• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 563

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind waiting a bit longer, but I don't understand why they haven't sent me my tracking information.

Do you guys think an import/customs fee is more likely with DHL or UPS? That's what I'm worried about most right now.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind waiting a bit longer, but I don't understand why they haven't sent me my tracking information.

Do you guys think an import/customs fee is more likely with DHL or UPS? That's what I'm worried about most right now.

I would think DHL with my experience anyways. FedEx is the absolute worst, but I haven't come across modified often with UPS - they just take a hell of a lot longer for shipping Internationally in my experience.

TheDeep1974

Oct 26, 2017

European custom officers personnel after we pay import duties:

male-adults-spraying-beer-at-a-party-in-toronto-ontario-BR70DE.jpg

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017

Analogue tweeted all orders have been shipped but there's been a technical issue from their shipper with sending out tracking info.

DeadMoonKing

Nov 6, 2017
No tracking info via email or the confirmation site either and I can't use the UPS My Choice thing because I'm having this sent to my office and not my home. :(

Dec 29, 2017
Tracking is available on UPS.com, without a My Choice account, by using "track by reference"

Enter your order number, including the pound (#) in the shipment reference field. Shipper account can remain blank. Enter country & zip code, hit track, and enjoy!

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
Tracking is available on UPS.com, without a My Choice account, by using "track by reference"

Enter your order number, including the pound (#) in the shipment reference field. Shipper account can remain blank. Enter country & zip code, hit track, and enjoy!

This is probably the most helpful post regarding shipping here.

Sorry for all you folks with DHL though as there seems to be no way of checking as far as I can tell.

Deleted member 563

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Thanks, that worked!

Hexadron Looks like I'm getting mine on Tuesday. Shipped to Toronto

tommyv2

Nov 6, 2017
Figured out my UPS tracking to Canada. Brutal. Not due until the 14th and I'm sure it's gonna come with hella taxes and duties.

KTroopA

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
I believe it is your country's VAT + a import tax. For example in Malta it is 18% (local VAT) + 3% Import Tax.

Ok uk gov website says VAT + 2.5% import tax. So on value of approx $240 that is about £172 for the NT plus shipping - mine was $49.

20% of £172 = £34.4 + 2.5% of £172 = £4.30

Total import duty is £38.70 give or take..

DeadMoonKing

Nov 6, 2017

You.are.awesome. Worked like a charm and shows "out for delivery."
Thank you so much!

GreenMonkey

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
The range of badness appears to vary. I have a couple of their controllers now and there is definitely a range of mush sensitivity with some being worse than others, even in the same product line. Which isn't a compliment to the manufacturing process. Not saying I'd like it to be all the exact same level of bad, but a lottery is hardly better. And even then the low end of the bad spectrum still isn't great.

It would be nice if reviewers paid more attention to this specific flaw, even though it isn't directly an Analogue product, it is fully endorsed and pre-order linked from their product page. It isn't going to be a problem for some depending on how their genre tastes skew, but it is still a problem.

On reddit, there was some discussion. There's a guy that said the old 8bitdo tape mod didn't help, but just putting some squares of tape in the middle of the d-pad (between the contacts) helped a lot, raising the d-pad a bit upward. Someone else commented that they swapped in an OEM SNES d-pad and it helped, similarly.

So there could be some variance of how thick the d-pad plastic is that makes it more or less sensitive. I tested my SN30 and my older NES30 and I thought the SN30 was marginally better than the NES30.

Dec 29, 2017
Glad the UPS tracking by reference info helped out some folks!

This thread has been great to follow along with. I'm looking forward to more impressions in the coming days.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
The SNES's slightly-faster-than-normal refresh rate causes some NASTY noise in the HDMI audio. Only way to fix it is to run analog audio and I have no desire to do a very long analog audio run along side my HDMI cable that runs from my retro console shelf to my receiver. Even if I did, getting that analog audio signal to work with the HDMI video would take a lot of extra bullshit that I don't want to do. Hopefully Marqs will inplement some kind of audio interpolation, but right now that HDMI output is useless with the SNES.

It should be fine with those other consoles though, and all you'd need for the PS1 is a SCART cable FYI. Not sure what this retro adapter is that you're talking about.

My current setup uses HD Retrovision's YPbPr component cables. They're more convenient for me as my TV natively supports 240p, but I'd like to run everything through hdmi eventually.

wow people here are really anxious to receive their Super NTs, I must be getting old as while I am looking forward to mine, it doesn't really make a difference whether it's this week or the next, there is so much to play all the time.

I'm a little anxious, but mostly I'm just a little annoyed that I paid $~40 for shipping and I still have to wait basically a week for a small box. Everybody touts this things as a $200 console, but it's really $230. Sometimes closer to $300 if you're international. In comparison, my AVS only cost about $15 to ship and got here in two days (usps priority).

EDIT: forgot to mention that I did receive my SN30 discontinued model and I had no issue with it on original hardware. Easy Samus wall jumps (my go to lag test) and I even tried out Contra TAW (somebody noted dpad sensitivity issues playing that) and didn't really notice anything amiss. FWIW, I have issues with the Switch Pro controllers dpad, especially with platformers like tiny barbarian.

Last edited:

tommyv2

Nov 6, 2017
On reddit, there was some discussion. There's a guy that said the old 8bitdo tape mod didn't help, but just putting some squares of tape in the middle of the d-pad (between the contacts) helped a lot, raising the d-pad a bit upward. Someone else commented that they swapped in an OEM SNES d-pad and it helped, similarly.

So there could be some variance of how thick the d-pad plastic is that makes it more or less sensitive. I tested my SN30 and my older NES30 and I thought the SN30 was marginally better than the NES30.

This is a very easy mod to try, as well as a multitude of options in terms of types and brands of tape to try for the center portion. In a perfect world, swapping D-pads with an original controller and have the 8bitdo D-pad work perfectly in the original SNES controller because of the difference in PCB contact design would be great!

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
wow people here are really anxious to receive their Super NTs, I must be getting old as while I am looking forward to mine, it doesn't really make a difference whether it's this week or the next, there is so much to play all the time.

Yeah I mean I just ordered mine yesterday and it's not shipping until March 1st, So while I am a bit anxious to get it, I'm just taking the approach of forgetting I ordered it until it shows up. I have plenty to keep me busy in the meantime

Oct 27, 2017
I have mine shipping to my work and my myUPS account isn't tied to that address and I don't think I can link it there in the first place because it's a business. So I can't actually see if mine shipped or not. Hopefully they settle whatever issue is preventing the shipping info from going out.

Umibozu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any requests for testing? For this Sunday's video, I'm going to draw a comparison between real hardware, the Super Nt, Higan and the SNES Mini (using stock emulator). I have a bunch of tests ready but figured I'd see if anyone wanted to see something specific!
Can you check to see if it can ips patch fan translation games from an sd card and Japanese cart on the fly like a super ufo can?

Edit:specifically asking for games like sfc tales of phantasia and star ocean. Would be great if able to play those games off a cart with a patch applied without having to use an everdrive like device.

Last edited:

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't even consider this thing would be compatible with my Super Gameboy. Now the question is where the hell did I put my old GB games and whether or not the insides have crumbled into dust.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Which colour did you end up choosing?
I kept flipping back and forth between the SFC and Black until I landed on Black. I realized that I didn't want it to stand out in my setup and I'm hoping for a future SD Rom loading fw so I don't even need to plug in my SD2SNES so it'll be even more invisible.

EDIT: Which how much people in the US are paying for shipping I was surprised it was only $34 to Toronto. I guess I'll see how much I'll have to pay at my door next month.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
Analogue is ignoring my tweets asking them why they changed their shipping from DHL to UPS last minute when shipping to Canada. I mean it's a simple question. Not really impressed with their customer service thus far.

DeadMoonKing

Nov 6, 2017
Just got mine. Extremely well-packed and packaging is super-premium. I went with transparent and, while not as slick as the render, it looks better than the 8 Bit-Do controller. It also has a very nice large rubber pad on the bottom to keep it stable. It's heavier than I was expecting and very well-built. I'm at work, so I can't post play impressions, but it's looking good so far.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
I kept flipping back and forth between the SFC and Black until I landed on Black. I realized that I didn't want it to stand out in my setup and I'm hoping for a future SD Rom loading fw so I don't even need to plug in my SD2SNES so it'll be even more invisible.

EDIT: Which how much people in the US are paying for shipping I was surprised it was only $34 to Toronto. I guess I'll see how much I'll have to pay at my door next month.

Hopefully they sort out the sipping to Canada. Looks like nearly all shipments to Canada are quite a bit more delayed than others. Good choice on the black ;)

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Analogue is ignoring my tweets asking them why they changed their shipping from DHL to UPS last minute when shipping to Canada. I mean it's a simple question. Not really impressed with their customer service thus far.
They said they have a blacklog of 500+ questions, and that is likely being handled by a single person, so probably not ignoring just overwhelmed.

Be cool, everyone. They are a tiny company. Amazon's customer service staff alone probably dwarfs their entire staff by many multitudes.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
They said they have a blacklog of 500+ questions, and that is likely being handled by a single person, so probably not ignoring just overwhelmed.

Yikes! I just see them retweeting a bunch of crap all the time while they should be focusing more on answering those who already forked over their $ IMO. Hopefully they can invest more in Support for the future.

Sorry, i'm a bit salty with my order being delayed so much. Looking at next Friday now.

Status
Not open for further replies.