• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Some women believe their place is in the kitchen. It's weird. I've talked to a few.

"So, you are okay if a man hits a woman?"

"Sometimes we need it."
There's a perverse sort of logic trap it's possible to fall into whereupon people broadly accept that sexism exists; therefore, elevating and emphasizing traditional female roles and stereotypes is "empowering" because, well, now women are getting acknowledged. We're acknowledging women.

This isn't of course what's actually happening and this framing ultimately worsens everything, but if your understanding of historical and sociological gender issues is either naive or badly misinformed, it can be convincing.

I nearly fell into this trap in my teenage years for a short while, though with nothing so severe as this.

Also just old-fashioned internalized misogyny.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Excusing/Justifying Misogynistic Beliefs
Some women believe their place is in the kitchen. It's weird. I've talked to a few.

"So, you are okay if a man hits a woman?"

"Sometimes we need it."
I'm ok with this. If a woman wants to be subservient that's her business. We shouldn't judge how people seek relationships and what the nature of those relationships are. As long as all parties are consenting adults - it ain't our place.

This isn't a defense of Tate and the trash he pushes.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
I love this response

View: https://twitter.com/galaxymutant1/status/1615598431887572992

But on topic is that what's really going on in the video? I spotted at least one woman there, why would any woman support a virulent misogynist?

After reading this in the news here, I was shocked to see how the Tiktok culture can negatevely affect young kids so much.
Most of these kids are 14-15 year olds that have seen some posts on Tiktok and went marching......
Has anyone noticed something similar in other european countries?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm ok with this. If a woman wants to be subservient that's her business. We shouldn't judge how people seek relationships and what the nature of those relationships are. As long as all parties are consenting adults - it ain't our place.

True but the "Sometimes WE need it" is a problem.

She needs to speak for HERself and not the rest of us. I'm definitely not subservient and I DEFINITELY don't want to be hit. That's pretty much my overall problem with these "pick me" girls 🤢

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Ah. Robert Evans and the Behind the Bastards podcast crew are finally covering Tate. They just released the first part.

View: https://twitter.com/coolzonemedia/status/1615423038656479232?s=46&t=Mco_sLoObaLUHyPWl3y0jw

Episode 2:
podcasts.apple.com

‎Behind the Bastards: Part Two: The Andrew Tate Story on Apple Podcasts

‎Show Behind the Bastards, Ep Part Two: The Andrew Tate Story - Jan 19, 2023

open.spotify.com

Part Two: The Andrew Tate Story

Listen to this episode from Behind the Bastards on Spotify. Robert is joined again by Ian Johnson to continue to discuss Andrew Tate. FOOTNOTES: https://www.newspapers.com/clip/108090691/chess-family-strives-to-keep-pressures/ https://youtu.be/bsu-IoE8J4A https://youtu.be/VIsKh-dtnQA...

Thordinson

Banned
Aug 1, 2018

We should seek to understand why a woman feels this way though and it's often because of upbringings where they are told they are less than men and must take care of them. This is not a good thing.

I do agree that we shouldn't judge them for it.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Episode 2:
podcasts.apple.com

‎Behind the Bastards: Part Two: The Andrew Tate Story on Apple Podcasts

‎Show Behind the Bastards, Ep Part Two: The Andrew Tate Story - Jan 19, 2023

open.spotify.com

Part Two: The Andrew Tate Story

Listen to this episode from Behind the Bastards on Spotify. Robert is joined again by Ian Johnson to continue to discuss Andrew Tate. FOOTNOTES: https://www.newspapers.com/clip/108090691/chess-family-strives-to-keep-pressures/ https://youtu.be/bsu-IoE8J4A https://youtu.be/VIsKh-dtnQA...

Nice, I just finished listening to the first one earlier today.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017

It has to be something SHE wants, for HER and ONLY HER. It gets muddy if she was conditioned from childhood to believe that's the way life SHOULD be because whatever cultural/social traits she picked up were considered "normal behavior" from her parents, grandparents, aunts/uncles, or friends and neighbors. Also, it still makes you shit if you are marching for the release of a grade-A shitstain like Tate who held women against their will, beat them and raped them. Do what you want to yourself on your own time, don't advocate for a predator to do it to other people. You can be fine making such personal choices for yourself, but acknowledge that such things being done to unwilling victims is something that should NOT be supported in any way. The fact all those people marching are FOR Tate just shows who and what they are.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Bit late but here's some photos of his cars being seized:

v1jf2k19v3ca1.jpg

73h4nj19v3ca1.jpg

72ivgk19v3ca1.jpg

T8 BYE indeed.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017

There's a difference between a dominant/submissive relationship and an abusive one.

Saying that some women deserve to be beaten by their romantic partner is disgusting. There is no excuse for it.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was watching the Vice documentary on Tate and it made me realize...for all the talk of an elite society controlling the world that's like literally what Andrew Tate seemed to be doing...well that and making money.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
So is this guy actually going to go away to prison or am I going to wake up in a few weeks to a video of him smirking as he strolls out to a fucking limo to go home.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Atreus from God of War got into the bad pyramid schemes
omg lol, cannot unsee

Oh nononononononono. I'm definitely not endorsing that. Sorry if that's how it came off
Honestly why the fuck did you even bring up dom/sub relationships in response to what bangai-o was saying? You even wrote "I'm OK with this" in response to him citing women who think other women belong in the kitchen (internalized misogyny, not their own personal choice to be a housewife) and that women sometimes need to get hit (not consensual dom/sub kinks, but retaliation for "insubordinate" behaviour).

It's frankly entirely baffling that this is where your mind went when reading that post, let alone that you write "I'm OK with this".

Last edited:

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
omg lol, cannot unsee

Honestly why the fuck did you even bring up dom/sub relationships in response to what bangai-o was saying? You even wrote "I'm OK with this" in response to him citing women who think other women belong in the kitchen (internalized misogyny, not their own personal choice to be a housewife) and that women sometimes need to get it (not consensual dom/sub kinks, but retaliation for "insubordinate" behaviour).

It's frankly entirely baffling that this is where your mind went when reading that post, let alone that you write "I'm OK with this".
You're being real aggro about this.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Oh god wait. So The Matrix is like the Illuminati? I thought he meant it kinda figuratively. Like, the mentality people who hate on him have is The Matrix and the "real world" was his worldview which he deems the correct one. Wtf lol.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Oh god wait. So The Matrix is like the Illuminati? I thought he meant it kinda figuratively. Like, the mentality people who hate on him have is The Matrix and the "real world" was his worldview which he deems the correct one. Wtf lol.
The actual use of that is just to explain the vast majority of people being within a system that they unknowingly are part of. The "unplugging" aspect is purely for people who see that aspect of control etc and pull themselves out if it. It's just an allegory to explain how some view the world as it stands and how they see themselves as part of against that overall system.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The actual use of that is just to explain the vast majority of people being within a system that they unknowingly are part of. The "unplugging" aspect is purely for people who see that aspect of control etc and pull themselves out if it. It's just an allegory to explain how some view the world as it stands and how they see themselves as part of against that overall system.

Man, bigoted misogynist right-wing chucklefucks co-opting a very left-wing movie created by two trans women will never not be infuriating.

But then, I've lost count of how many conservatives I see online and IRL that are fans of Rage Against the Machine and System of a Down, so I guess its to be expected at this point.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Man, bigoted misogynist right-wing chucklefucks co-opting a very left-wing movie created by two trans women will never not be infuriating.

But then, I've lost count of how many conservatives I see online and IRL that are fans of Rage Against the Machine and System of a Down, so I guess its to be expected at this point.
Even before Tate, it was used to explain a simple thing but it's been twisted and used by anyone that wants to expand on it to suit their own ends. People read far more into it and expand it to get what they want out of it aka Tate

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Even before Tate, it was used to explain a simple thing but it's been twisted and used by anyone that wants to expand on it to suit their own ends. People read far more into it and expand it to get what they want out of it aka Tate

Oh I'm well aware this shit far predates Tate. Been hearing right-wingers talking about being red-pills or whatever for many years now.

Chimpzy

Dec 5, 2018
I remember some bloke tweeting not too long ago about going to a RAtM show and being angry that de la Rocha spoke out in support of LGBTQ+, saying they "used to be one of us" or something. Yes, famously conservative band Rage Against The Machine. Good shit

Nowhere near as good as the boomer couple at a trump rally dancing to Killing In the Name while waving a blue lives matter flag tho. /s

Status
Not open for further replies.