• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Heh, don't have to worry about catching scorpions and tarantulas anymore. Went to a giveaway island and got the models. Also treated myself to giant trevally and Napoleonfish models too. Could have gotten the other fish models I need but I already got three of each in storage and I don't mind waiting for C.J. to get those done

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
is there still a way to find islands with high turnip values or is that no longer really a thing?

decided to play again after a long time since in never tried HHP and I'd like to make some quick money lol

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
Started playing this last week on a whim and am really enjoying it. My first time playing an Animal Crossing game. I'm at the part where I have to farm 30 Iron Nuggets and wow, it takes forever.

How do I go about getting some help from another island?

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Started playing this last week on a whim and am really enjoying it. My first time playing an Animal Crossing game. I'm at the part where I have to farm 30 Iron Nuggets and wow, it takes forever.

How do I go about getting some help from another island?
So the big thing about getting iron and other stuff from rocks that you may not know if this is your first Animal Crossing is that you can hit each rock up to eight times before the timer runs out. Dig a few holes behind you so that your character can't be bounced backwards out of range and then start mashing the button to hit the rocks with your shovel. You'll still be at the mercy of the RNG, but it's way faster if you're hitting rocks 6x8 times every day instead of only 6 times.

Also don't eat anything and then hit rocks unless you want to move the rocks. If you eat, it powers up your character so you have a few instances of actually breaking the rocks (or digging up whole trees) and forcing them to slowly respawn starting the next day. So helpful for moving them, but really bad for farming resources.

I can't remember when it's unlocked, but at some point you'll be able to go on a Nook Miles tour from the airport to go to randomized islands you can harvest for resources, which is helpful if you've already expended your own island's resources for the day.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There have been some Series 4 and 5 cards in stock at Target, for those still looking for those amiibo to add to their collection.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
is it possible to split/copy towns? I have the game and I'm the mayor, and my daughter has a house here. But she's getting her own switch and will likely be off to university next year. what options do we have (Its a digital purchase)

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
You cannot split your island in New Horizons. You can move a player character to a brand new Island as long as they are not the Island Representative. So your daughter can start a brand new Island with her character, her belongings, and her house. She will have to do a modified day one where she's in the tent, but Nook will restore the house and storage when she wakes up the next "day".

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
You cannot split your island in New Horizons. You can move a player character to a brand new Island as long as they are not the Island Representative. So your daughter can start a brand new Island with her character, her belongings, and her house. She will have to do a modified day one where she's in the tent, but Nook will restore the house and storage when she wakes up the next "day".

hmm ok that might work. Can she come and steal my villagers when she has plots up? and will there be an accelerated route to getting eg the landscaping access etc?

can you do that with one copy of the game? eg:

- deregister source switch; register target switch as 'home' console
- I log in as me on the source switch, she logs in as her on the target switch
- I talk to nook and move her out? And she does the 'moving' thing on her side?

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
hmm ok that might work. Can she come and steal my villagers when she has plots up? and will there be an accelerated route to getting eg the landscaping access etc?

can you do that with one copy of the game? eg:

- deregister source switch; register target switch as 'home' console
- I log in as me on the source switch, she logs in as her on the target switch
- I talk to nook and move her out? And she does the 'moving' thing on her side?

So, just like starting a new game, she will arrive on her new Island with 2 Villagers, a Sisterly and Jock. Besides keeping her house and belongings, the beginning of the game is largely the same where Nook has you do a bunch of tasks including recruiting Villagers.

Eventually she can start taking Villagers that are leaving your island. It might be after she gets 6 Villagers of her own, though.

I think you will need 2 copies of the game, unfortunately, but I'm not certain. You actually move a character out at the main menu by pressing the "-" button and choosing the option there. Youtube tutorials are going to be your best friend. This something I haven't actually done but seen others do in the past, so I'm a bit hazy on all the details.

Here's a YouTube video showing the process. It looks like you keep all the Apps on your phone, so the landscaping access should be there.

youtu.be

Moving Your Animal Crossing: New Horizons Character

The November 2020 update added the long-awaited ability to transfer islands and/or players to a new Switch system. Here's what that process looks like for mo...

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
thanks. would really prefer not to get a second copy but maybe i can borrow one - she should be able to play my version on her 'primary' console and if thats in the T&Cs for Nintendo they shouldn't then require another copy to do a transfer. But Nintendo gonna Nintendo obviously.

Maybe buy a copy from CEX and trade back in straight after if needed.

Camp1nCarl

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody have an extra of the Toy Day illuminated DIYs or the festive tree DIYs, or know the easiest way to acquire them (besides the normal balloons or villager methods, maybe an online website)? Haven't managed to get any of them playing the past few seasons...

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone
I have an issue with HHP.

We had New Horizons as a digital copy but kind of screwed up because we bought it on my account and it's my wife playing with her account.
It worked fine for a while because her console was my account main system... Until I decided it was too much of a hassle for me and made my own console my account's main system.

Because of that of course, my wife can't play the digital version of NH with her save anymore, so I bought her a physical copy for cheap.
Her save work fine but the game tells her she doesn't own Happy Home Paradise.
Since she actually has a Nintendo Online membership (we share a family subscription) I made sure to redownload the DLC with her account, and if I go to the store page it now says "Downloaded" and "you own this because you have a membership"... But in game we still have the "You need to own HHP" error.

Do you have any idea what could be the issue...?

Thank you

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Hi everyone
I have an issue with HHP.

We had New Horizons as a digital copy but kind of screwed up because we bought it on my account and it's my wife playing with her account.
It worked fine for a while because her console was my account main system... Until I decided it was too much of a hassle for me and made my own console my account's main system.

Because of that of course, my wife can't play the digital version of NH with her save anymore, so I bought her a physical copy for cheap.
Her save work fine but the game tells her she doesn't own Happy Home Paradise.
Since she actually has a Nintendo Online membership (we share a family subscription) I made sure to redownload the DLC with her account, and if I go to the store page it now says "Downloaded" and "you own this because you have a membership"... But in game we still have the "You need to own HHP" error.

Do you have any idea what could be the issue...?

Thank you

Sounds like you will need to call the Nintendo Customer Support hotline on this one.

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like you will need to call the Nintendo Customer Support hotline on this one.
So I:
- Removed the game card
- Deleted everything ACNH off the console except from the save
- Put the card again which prompted updates download
- Downloaded again HHP making sure I did it from her account.

And everything turned out fine this time.
Not sure what I did wrong last time but at least it works now!

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Is anyone still playing this?

I recently got back into it and realized I never finished the art exhibit in the museum. Does anyone have any extra art pieces to trade? I can check what I need and report back.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone still playing this?

I recently got back into it and realized I never finished the art exhibit in the museum. Does anyone have any extra art pieces to trade? I can check what I need and report back.
Still play daily, heh. I find it a relaxing way to unwind and usually just check in for the Nook Miles and see if there are any NPC visitors with stuff I still need. I'm this close to finishing off my Sahara and Gulliver collections.

I've been storing any art repeats, so I'll check if I have anything you need. And remember to visit Harv's island at least once a week to view Redd's inventory. It really helped speed up my museum completion near the end.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Still play daily, heh. I find it a relaxing way to unwind and usually just check in for the Nook Miles and see if there are any NPC visitors with stuff I still need. I'm this close to finishing off my Sahara and Gulliver collections.

I've been storing any art repeats, so I'll check if I have anything you need. And remember to visit Harv's island at least once a week to view Redd's inventory. It really helped speed up my museum completion near the end.
I play it daily lately, too. I hadn't touched it in over a year and then I decided to fire up Pocket Camp on mobile and it planted the seed in my brain.

I double checked and these are the art pieces I'm missing. I do visit Redd every day and always buy something whether I have it or not, but I still haven't gotten these:

- Calm Painting
- Great Statue
- Mysterious Painting
- Proper Painting
- Robust Statue
- Scenic Painting
- Solemn Painting

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I haven't played in a while but I still love it and will get back to it eventually. (Stuck on TotK right now) I literally just need one more piece of art, and a bunch of bugs, fish and sea creatures. Got all the Gyroids already. Kinda stuck trying to design my farm. Tempted to buy the game a second time to install on my other Switch so I can have a second island to store stuff on for transferring between. You know, like professional New Horizons players do. lol

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
I play it daily lately, too. I hadn't touched it in over a year and then I decided to fire up Pocket Camp on mobile and it planted the seed in my brain.

I double checked and these are the art pieces I'm missing. I do visit Redd every day and always buy something whether I have it or not, but I still haven't gotten these:

- Calm Painting
- Great Statue
- Mysterious Painting
- Proper Painting
- Robust Statue
- Scenic Painting
- Solemn Painting
According to datamining, Redd can only sell two real pieces of art on Harv's Island each week (which starts on Monday). So if you've already bought two real pieces in a week you can save some time and bells and just skip him the rest of the week.

These are the repeats I have:
- Calm Painting
- Great Statue
- Robust Statue

Gonna be away on Saturday, but I'll be free Sunday afternoon (ET) or weeknights next week.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
According to datamining, Redd can only sell two real pieces of art on Harv's Island each week (which starts on Monday). So if you've already bought two real pieces in a week you can save some time and bells and just skip him the rest of the week.

These are the repeats I have:
- Calm Painting
- Great Statue
- Robust Statue

Gonna be away on Saturday, but I'll be free Sunday afternoon (ET) or weeknights next week.
Ah, I didn't know that (the limit on real art).

I'm in the eastern time zone as well. I think I have plans on Sunday afternoon, but maybe we can connect sometime next week.

EDIT: That's kinda funny… I just got the Solemn Painting in the mail from one of my villagers.

Last edited:

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Shang Are you gonna have any time this week to maybe connect and trade some art?

Also, I have a huge spike in my village right now on turnips. If anyone's looking to sell, Nook's is buying for 508!

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Shang Are you gonna have any time this week to maybe connect and trade some art?

Also, I have a huge spike in my village right now on turnips. If anyone's looking to sell, Nook's is buying for 508!
I actually happen to be playing right now, heh. Dodo code is M0R65 if you wanna visit. I might go afk, but I'll leave the art in front of Nook's Cranny. If now isn't good I can hop on again around 9:30 PM ET tonight, or I usually play around 5:30 PM on weekdays.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Which specific art do you need?

Since I completed the museum a while ago, I still collect fossils and art and just keep them in my locker (if they're legit). I... MAY have what you (anyone) need(s)?

Also, lol. I was the guy making the models for every bug and fish and I'm only 8 bug models and 12 fish models away from finally being done (c'mon Flick! Come back!). I have them displayed outside on display stands (the bugs, at least) and when you go near them the framerate slows to a crawl, lol. If you hang out by them for a while and then go running off, you'll see the item models for the other stuff around town pop-in suddenly, lol. it's... weird.

Also 2: It took me like... 2 months a while ago to breed blue roses. If anyone wants... ONE, they can have one. Then you can just "clone' more by watering it when it's got two free spaces around it.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017

Since I completed the museum a while ago, I still collect fossils and art and just keep them in my locker (if they're legit). I... MAY have what you (anyone) need(s)?

Also, lol. I was the guy making the models for every bug and fish and I'm only 8 bug models and 12 fish models away from finally being done (c'mon Flick! Come back!). I have them displayed outside on display stands (the bugs, at least) and when you go near them the framerate slows to a crawl, lol. If you hang out by them for a while and then go running off, you'll see the item models for the other stuff around town pop-in suddenly, lol. it's... weird.

Also 2: It took me like... 2 months a while ago to breed blue roses. If anyone wants... ONE, they can have one. Then you can just "clone' more by watering it when it's got two free spaces around it.
I'm also one of the crazy people who spent hours upon hours catching 4 types of every bug and fish (3 for Flick, 1 to display). And then a year later Happy Home Designer came out and allowed you to freely design houses with the models lol.

Also took me a couple of months to breed blue roses, and I wish I had done it sooner. Forget the stalk market; blue roses are the best way to make money in New Horizons and they''ll be my first priority in the next game.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I'm also one of the crazy people who spent hours upon hours catching 4 types of every bug and fish (3 for Flick, 1 to display). And then a year later Happy Home Designer came out and allowed you to freely design houses with the models lol.

Also took me a couple of months to breed blue roses, and I wish I had done it sooner. Forget the stalk market; blue roses are the best way to make money in New Horizons and they''ll be my first priority in the next game.
mmm...

I dunno. I DO use blue roses for a good income every few days. Gold roses are worth the same amount though, and are much, MUCH easier to make.
I had about 120 Gold roses in areas around my island before, but now I have... geez I wanna say 210? 200-something? 183 201 (lol, forgot about a patch I have up north...) Gold and blue rose plants around town that I can pluck every few days and sell for some good money.

I actually haven't done it in a while, since I don't like it during those two days where the rose flowers don't look pretty lol. Plus I already have like 120 million bells in the bank anyways (and 2 million + Nook Miles!).

Last edited:

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Thanks again, Shang !

With the ones Shang just gave me, I still need:

- Mysterious Painting
- Proper Painting
- Scenic Painting

If you have extras of any of those, I would love to trade you something for them! I have a ton of bells, a multitude of gyroids, some duplicate fossils, and lots of other miscellaneous stuff.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
No problem! I hope they were all real, lol. No refunds...

mmm...

I dunno. I DO use blue roses for a good income every few days. Gold roses are worth the same amount though, and are much, MUCH easier to make.
I had about 120 Gold roses in areas around my island before, but now I have... geez I wanna say 210? 200-something? 183 Gold and blue rose plants around town that I can pluck every few days and sell for some good money.

I actually haven't done it in a while, since I don't like it during those two days where the rose flowers don't look pretty lol. Plus I already have like 120 million bells in the bank anyways (and 2 million + Nook Miles!).
Ah, good point. I don't have access to the gold rose wreath/crown recipes, so I just had it in my mind that blue roses were worth the most. In any case, the hassle of buying hundreds of turnips and stuffing them in every corner of my house and island is not something I''ll miss.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks again, Shang !

With the ones Shang just gave me, I still need:

- Mysterious Painting
- Proper Painting
- Scenic Painting

If you have extras of any of those, I would love to trade you something for them! I have a ton of bells, a multitude of gyroids, some duplicate fossils, and lots of other miscellaneous stuff.
I don't have a Proper painting, but i have a Scenic and Mysterious paintings you can have. I always check art with Blathers before I put them in storage, but just double checked and he gave me the thumbs up again, lol.
I don't need anything, lol. You can just have them.

No problem! I hope they were all real, lol. No refunds...

Ah, good point. I don't have access to the gold rose wreath/crown recipes, so I just had it in my mind that blue roses were worth the most. In any case, the hassle of buying hundreds of turnips and stuffing them in every corner of my house and island is not something I''ll miss.
Yeah, gold/blue roses are just the best for making money. You don't have to keep track of turnip prices, you don't have to tediously shake fruit trees, you don't have to water veggies after you pluck them.

Although, probably the most money I make is the expensive bugs/fishes I save in my storage for when Flick or CJ come around. I never sell any expensive bugs or fishes/sharks to the Nooklings. I always save them for a visit from those two.

Last edited:

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I don't have a Proper painting, but i have a Scenic and Mysterious paintings you can have. I always check art with Blathers before I put them in storage, but just double checked and he gave me the thumbs up again, lol.
I don't need anything, lol. You can just have them.
That would be awesome!

Do you have time now? I can open my island gate and give you the Dodo code.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
if I delete the game from my Switch but keep the save file, will I keep my island?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
This game should let you delete friends, it's crazy they didn't think about it nor made an update.
My mother like to restart her game, on 3DS she did a lot and you could keep some stuff, here I have now her character listed as friend 8 times, and you can't delete or remove the previous ones.

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada
This is gonna be an out of left field request for a game that's more or less dead, but my wife just got back into it and she's dying for some tension pole shelves, or the recipe to make them. Anybody able to hook us up?

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
This is gonna be an out of left field request for a game that's more or less dead, but my wife just got back into it and she's dying for some tension pole shelves, or the recipe to make them. Anybody able to hook us up?
Sorry I can't help, but I'm unable to make those... which is strange considering how many recipes I have and how long I've been playing, lol.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
You mean the Tension-Pole Rack specifically, correct? I don't have the recipe, but I checked in with my brother and he does. I can ask him to craft some. How many do you reckon she'd want? I usually play around 5-6 PM Eastern, but you can let me know when you're available and we can set a time up.

Sorry I can't help, but I'm unable to make those... which is strange considering how many recipes I have and how long I've been playing, lol.
Looking it up, the recipe was only added in the 2.0 update, and only Big Sister villagers can give it to you. The problem is they introduced so many new food recipes that the pool of possible recipes is gigantic now. I really wish they would prioritize giving you recipes you don't know yet. I've been playing since launch and still play daily just to get that elusive Blue Rose Crown/Wreath recipe.

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada
You mean the Tension-Pole Rack specifically, correct? I don't have the recipe, but I checked in with my brother and he does. I can ask him to craft some. How many do you reckon she'd want? I usually play around 5-6 PM Eastern, but you can let me know when you're available and we can set a time up.

Looking it up, the recipe was only added in the 2.0 update, and only Big Sister villagers can give it to you. The problem is they introduced so many new food recipes that the pool of possible recipes is gigantic now. I really wish they would prioritize giving you recipes you don't know yet. I've been playing since launch and still play daily just to get that elusive Blue Rose Crown/Wreath recipe.
Yes, that's the one!! My wife is making a café on our island and really wants a few. She's looking for 3 of the dark wood ones if possible. Anything we can give you in return? Are nook mile tickets still a thing for trading? We could do 5-6 eastern as well but are pretty available otherwise too. Send me a PM!

Stevo

Jan 29, 2019
Don't seem to have that one despite all the time played either. Glad to see you're getting sorted out one way or another!

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada
Don't seem to have that one despite all the time played either. Glad to see you're getting sorted out one way or another!
My wife is on maternity leave and just started getting back into it after a long while. Animal Crossing is truly that comforting hug of a game that is always there for you when you need it. And the community remains one of the best!