• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kpaadet

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wouldn't surprise me. They didn't say the most powerful console like they did with the One X.

I guess those so called "insiders" look a bit stupid now.
They can't say it's the most powerful console because they obviously don't know Sony's exact specs. Notice how Sony didn't call the PS5 the world most powerful console either? We'll all know more next year.
Does this matter? I don't really think it does all that much if the PS5 is a little behind or a little ahead in terms of power.
It matters to warriors that can't afford a PC. Don't @ me.

SuperSonic

Oct 25, 2017
I was waiting for Microsoft to say it would be the most powerful console ever but they didn't which means it's possible.

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
billbored.gif

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
This reminds me of the power wars we had on GAF before PS4/XB1 release.

SECRET SAUCE
ES RAM

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Certainly didn't expect that. But maybe there's something to it considering how Phil Spencer phrased it at the conference.

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
I don't think there will be much in it either way or that it will really matter in terms of sales.

rpg_fan

Oct 27, 2017
This rumor has as much value as the opposite rumors. We'll find out soon enough. I expect them to be pretty similar.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
While that would be beyond hilarious, i dont see how one could get any sort of noticeable difference in multiplatform comparison. Thats been out the window for a long time. I still say sony should claim their games look so good because ps5 has blast processing or such.

fossi8

One Winged Slayer
Apr 22, 2018
Not even revealed yet and we already started the next gen console wars, never change guys

Klokwerk

Oct 29, 2017
There won't be any meaningful difference because diminishing returns make it more and more impossible to see any difference.

Dec 11, 2017
The point of having both Lockhart and Anaconda is to have an affordable mass market SKU and an expensive ultra-powerful SKU for "hardcore" users they can brag about.

If Sony created a single SKU that they believe can sell very well and is more powerful than Microsoft's premium SKU, it fucks up Microsoft's entire 2 SKU strategy.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After seeing how much a 50% GPU gap mattered this gen, I cant say a few flops either way will matter when the gap will probably only be 10-20 percent.

Also MS has Lockheart so double whatever. Everything will have to run on that box and we dont know what compromises are being made for it.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Would find it hard to belief that an Xbox division with these resources and leadership would come in less powerful tbh

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing I've learned in the past few months is that neither Sony nor Microsoft have finalized the exact specifications for their next gen systems.

There's a reason they're both leaving out key details - they're trying to one up the other in power and don't want to show their hand.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
No wonder Phil Spencer said that 'Xbox Scarlet is the most powerful console we've built'. Usually they don't hold back to call x the best, biggest, fastest, if they're sure.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
By the sound of it they are going to be very comparable if the pricing ends up being similar. Do not put stock in rumour when it comes to this kind of console (war) spec stuff given they mostly turn out to be useless clickbait.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
Based off the bare details given from Sony and MS, they both sound like they'll be very similar and differences will be minimal at best.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
thing is we have high confidence they are close and at the level they are at it's not really going to matter much

No wonder Phil Spencer said that Xbox Scarlet is the most powerful console we've built.

sony hasn't released specs so they can't really say one way or the other

imagine the blowback if he said the most powerful and it wasn't?

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
We all know nothing. But Andrew Reiner, executive editor at Game Informer, might know a little more than the rest of us. It's worth taking heed.

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can believe it. MS will find some way to limit their next XBox to sell xCloud. To get the most powerful XBox experience...get xCloud.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
This may be, but Microsoft are going in hard around the entire service stack around the hardware. That is where the battle is starting to develop.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Doesn't really matter too much because what Microsoft showed looked ridiculously good graphically. The extra 10% advantage that either side has is for digitalfoundry to go after with jewelers loupe

Arxisz

Nov 1, 2017
Doesn't matter this gen, it will be all about the content(exclusives) and I predict Microsoft will get annihilated on that front again just like this gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.