• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Wish content creators online could just ya know.... Be normal.

Is there something about Twitch/YouTube/Streaming that attracts this certain type of person because the number of fucking creeps in that community seems disproportionately high.
This kind of thing is bound to happen with any popularity within nerd media. In this case it's probably an overinflated sense of importance and power due to the amount of praised mediocrity.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
I haven't been a fan of his for years, his content got a lot worse and my tastes just changed, but I did watch his stuff often as a teenager and honestly never thought he'd be this kind of person.

Every day I'm just stunned that damn near EVERYBODY with a bit of fame is seemingly fucking terrible. To the point where it's like they have no empathy at all. I just don't get it.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, this was posted on her twitter yesterday and it's just now starting to make the rounds? I fucking doubt Angry Joe is even gonna acknowledge it at all this point, shit's fucked

KingE

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
Joe is definitely annoying and don't care for his reviews but I'm not just going to jump on the bandwagon on canceling people without proof. Johnny depp was lied about and many others have also been canceled without proof.

Oct 26, 2017
This is very disturbing and disappointing to hear. I'm not sure what queued all these posters in that he was prone to this sort of behavior, but I'm surprised to hear he would stoop to this. Also, seems like a pretty honest account of events.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
After they reach some level of notoriety in their heads they feel like they are entitled.

I have a friend who lived in the same building as a reality show celebrity, and when she turned him down he became agressive, saying he didnt "need" her and many women wanted him. Fame did not make these people this way, jjustcreates an enviroment that permits them to do it and get away with it.

I feel so bad for this girl, her first experience in an event like this, she could have had an awesome time, met cool people and be encouraged and supported in this industry, but one asshole broke it all for her. Because he felt like he was entitled easy sex.

This enviroment permiting this shit is as much to.blame as he is, im glad they are being outed.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been a fan of his for years, his content got a lot worse and my tastes just changed, but I did watch his stuff often as a teenager and honestly never thought he'd be this kind of person.

Every day I'm just stunned that damn near EVERYBODY with a bit of fame is seemingly fucking terrible. To the point where it's like they have no empathy at all. I just don't get it.

I think of it as "absolute power corrupts absolutely"

They had a taste of fame and power and used it to overpower someone who they think isn't on their level.

Never cared much for this guy. Always wondered why he gets specific threads for his reviews rather than it becoming part of review threads.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Joe is definitely annoying and don't care for his reviews but I'm not just going to jump on the bandwagon on canceling people without proof. Johnny depp was lied about and many others have also been canceled without proof.
Oh, here we go lol ... didn't take long.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't he turn into one of those anti-SJW people or am I thinking of someone else?

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised especially after I found out he was homophobe/ transphobe too. Not that that has anything to do with this, but hate doesn't usually limit itself to one subject

Receipts? I don't follow Joe like I used to so maybe I just missed it, but I figured that'd be something big.

Depp wasn't cancelled. If you're a millionaire who's still making bank from movies you aren't cancelled.

Plastic Shark

Nov 17, 2017
This unfunny manchild, who still unironically says "sjw" and likes that racist jontron?

Suprise, guy was always a massive wanker.

Edit: on topic, it's very awful that folk with a large amount of popularity would be deluded enough to think they have power over others and can just abuse them. I hope more may come forward; there needs to be a reckoning with these sorts of personalities.

Last edited:

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
anyone here wants to make an OT thread about this?

Dozens of women have levied sexual assault allegations towards several Twitch streamers, Youtubers, gaming/esports personalities, and gaming industry personnel

Holy hell. I had no idea it had grown to be that many people and that many accusations. I recognized some of the names that were leaving OP Group. They weren't ones that were accused of anything, but they're the ones leaving Online Performers Group after the sexual misconduct from their CEO.

That almost seems surreal seeing that.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
seems weirdly defensive

I think those kinds of posts in these threads are sort of worthless. Lots of people are assholes, not all of them are rapists or sexual abusers. The takeaway from the last few years should be "wow this can happen to anyone, in any sort of situation, involving anyone", not "I can tell who is a rapist based on whether or not I like them". Like isn't that the entire point of Bill Cosby? That he was this nice guy, clean comic, America's favorite TV dad, did all sorts of charity work, all concealing the fact that he was a monster?

WackoWambo

Jan 11, 2018
Angry Joe may be the one big gaming YouTuber with more "I don't want to be alone with you" vibes than ProJared. Well, nick robinson and jontron are also up there.

I'm proud of these people coming forward. It's inspiring.

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
Unsurprisingly the replies to her Medium article are absolutely disgusting.

TheLastOne

Oct 25, 2017
I was confused originally reading only the excerpt in the OP, but after realizing my mistake and reading through the whole story it's certainly disturbing.

miren

Banned
Feb 13, 2018
Based on her sequence of events, seems he did some creepy power moves that are definitely not okay but I think calling it sexual harassment is perhaps too harsh a statement

Greenzxy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not enough proof? It's enough to Phoenix Wright the situation.
Can anyone at the executive meeting confirm that Joe was with the girl?

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
I think those kinds of posts in these threads are sort of worthless. Lots of people are assholes, not all of them are rapists or sexual abusers. The takeaway from the last few years should be "wow this can happen to anyone, in any sort of situation, involving anyone", not "I can tell who is a rapist based on whether or not I like them". Like isn't that the entire point of Bill Cosby? That he was this nice guy, clean comic, America's favorite TV dad, did all sorts of charity work, all concealing the fact that he was a monster?

this one is though, so its relevant.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I reported one of the posts, but doesn't seem like mods care. I don't see how people coming into these threads simply to say variations of "well that's not surprising" isn't considered drive by. It adds nothing, and just makes it about them.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
that is extremely disappointing. His persona was annoying at times but I liked how he was turning around lately, despite Alex influence. Which was only making his opinions more generic, instead of being "unique"

Sigh, I hope there is a way to only watch Other Joe's content instead, that guy is so fucking awesome

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I wonder if this will make his weekly news show. It'll be interesting to see his response. I won't be surprised if he plays it off as a joke or says he'll deal with it privately and we never hear about it again.

I feel like if you're popular enough to get a YouTube party invite and accept the bait, you become infected. There's some weird air of scumminess among that community that reminds me of the sex rings of Hollywood.

Edit: related question. What ever happened to projared and holly? Did they ever get charged for going after underaged kids?

Last edited:

Deleted member 60295

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 28, 2019
Didn't he turn into one of those anti-SJW people or am I thinking of someone else?

No, you're correct, right down to him "turning into" one of those people. Because he wasn't an "anti-SJW dude" for most of his career, far as I can recall. At least not publicly. However, this all changed starting in 2019:

rike55762k631.png

Eriol

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Santiago, Chile
can you point to someone actually wrongfully canceled? that loss his career and stuff? Can you point to someone canceled and staying out of the business for more than a few months?
You can coun with the fingers of your hands. Cancel culture doesnt exist, there's almost none repercusion to "canceled" people.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
i mean there was literally just a thread about Justin bieber where it was turned out the person was lying.

there is nothing wrong with waiting for more info
Who gives a shit? You believe the victim. If information & evidence comes out to contradict it, you then take it into consideration. We should be well, well, well beyond the days of preemptive both sides rhetoric when somebody comes forward with a story like this.