-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
For all of the accomplishments the game has garnered, exposing all of these people might be its biggest achievement yet.
I hope he's not allowed on this site.

Honestly, kind of thinking of making a thread about that, after I beat the game.

And of course separate the people who didn't like teh game for genuine people and then the ones like Joe who have major issues with the game for concerning reasons. Putting what their issues were and stuff. Also people who had no problems with the game. Cover all 3 grounds. People who like it, people who didn't but had sound reasons, and people who are scum.
Please do. Most of the time I don't even know which streamer to check up on.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Honestly, kind of thinking of making a thread about that, after I beat the game.

And of course separate the people who didn't like teh game for genuine people and then the ones like Joe who have major issues with the game for concerning reasons. Putting what their issues were and stuff. Also people who had no problems with the game. Cover all 3 grounds. People who like it, people who didn't but had sound reasons, and people who are scum.

Yeah a comprehensive list will do the forum some good. May also help will people curating their damn youtube recommendations

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
More of AngryJoe reacting

🤮🤮🤮

He comes across as an entitled manchild who refuses to actually give the game a chance for what it is trying to do.

lol. Why keep posting his links? You're not going to like his work any more the more you look. I'm pretty sure the mods will be fine not posting his stuff here anymore.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just saw this story and went to the final page (going through it page by page slowly)... I get this site is obsessed with TLOU2 right now but is him hating on it really relevant in a thread about alleged predatory behaviour and sexual harassment?

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
We honestly need a list of decent youtubers that people can watch. Im down to maybe one or two. Luckily the dev who broke down the PS5 Cerny deep dive is doing reaction Saturdays and he seems like a decent bloke. I just don't know who else to really watch other than him and Jim.
Outside Xbox / Outside Xtra

All 5 of them are legit good people, they helped raise a combined total of about 80k for the NAACP.

Aldro

Jun 5, 2020
Sweden
I just saw this story and went to the final page (going through it page by page slowly)... I get this site is obsessed with TLOU2 right now but is him hating on it really relevant in a thread about alleged predatory behaviour and sexual harassment?
You're right, my bad. Moved the further discussion to the spoiler section instead.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017

Tangentially. It definitely shines a light on his mentality.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017

people have been posting receipts for AJ's toxicity throughout this thread, and the very specific criticism he made in that video definitely speaks to that, too

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it'd probably be better to wait for the review and the review thread that will eventually come to post this stuff, or make a separate thread about this, as while it's concerning and I kind of agree on the idea of reporting him on Twitch, it doesn't have much to do with this topic, and there's better ways/threads to get people attention on that.

Review thread would also reach more people than this thread I'd imagine, or the OT, and I feel like for the most part people who have an interest for Joe's review of this, will most likely wind up in one of the threads to see it.

Namtab

Oct 27, 2017
The guy was always a fucking phony, he was only self aware enough to not talk like a fucking chud so he would not alienate his left leaning audience. Him talking like this about the game should come to no suprise to anyone.

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a quick preview on AngryJoe's review of TLOU2:

🤮🤮

To me he's always comes across as someone who consistently lacks depth in his analysis. Yelling your surface level argument at the camera doesn't make it any more compelling.

But I guess that's the schtick that's made him financially successful

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
To me he's always comes across as someone who consistently lacks depth in his analysis. Yelling your surface level argument at the camera doesn't make it any more compelling.

I've said this time and time again. An inarticulate mouthbreather. As if the YouTube comments section found an ambassador.

This dude never had anything worthwhile to say as a critic.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
Watching his streams ruined his reviews for me. The one game that did it for me was Cuphead. He streamed up until the second world and then uploaded a review like 2-3 days later. The review had him giving the game a 10 when it was clear he did not finish the game. Joe claims he does play the games he is reviewing off of streams but I don't buy it. He may do it for some games but not all. In his streams for that game, he admits this was his first time playing so it was not him going back for a second play through for entertainment purposes. Second, he was clearly terrible at the game with OJ finishing levels and bosses for him. There was no way he actually sat down and beat the rest of the game in that small of a timeframe. All of the footage in the review is from early in the game too. If he goes back to replay the games, why wouldn't he splice in some extra footage too? He claims he does this for his reviews and yet it was nowhere to be seen in this review.

It was evident he didn't bother to finish the game and slapped together a review with a 10 to appease the general consensus for a positive image and revenue. I don't think he does this for every game. Cuphead was a game out of his wheelhouse and I bet for games like Battlefield he will actually sink his teeth into and craft a good review. However, those streams for Cuphead revealed to me the integrity he lacks.

I looked into some of his TLOU2 streams too, and although they aren't as egregious as the Cuphead scenario, it was still full of Joe not paying attention and other things. He yells over the cutscenes and then complains later how the story doesn't make sense. Instead of letting scenes play out he just screams at how this shouldn't have been the direction the story should have taken. He's MIA during parts of the game too asking others to play. Once again, he CLAIMS he replays these games but does anyone buy that?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
It's patently obvious where this POS stands. Era needs to ban any discussion pertaining his content ASAP. "Why does Angry Joe get his own thread?" Well, not anymore, please.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AngryJoe needs to be banned here. No exceptions.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

Not digging into the TLOU2 stuff because I barely started it, but I did find multiple of his reviews through the years pretty in depth, or at least better than the average 5min media outlet video. That said, I started to change POV and think he probably hand picked which game for which actually going for through review based on some personal preferences, and only do superficial stuff for everything else. Ugh.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here's a quick preview on AngryJoe's review of TLOU2:

🤮🤮

About what I expected from him. This piece of shit is long due from the banned list.

I took a peek at the real TLOU 2 review he posted a few hours ago, and he doubles down on the same point, fucking applauded by his fanbase so yeah.

Wildstrike

Jan 18, 2018
Outside Xbox / Outside Xtra

All 5 of them are legit good people, they helped raise a combined total of about 80k for the NAACP.

Seconded - they also raised £53k for mental health charity Mind last Christmas.. and their 'Oxventure' D&D games are great fun .. they've done several live at EGX..
And while we're mentioning Eurogamer, the team that does their Lets Play etc videos - Aoife, Zoe, Ian (and previously Johnny before he moved to Dicebreaker) are all lovely people too..

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't watch this as I've not finished the game. Is there anyway you could generalise what he is saying without the spoilers?
He basically says that a female character, just because it's a woman, is "protected" against a threat in the story.

"If she was a man, she would be fucked, but hey because it's a woman!...", more or less. It's hard to say more without spoiling anything.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Feel like Angry Joe being a right-wing piece of shit should be its own thread; it's not really related to the situation in this thread.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
I can't watch this as I've not finished the game. Is there anyway you could generalise what he is saying without the spoilers?
He basically says that a female character, just because it's a woman, is "protected" against a threat in the story.

"If she was a man, she would be fucked, but hey because it's a woman!...", more or less. It's hard to say more without spoiling anything.

This. We can't say more than that.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Joe's take on TLOU2 is dumb as hell but I don't see how it's relevant to this thread