Status
Not open for further replies.

Geekostrof

One Winged Slayer
Apr 18, 2019
So happy right now!
Just got my 5-star rating! I really thought it was super far off since my island is pretty... Basic (:

Oct 27, 2017
Claudia is crafting a lucky gold cat. Message me if you want the DIY recipe.

As always, watering some of my flowers while you're here is appreciated!

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
It's time to talk about the fact that the voices of other characters coming out of Isabelle's mouth when she quotes them is creepy as hell.

Maybe everyone is just Isabelle but she is wearing their flesh. Maybe Isabelle isnt a person but a race of demonic beings luring little kids into their trap.

Harris

Nov 15, 2019
UK
Astrid is crafting the Ironwood Cupboard this morning if anyone wants to get the recipe? That is, if you haven't already, as I think most people here will.

Sandy is in boxes today if anyone wants an ostrich? I really liked Sandy, but she was one of four normal characters, and she asked to leave first. Bon voyage, Speedy. I hope you find a nice new home.

Nook's are selling a billiard table and red cushioned piano stool as specials. I'm not interested, so if anyone wants them they are welcome to come over and purchase. They also have the orange cardboard box if anyone is missing that one.

Anyone have any old 100+ turnip price so my sister can last minute dump an inventory worth?
147 here if that is high enough?

Oct 27, 2017
Astrid is crafting the Ironwood Cupboard this morning if anyone wants to get the recipe? That is, if you haven't already, as I think most people here will.

Sandy is in boxes today if anyone wants an ostrich? I really liked Sandy, but she was one of four normal characters, and she asked to leave first. Bon voyage, Speedy. I hope you find a nice new home.

Nook's are selling a billiard table and red cushioned piano stool as specials. I'm not interested, so if anyone wants them they are welcome to come over and purchase. They also have the orange cardboard box if anyone is missing that one.
I'd like to come over for the orange cardboard box at some point!

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So is there a benefit to maintaining a variety of villager types? Or does it really matter at all?

Reactions are locked behind personality types.
Otherwise, you get a slightly bigger variety of DIYs from them (though Bam was crafting a pear dress the other day, so I don't think that stuff is outright gated).

Outside of gameplay, you also get more variety in dialogue and conversations.

Harris I'd like to stop by for that cardboard box and maybe the piano seat in a few hours, need to do shopping. What colour is the pool table?

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
1. I've got Astrid in boxes today. If anyone wants her.

2. Why the fuck is K.K. so close to the entrance... they should put less chairs there.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Do we have any indication on when to expect the NEW villagers to get Amiibos?

Cause looking at the new hot info about campsites (that the game focuses on giving you a villager of a type you don't have so much so that it's apparently like a 60% chance a campsite visitor will be that type) it seems that once I'm done with my list of villagers it's gonna be hard finding Judy in the campsite.

On the flip side I could hope for Smug Cat seeing as Smug and Jock will be the only types I'm missing but yeah ... would prefer to just use an amiibo instead of praying to RNG that would be weighted more against me getting Judy than normal.

Oct 27, 2017
Claudia is crafting a lucky gold cat. Message me if you want the DIY recipe.

As always, watering some of my flowers while you're here is appreciated!
Claudia is still crafting, and I also have the following fossils to give away:

Brachio skull
Iguanodon skull
Pachysaurus skull
Trilobite

Nooks is selling the aluminium briefcase (unknown variant), cacao tree, cardboard box (labelled), oil lamp, kiwi umbrella, sunny parasol, gold- iron-parquet flooring, artsy parquet flooring, etc. The Able Sisters are selling the royal crown (1.2 million bells), cycling shirts, buttoned wraparound skirts, camo pants, a tuna-sushi costume, fox masks, antique boots, etc.

Last edited:

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I read somewhere that they need to be watered.
Planted weeds will grow and they don't need to be watered.
But how long do they need to grow just a little bit? Weeds have different stages of growth, that I know. I've planted mine two or three days ago and they didn't change one bit.
Would like to know that as well as I've read the same thing.
I was rushing to use my May Day ticket at 11:30pm yesterday because of that.
2. Why the fuck is K.K. so close to the entrance... they should put less chairs there.
I don't know. What I always thought was, why are there only 8 chairs when you can have 10 villagers...?

Same with cupcakes on your birthday. You get 8 cupcakes to share with your 10 neighbors....

Oct 27, 2017
But how long do they need to grow just a little bit? Weeds have different stages of growth, that I know. I've planted mine two or three days ago and they didn't change one bit.
I planted some weeds two or three days ago as well, taken from an island tour. They've grown larger both yesterday and today. I don't know why yours wouldn't have.

... it did rain yesterday, but I don't remember it raining the day prior. Maybe that does have something to do with it, I don't know.

Titchyman

Oct 27, 2017
Claudia is still crafting, and I also have the following fossils to give away:

Brachio skull
Iguanodon skull
Pachysaurus skull
Trilobite

Nooks is selling the aluminium briefcase (unknown variant), cacao tree, cardboard box (labelled), oil lamp, kiwi umbrella, sunny parasol, gold- iron-parquet flooring, artsy parquet flooring, etc. The Able Sisters are selling the royal crown (1.2 million bells), cycling shirts, buttoned wraparound skirts, camo pants, a tuna-sushi costume, fox masks, antique boots, etc.

I'd love to come grab the lucky cat if she's still making it? And if no ones claimed it the Brachio skull.

Harris

Nov 15, 2019
UK
A couple of us are trying to organise a cataloguing swap meet, as inspired by alvmew. I can guarantee it will not be as well run as his, as I have decided to host. The plan is tomorrow morning at 8am BST, to help those that struggle with times arranged by US based members.

So far, Vault Boy, cupcakeunicorn, Red Arremer and myself are involved. If anyone is interested in joining us, let me know. I haven't given any thought to numbers or number of items, as I don't know if anyone will be interested. We will play it by ear. I have a quarter of island unused so far, so I will be able to put some fencing down to keep everything in one area and safe.

Sorry for the short notice, I have been meaning to post this all week but I am a world class procrastinator. Hopefully something good can be created out of this frankly shambolic attempt at event organising.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I had one ugly simple well(I don't get why these aren't customizable) sitting in my forest, so I decided to replace it with this:
exaaxfauyaee28bobkyq.jpeg

Nice place for studying while listening to relaxed music and having a good view.

I planted some weeds two or three days ago as well, taken from an island tour. They've grown larger both yesterday and today. I don't know why yours wouldn't have.

... it did rain yesterday, but I don't remember it raining the day prior. Maybe that does have something to do with it, I don't know.
Hmmm...

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Are meteor showers random? I need star fragments for a bunch of recipes and I can never find a meteor shower :(

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
A couple of us are trying to organise a cataloguing swap meet, as inspired by alvmew. I can guarantee it will not be as well run as his, as I have decided to host. The plan is tomorrow morning at 8am BST, to help those that struggle with times arranged by US based members.

So far, Vault Boy, cupcakeunicorn, Red Arremer and myself are involved. If anyone is interested in joining us, let me know. I haven't given any thought to numbers or number of items, as I don't know if anyone will be interested. We will play it by ear. I have a quarter of island unused so far, so I will be able to put some fencing down to keep everything in one area and safe.

Sorry for the short notice, I have been meaning to post this all week but I am a world class procrastinator. Hopefully something good can be created out of this frankly shambolic attempt at event organising.
*raises hand*

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Different villager personalities craft from different pools of DIY recipes, and teach you different reactions.
Reactions are locked behind personality types.
Otherwise, you get a slightly bigger variety of DIYs from them (though Bam was crafting a pear dress the other day, so I don't think that stuff is outright gated).

Outside of gameplay, you also get more variety in dialogue and conversations.
Thanks! I'll definitely try to go for a variety for now then.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018

I'd love to join, though I have no clue what I can offer as I rarely feel like anything I have is all that rare.

... Got a Cute DIY table. *Shrug

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I found the face of Bill Wibbly in my toast. That bastard
EXAGMIHVcAE4hAx

Harris

Nov 15, 2019
UK
I'd love to join, though I have no clue what I can offer as I rarely feel like anything I have is all that rare.

... Got a Cute DIY table. *Shrug
I feel the same way, so don't worry about it. You might have a colour someone wants and not realise. Plus, the more the merrier. If anything, we should have a laugh doing it.

If it all fails, we can just do some group bug catching and fishing.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
That's good to know, thanks
Just to confirm it, I am currently doing this on a second save without issues. Started a week ago and put it on March 20th. I'm currently on April 4th speeding through Bunny Day (since I don't need anything from there).
It was nice to be able to get the March critters into the museum in that save too, it would have felt empty otherwise.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
I feel the same way, so don't worry about it. You might have a colour someone wants and not realise. Plus, the more the merrier. If anything, we should have a laugh doing it.

If it all fails, we can just do some group bug catching and fishing.
Cool, then sign me up to the PM chain or how ever this is being handled.
I am In great need of many things.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Had Kiki in the campsite, so I played around with the 'make another villager move so you can move in' stuff. I'm sure most people know this, but I hadn't really tried it yet.

She had me play a card game for a couple of items. Eventually asked about moving here, then made me play a card guessing game to decide it.

Island is full, so she mentioned that she 'heard someone' is thinking about moving. However, I didn't want that villager to move. Resetting did not change the chosen villager. I rejected the idea and kept talking, eventually she brought up moving again. Went through process again, same villager offered up as sacrifice.

So it looks like you can keep initiating dialogue and the option will eventually come up. Sometimes I had to play a game to decide whether they wanted to move, sometimes they rejected the idea before the card game was even an option. A couple of times there was no game necessary or rejection, Kiki just said she'd move here and went on to resident services. In any case, you can keep talking and eventually they will ask about moving in again, as much as you want.

Each time, though, the villager that was 'thinking of moving' didn't change. So...no Kiki I guess. We'll see who it is next time.
So the first time she said a name you didn't want, you pressed the home button and closed the game while still in that dialogue? But only the first time?
When you have done that and get to the point where they suggest one again it picks a random again which means it could be the same one a couple times in a row. There are only 10 to pick from after all. As soon as you go past that and the game saves it is locked in.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017

That's be about 3 am est, which to be fair isn't an unusual time for me to be up. :p I'd like to go on a tentative list if there are still any spots left.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Say can someone help me out? I saw ground-lights in screenshots before, like round lights that are actually recessed into the ground that light upwards. Does anyone have an idea how to get these either as a buy-able item or DIY?

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.