to hold those with some of the highest esteem which clearly came before gamecube. And in terms of new experiences post gamecube, he has expressed high reverence for Splatoon, Mario Maker 2, Astral Chain, Labo, among others. So stop making up this weird rhetoric that's not even based on anything. So many of the complaints about Arlo aren't even grounded in anything concrete which is ignorant.

The worst part about a lot of the criticisms is that they essentially brush away the 40 minute critic he made here. If he was doing this for shits and giggles or to hate on Nintendo there would be no reason to make such a large investment and make logical points defending his perspective if that were his goal.

Majunior

Jun 20, 2019
This is ridiculous. Why are people being so uptight about this. Even if he was "nitpicking", it's his opinion. Dedicated video game reviewers that get paid put out stuff worse than this, but I don't see people complaining about upholding review standards there.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Nobody, he can like whatever he wants.

I do have a problem whenever he says that Nintendo games should be like that though (which he does, a lot).
I literally just posted proof as to why what you said isn't even true. The gamecube obsession argument immediately falls flat when some of the games he seems to love the most came out before and after the gamecube.

You're ignoring my post almost as much as you seem to be ignoring a majority of Arlo's content lol. Conveniently ignoring whatever doesn't support your view isn't how you prove a point my guy.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how negative his videos seem to be now.

I don't watch him, but I was under the impression he used to be pretty positive? Did that change or am I just making stuff up?

Oct 25, 2017
This thread more amusing than the review honestly. His opinions weren't even controversial but this thread? Whooo boy lol

lightning16

May 17, 2019
I wouldn't say Arlo is particularly positive as a YouTube personality, but some of you guys are way overstating how negative he is. I feel like the grand majority of his recent reviews and impressions have been pretty positive outside of Pokemon. He's done videos of New Super Lucky's Tale, A Hat in Time, Luigi's Mansion 3, Ring Fit Adventure, and Pokemon Sword/Shield over the past month and change and he really enjoyed 4/5 of them. He criticizes Nintendo in a lot of ways too, but idk I don't see his channel as being all doom and gloom like some do I guess.

His review for Pokemon lines up pretty well with my experience, though I disagree about the new designs being bad. They're mostly strong with a few bad ones, like most generations. He also likes the Wild Area but I thought it was pretty bad. Pretty good review in general, though.

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
I imagine being a YouTuber that only talks about Nintendo games is tough. If Pokemon Sword and Shield is the only lemon you get for two months, you make that sour lemonade and get the ad revenue and patreon money from it. I'm not a fan of sour lemonade much like a lot of people, but it's just lemonade.

It's just some guy's free-to-watch YouTube videos.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
I literally just posted proof as to why what you said isn't even true. The gamecube obsession argument immediately falls flat when some of the games he seems to love the most came out before and after the gamecube.

You're ignoring my post almost as much as you seem to be ignoring a majority of Arlo's content lol. Conveniently ignoring whatever doesn't support your view isn't how you prove a point my guy.
Defending Super Mario Sunshine, remastering TTYD (over the more interesting original to boot) and constantly mentioning Pikmin are pretty much his loudest videos.

Then again, I feel like this thread has been derailed for too long.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how negative his videos seem to be now.

I don't watch him, but I was under the impression he used to be pretty positive? Did that change or am I just making stuff up?
The video that made him popular was shitting on color splash. He is way more positive now in general. He even liked three houses.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Defending Super Mario Sunshine, remastering TTYD (over the more interesting original to boot) and constantly mentioning Pikmin are pretty much his loudest videos.

People have favorite games, more on the weather at 11. Like come on, that doesn't prove shit. Splatoon and Labo are also games he brings up and makes a lot of videos on, so I guess he's a Switch fanboy too.

Like I said earlier, you don't make a 40 minute video if you're doing this just to blindly hate on the product. Chill out just because his opinion doesn't align with yours doesn't make him any more or less of a fanboy.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
The thing I find weird about Arlo's channel is that, although it is Nintendo focused, it kind of feels like he let 2019 pass him by despite it being so dense in games and content. Short videos on FE, Astral Chain, nothing on DQ, no new trend analysis, that kind of things. Like, instead of making yet another NSO video or Paper Mario or Retro, why not do something about the fact that Tanabe and Next Level transformed what was a glorified GameCube tech demo into one of Nintendo's biggest IP in only two games? Surely there's a lot to say here. Or how Three Houses reinvigorated the fanbase, or how the collab with Koei Techmo worked so well? I don't know there was plenty of things to talk about and analyze and it seems like he missed it all and talked about old stuff he always talk about instead.

Anyway I completely agree with his review though, apart from the Pokmon designs, which I love. Won't move the needle much but I share a lot of his frustrations there.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

He only hsd one video about a ttyd remaster. He just doesn't like the direction of paper mario.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
He absolutely adored Luigi's Mansion, but cool story about how he's just negative now.

I haven't watched the video in the OP yet but Arlo has actually mentioned this himself in a few recent videos. Not sure why you feel the need to defend him against a criticism he openly admits to. Plus, does it really matter if he liked a single recent game if a majority of his recent videos are negative? People can only broadly describe the general vibe of a creator's content if literally all of their content fits the description?

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't watched the video in the OP yet but Arlo has actually mentioned this himself in a few recent videos. Not sure why you feel the need to defend him against a criticism he openly admits to. Plus, does it really matter if he liked a single recent game if a majority of his recent videos are negative? People can only broadly describe the general vibe of a creator's content if literally all of their content fits the description?
He also liked mario maker 2, three houses, and some indie games.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He only hsd one video about a ttyd remaster. He just doesn't like the direction of paper mario.

Which in itself is pretty reasonable considering what the recent Paper Mario games are. His favorite Pikmin game was the third one, which was a Wii U game. Seriously i'm not even sure how this "Gamecube nostalgia" thing even fits. Arlo has been pretty fair.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Give me a breakdown of this majority then. It's tiring seeing people saying this without actually looking at the content he produces. In terms of video reviews this is objectively false. He produced one negative and one middling review this year, with everything else being positive. Y'all are really the video games fans who see two or three negative videos and paint that as the entire picture, huh?